Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

VoLaTiLe posted:

Just been informed I am starting a 4 weeks training course come next monday :shepface:

Its residential so no xcom 2 for me :shepicide:

I'm in a similar boat; I took up a position on another continent, and won't have my hands on a computer that can run this until mid-June. At least I'll have some new hats to put on my troops thanks to the DLC and get whatever the XCOM 2 equivalent of "start building as many satellites as possible" essential strategies by then. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

So regarding Dr. Vahlen: There's going to be a DLC, right? I like the idea of Shen and Vahlen both getting a DLC.

Pure speculation on my part, but the summary of her role in the book as 'collecting' alien specimens makes it seem pretty likely that the second DLC, titled "Alien Hunter", is probably going to feature her as the driving force behind the hunt. It would also explain the 'drama' and 'confrontation' part of the description, where the new weapons are coming from, and so on.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

The 80s post-apocalypse look they've decided to go with for Anarchy's Children really makes me wish they were giving other genres of retro science fiction a similar treatment. I'd definitely pay $5 for some outfits inspired by Forbidden Planet, the British TV series UFO, XCOM '94's jumpsuits and spandex, the Science Patrol from Ultraman, and similar stuff that influenced the development of the series.

The Easy Rider fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 17, 2016