Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Liquid Penguins posted:

Take me down to the xcom city where the grass is green and the snakes have tittay

This made me laugh far too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
"Why aren't the poison rounds working? So useless!"

"Uh, Chryssalids are immune to poison"

"D'oh!"

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

They sure did show off a lot of bugs in today's stream :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm still super hyped, got Friday off and I'm ready to plow

Sword gun best gun.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Gonna take it to those loving moon men.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Kenshin posted:

The United States of America

AMERICA! gently caress YAH! COMING AGAI---

You have reached your monthly data cap. A surcharge of $5 per gigabyte over your limit will now be applied. Thank you for choosing Comcast.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Somehow I managed to get Friday off. It's gonna be a good day.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Psykmoe posted:

Maybe that question has been answered somewhere, but is Enemy Within canon for XCOM2? I wouldn't mind getting sent on missions to retrieve the bits to build a MEC at some point. I mean, come on, we're recruiting the dregs, may as well keep them fighting as Robocops when they get hurt.

Xcom only shot down a scout and the supply barge that would become the Avenger before the council bailed and Xcom was shut down.

The aliens bombard earth and accept a hasty peace treaty. Advent is set up as unified world government with bright shining cities. The aliens openly rule the world with compassion, curing all known diseases, eliminating want and calling for unity.

Those that speak out quietly go missing or are labeled terrorists.

The remains of Xcom know the aliens are sinister with ulterior motives and carry on the fight. Shen and Bradford are all that is left from the original command team as Vahlen and the Commander have gone missing. For twenty years Xcom operates as an underground resistance movement, gathering supplies and supporters in the outskirt.s

In the interim years the Avenger is brought online and they recruit rogue Advent scientist Tygan as head of the research team.

Shen dies of old age. His younger daughter takes over the engineering department.

Bradford finds out that the aliens have captured the Commander and are holding them in stasis. He mounts a rescue missions and succeeds, hoping that you, the Commander, can pick up where you left off.

Good luck, Commander.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 1, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

CrazyLoon posted:

Personally, I'll consider the book to not be canon and just imagine that the canon is you lasting until the base defense mission (but totally borking up the research so that you can only fight with base weapons and armor), whereupon you get curbstomped and Bradford somehow survives.

The Commander spent too much time ordering new sets of basic armour for the troops in different colours; having them try it on with various wigs. The council balked at the exorbitant wig bill and bailed.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Hey Junpei. Tell you what. If you actually mod weapons in the game and post them on the nexus, I'll buy you platinum.

You're a blithering idiot that just goes on and on but you have some great ideas.

Put those ideas to work, learn how to mod the game and start your path to a career in STEM.

You'll fit in with the other autistic code monkeys you'll be sharing a cube farm with one day.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Has anyone who picked up from GMG got their code yet? I assume not but I guess I'm being paranoid.

Got mine.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

UberJew posted:

had i tried playing with ironman enabled at release my first campaign of EU would have ended in a corrupt savegame in the middle of the temple ship

please don't actually enable ironman at release

Hey buddy! 10 hours down the loving drain!

I can't wait to play in 7 hours!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So I'm on an extraction mission.

My rookie is the last guy left to go. He is two squares away from the extraction zone. A viper poisons him and then an Advent trooper moves in on overwatch 3 squares away.

The rookie panics and runs in to the open, where the trooper blows his head off.

Mission accomplished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

splifyphus posted:

This happened to me with the last two avatars and they never showed up again. My crack squad got slowly whittled down by infinite reinforcements at the end of a four hour mission with a broken win condition.

Fix your game, Jake.

I was scanning a new comm tower and it went in to -5 days.

I went in and out of the geoscape a few times and now all of the events triggered at once.

I thought a patch was incoming?