Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

Mr T getting the what chant for his list of days he loves his mother was great though

i felt bad for him, especially when they cut him short in the middle of his speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Debating double dipping for Saturday and doing evolve and mercury rising. I have no shame in admitting that it's strictly for Kota Ibushi.

e: Is the Kaiju Big Battel bell time really midnight? If so, I could probably get there after ROH ends haha

Akileese fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 11, 2016

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

AfterFather posted:

:laffo: at those ticket prices to NXT Dallas on stub hub. I can get floor-side seats to a Mavs game (against a bad team) if I paid those prices. Also, our favorite angry person will be in west Fort Worth on 3/31. I'll keep my eye out for other local stuff around DFW.

This show is being put on by a good friend of mine from my Wrasslin days. Here is the card as it stands now.

Jax Dane vs Charlie Haas. NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Iron Empire vs Brown and Dirty NWA World Tag Team Championship Match

Ray Rowe Vs Lance Archer vs Rodney Mack Triple Threat

Amber O'Neal Gallows vs Jessica James NWA Womens Championship Match

Bullet club member Chase Owens vs Jason The Gift Kincaid

Should be a good show. Always entertaining and family friendly.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I've always thought the Ridglea would make an interesting wrestling venue. No one ever ran it when I grew up in Fort Worth so I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

Haven
Dec 28, 2005

They might just as well've been closed.
Well I'm officially going to ROH on Friday night, Supershow on Sat night, and Wrestlemania. (And then flying home and going to work Monday straight from the airport, sweet Jesus!).

I'll also be at Wrestlecon probably all day Saturday. If you see Mega Ran's booth, come say hi to me and kinetic77.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I won't be there

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Haven posted:

Well I'm officially going to ROH on Friday night, Supershow on Sat night, and Wrestlemania. (And then flying home and going to work Monday straight from the airport, sweet Jesus!).

I'll also be at Wrestlecon probably all day Saturday. If you see Mega Ran's booth, come say hi to me and kinetic77.

I'll be at that supershow and probably wrestlecon in the morning (I'll be the guy buying all of Pentagon JR's merch) gonna try and squeeze as much in as possible before luch as we want to try and go to six flags in the afternoon/early evening if that is even possible....

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Our schedule is mental, especially thanks to WWE double-booking our Kevin Owens meet and greet with the Hall of Fame.

Do goons ever actually meet up off the back of these?

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm having trouble finding a show for Friday, since ROH got sold out and Evolve has been sold out in the only seats that matter. I may end up going to Kajiu Big Battel and Shimmer in the end.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beer_Suitcase posted:

This show is being put on by a good friend of mine from my Wrasslin days. Here is the card as it stands now.

Jax Dane vs Charlie Haas. NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Iron Empire vs Brown and Dirty NWA World Tag Team Championship Match

Ray Rowe Vs Lance Archer vs Rodney Mack Triple Threat

Amber O'Neal Gallows vs Jessica James NWA Womens Championship Match

Bullet club member Chase Owens vs Jason The Gift Kincaid

Should be a good show. Always entertaining and family friendly.

That actually sounds pretty okay, although I'm a bit shocked to find out Rodney Mack is still wrestling.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That actually sounds pretty okay, although I'm a bit shocked to find out Rodney Mack is still wrestling.

I think he works local Texas indies. I went to a show that he was advertised for a while back but he no showed. You can also catch noted shitlord cool guy Action Jackson (yeah, that guy who tagged with King Parsons) and sometimes also see Ahmed Johnson! :negative:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

AfterFather posted:

I think he works local Texas indies. I went to a show that he was advertised for a while back but he no showed. You can also catch noted shitlord cool guy Action Jackson (yeah, that guy who tagged with King Parsons) and sometimes also see Ahmed Johnson! :negative:

I'm pretty sure that Rodney Mack & Jazz have lived in the area since they were both on Raw in 2003. Charlie Haas & Jackie used to have a smoothie shop in Frisco as well (with Umaga).

https://youtu.be/poOtXvUCA0A

Thats how the Mania set is going to look for anyone interested.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Less then a week out!

I didn't realize the Kaiju Big Battel show had a start time of midnight. Is anyone else going directly over there from Takeover? Ibushi and Mega Ran being there are pushing my wife and I towards just making it a long night.

Schedule for the weekend: Axxess, Taker & Kaiju on Friday. Might hit up Wrestlecon on Saturday, keeping the day open. Mania all day on Sunday and then possibly go score some tickets to Raw.

We are also going to be doing some tailgating on Sunday. Probably get a TV set up with some old Mania matches/videogames, grill some burgers and drink a bit. If anyone wants to stop by to take a shot or hang out, send me a PM!

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

kinetic77 posted:

If anyone wants to meet up for some drankin' and live music Mega Ran and I are playing some shows that weekend.

If anyone was looking to go to the Prophet Bar show on 4/1 it has been cancelled.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

Less then a week out!

I didn't realize the Kaiju Big Battel show had a start time of midnight. Is anyone else going directly over there from Takeover? Ibushi and Mega Ran being there are pushing my wife and I towards just making it a long night.

Schedule for the weekend: Axxess, Taker & Kaiju on Friday. Might hit up Wrestlecon on Saturday, keeping the day open. Mania all day on Sunday and then possibly go score some tickets to Raw.

We are also going to be doing some tailgating on Sunday. Probably get a TV set up with some old Mania matches/videogames, grill some burgers and drink a bit. If anyone wants to stop by to take a shot or hang out, send me a PM!

A buddy and I will be hitting both NXT and Kaiju.

