Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Does Gotcha! crash horribly with the new expansion or still work? I wouldn't try a gameplay mod but that one might be okay.

Might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I turned on double timers on the strategic map because I am bad at the strategic map. It helps.

The timers on the tactical maps seem really tight at normal time, though. I feel like I have to rush dangerously everywhere to even have a hope.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Okay, how does integrated DLC work with the alien rulers?

Do the rulers show up if I have their DLC on? Or do the Chosen completely replace them, and you can just make their stuff? If they do show up, does their 'action every time you go' thing still happen or did that get tweaked?

I have almost always run with Alien Hunters completely uninstalled and I don't know if I should be changing that with War of the Chosen. I do have Shen's Last Gift installed and active though.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zore posted:

You know Alien Facilities?

Rules will now spawn guarding them if you integrate, and won't activate until you attack their individual facility. They're hard coded not to show up on missions with a Chosen and vice versa, and their ruler reactions are toned down so they don't trigger on reloads or actions outside LOS. Otherwise unchanged.

If you don't integrate they work the same as they did before with the reloard/LOS nerfs.

Cool, thank you. I'll probably just leave them off for now but it's good to know attention was paid to them.

I really like the 'integrate DLC' design choice in general. Makes the whole thing feel more unified.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Midnight Suns is 75% off in the Steam sale - as someone who REALLY likes XCOM but dislikes marvel generally, is it still worth it?

Absolutely not. The writing leans on you already knowing and caring about these characters, and there's a lot of writing. If you don't like Marvel or are suffering from extreme levels of Marvel fatigue, well... that's all they got.