Here's my plans:

Friday:
NXT
Kaiju

Saturday:
Evolve
WrestleCon Supershow

Sunday:
Mania

Monday:
Raw

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wrestlecon has an interesting card. 4 unannounced matches billed as "surprises" on Twitter, and these:

Matt Hardy vs Lance Storm
Joey Ryan vs Jeff Jarrett, 10 Man Tag, Captain's choice (this gimmick was fun when they did it before)
Monster's Ball: Jeff Hardy vs Abyss vs Andrew Everett vs Trevor Lee vs AR Fox
Marty Scurll vs Will Ospreay
6 Man Tag: Tigre Uno, Bestia 666 y Jack Evans vs Drago, Aerostar y Fireball (replacing the injured Fenix)

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wrestlecon has an interesting card. 4 unannounced matches billed as "surprises" on Twitter, and these:

Matt Hardy vs Lance Storm
Joey Ryan vs Jeff Jarrett, 10 Man Tag, Captain's choice (this gimmick was fun when they did it before)
Monster's Ball: Jeff Hardy vs Abyss vs Andrew Everett vs Trevor Lee vs AR Fox
Marty Scurll vs Will Ospreay
6 Man Tag: Tigre Uno, Bestia 666 y Jack Evans vs Drago, Aerostar y Fireball (replacing the injured Fenix)

Scurll/Ospreay should be interesting since they are also working the main event at Mercury Rising.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ch3cooh posted:

Scurll/Ospreay should be interesting since they are also working the main event at Mercury Rising.

One of the reasons I'm debating skipping mercury rising. A lot of these guys are working evolve and MR so I really have to wonder how balls to the wall they can go doing 2 or 3 shows in a single day.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
At least Ospreay and Scurll will be in a 6-man tag at Mercury Rising so they won't have to go TOO hard in that match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

At least Ospreay and Scurll will be in a 6-man tag at Mercury Rising so they won't have to go TOO hard in that match.

historically speaking the gabe wm weekend 6 man involves going very hard

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
still think gabe should be paying blood generation and do fixer money each year for capitalizing on their work from a decade ago.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

historically speaking the gabe wm weekend 6 man involves going very hard

Yeah but they're still only going to be in portions of the match. Hopefully Tommy spends the lion's share of that team's time in the ring.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm keeping it pretty simple, just going to Mania and potentially RAW.

Still, I'll be out and about since I live 30 minutes away.

EDIT: I've been seriously considering tailgating early for Mania. JerryDome's parking situation is hell on earth.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Shinjobi posted:

I'm keeping it pretty simple, just going to Mania and potentially RAW.

Still, I'll be out and about since I live 30 minutes away.

EDIT: I've been seriously considering tailgating early for Mania. JerryDome's parking situation is hell on earth.

How bad are we talking? We've got a rental car booked and are debating driving,...

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Gaz2k21 posted:

How bad are we talking? We've got a rental car booked and are debating driving,...

It's not so much the parking so much as getting in and out. There's really only one road to and from I30 and it chokes off quick. My suggestion is park close to the highway and walk the 15 minutes to the stadium.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ch3cooh posted:

It's not so much the parking so much as getting in and out. There's really only one road to and from I30 and it chokes off quick. My suggestion is park close to the highway and walk the 15 minutes to the stadium.

Absolutely this. You'll be the smartest guy in town.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I mean, it really depends on which way you're going. If you're trying to get to I30 then you're hosed. It's much easier getting to 360/820/20 if you know you way around town.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
alright so what are the odds of showing up at the door of Supercard of Honor X and getting tickets? Like it says sold out but who knows if there might be a few extra seats in General Admission still available

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

It's a bit loving warm in Dallas.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

AfterFather posted:

Fun Fact! I walked in on AJ washing his dick in the sink at an old NWA-SW show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Genericide posted:

We didn't have a winter this year. I've lived in Texas my whole life and I've never gone an entire winter without busting a jacket out once or twice. Kinda freaked out, honestly.:tinfoil:

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

We didn't have a winter this year. I've lived in Texas my whole life and I've never gone an entire winter without busting a jacket out once or twice. Kinda freaked out, honestly.:tinfoil:

can't wait for 2 months from now were we get to start that wonderful streak of 100 degree plus days until september

love to sweat my brains out my ears

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I grew up around the Houston area. Humidity is just a thing I've come to accept, so heat by itself ain't no thang.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Genericide posted:

Today was as perfect a day as you get in North Texas. Spent a good chunk of the afternoon at the Katy Trail Ice House with the wife.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
So heading out tomorrow - I'd like to meet some of you guys if possible. Events I'll be at :

Friday: Evolve & NXT
Saturday: Shimmer & HOF
Sunday: Just Mania.

I have the same user name on Twitter and that's probably the easiest way to hit me up if any of you are around/want to meet.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

see you at Shimmer!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I'll be at NXT, my twitter is the_real_ch3 hit me up if you want to grab a beer

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ch3cooh posted:

Today was as perfect a day as you get in North Texas. Spent a good chunk of the afternoon at the Katy Trail Ice House with the wife.

Today is gonna be even better! It's supposed to be low 60s high 50s and slightly breezy, which will mitigate the sun. I'm excited for tonight. That ROH card looks top notch. Twitter is my username. If anyone wants to grab a beer during or after the show hit me up. I probably won't get to the Hyatt until about 645 or so. Tomorrow I'm doing Evolve in the afternoon and POSSIBLY Mercury Rising at 8pm.

Wagnike2, what time is Shimmer on Saturday? I really wanted to hit that show up but not if I'm going to miss any of evolve. I may do that instead of mercury rising.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

shimmer is between evolve and mercury rising in the same venue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

oatgan posted:

shimmer is between evolve and mercury rising in the same venue

Oh really!? That's amazing! Then I'll probably end up going since I don't have to move.

• Locked thread