Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Hope they find a way to stop you mousing over locations to see if an enemy is standing there. I'm a bad person and can never resist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
1080p upscaled kinda looks like rear end on my 2560x1440 monitor. I've tried all 3 options - windowed/fullscreen/borderless. INI tweaks anyone??

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Liu posted:

instant avenger menus is 100% necessary, I would also go with Evac All and the retroactive awc.

I've had 2 instances with Evac All where one dude was left behind.. with the turn timer on 1 :/ Whats odd is it ends turn, so they were captured.

I'd avoid until its patched

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Mzbundifund posted:

I love that guy, whoever he is. Yesterday we went on operation Doom Tooth.

Sweaty Whisper is the best I've had, and the cherry on top was for a knockout the VIP mission

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Whats the ETA on the final DLC? I'm holding off another playthrough

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Give me a Spark, mech, or SHIV, and I'll kill it on its first mission :cry:

Am I just bad at managing units with no cover, or are they bullet magnets for everyone else?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Welp I lost my frost grenade. Mission totally went to poo poo, and I had to carry out 2 dudes & leave one behind.

Thats it isn't it? No chance to make another?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
So my heavy got rapid fire from the AWC.. Forgetting it doesn't have a cooldown I then upgrade him with Chain Shot :cry:

Any quick and easy way to reverse a promotion?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Just retrain him with the AWC. He'll keep Rapid Fire.

Oh, yeah. Thanks. I've never used that in half a dozen games and forget it even exists.

For some content: Faceoff sniper leading the way can be pretty funny. Who needs Bradfords Reaper ability?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eztVST9OrCU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Shakill OReal posted:

Mods I wouldn't recommend a first playthrough without:

Evac All
Overwatch All/Others

Also Stop Wasting My Time

I dont use any now unfortunately because they are all a bit broken after the latest patch. SWMT straight up doesnt work now. Evac All once left a guy behind for me when the timer was at 1 turn, so they were lost. Overwatch All cheats with the rulers & lets you take multiple shots at them

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Do Talon rounds do much though given how Hit/Crit rolls are one and the same (without modding)?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Maluco Marinero posted:

Heaps. Imagine with a laser sight, talon rounds and a flank, your ranger is now essentially guaranteed to crit near every time they hit. A high crit with a low hit chance just means the hit is guaranteed to crit with combined rolls.

But.. when flanking you're basically guaranteed to crit because the hit % is so high. Increasing crit% doesn't do anything in this case.

The second example makes more sense with a low hit chance, but thats a shot I might not take anyway

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Maluco Marinero posted:

High hit chance != high crit chance?

If you have 90% to hit and 45% to crit your crit probability is 50% IF you hit. Late game you want that to be more like 75% - 100% so the Ranger can get near guaranteed one shot kills.

Sorry, yeah you're right. I've confused with the scenario when crit% >= hit%, which guarantees a crit.

eg 50% hit 50% crit, is a guaranteed crit provided the shot is successful

Re-reading your post thats exactly what you said

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
After finishing Veteran ironman twice now, I thought I'd give Legendary a try, but man is it obnoxious. Just unlucky I guess, having rookies constantly blown away behind full cover.

Is there a mod that drops your hp to 1 if you're critted at full hp & behind full cover? I think that would remove 90% frustration without abusing difficulty too much. I want more difficulty than Veteran, which is kinda easy now, but not so much that I need to hunker down constantly, or setup fall-back overwatch traps for every single encounter

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

I believe this mod will achieve a similar effect to what you want.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=624799134

I'm already using that, and it doesn't mess with damage output. It just makes separate rolls for Hit & Crit, rather than having them combined (eg if Crit% is > Hit%, a hit will definitely cause a crit).

Maybe what I need is an 'always bleed out' mod, but it only gets enabled when you are behind full cover etc

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Ohh I get it now :doh:

You're right, with that mod getting critted behind full cover would be much less likely

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Christ I got the Archon King on an extraction mission. Until now I had been roughly willpower ironmaning, but that went out the window when fighting it for more than 2 turns summons 2 extra enemy squads

e: luckily I have 2 freeze grenades, and 2 acid grenades BUT STILL

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Wow, apparently XCOM 2 was one of the best selling games on Steam this year. Yeahhh boy!

EXPANSION WHEN JAKE!!

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Hunt11 posted:

I have to say a Ranger with death from above is just so much fun.

Hah I just got that random perk on mine. With an expanded magazine you can go nuts with multiple rapid fires and wipe out entire squads, before reloading as your final action

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Flakey internet? Mods dont seem to work at all if the Steam workshop cant be contacted

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
My squad is approaching steamroller status, so I can do silly things like deliberately split 3 codexes before cleaning up all 6 of them with Faceoff

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Mind control does eventually wear off on its own. Its not often you'll need to resort to that, but maybe that could've helped? Having taken the vial though I'm pretty sure it becomes a reinforcement spam session

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

bad day posted:

I finally finished my first vanilla campaign - or at least I think I did - my three dudes interrupted the alien broadcast and started a riot and then the screen went black for 20 minutes before I opened task manager and closed the game.

I'm gonna pretend I won and start long war 2 now.

Thats not the ending.. just before the final mission

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Does EU aim rolls work or did they fix the retarded always crit dudes in full cover poo poo in wotc?

Also curious about this, if they've tweaked crits into a second roll

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

BlazetheInferno posted:

ALERT! ALERT! IMPORTANT TRANSMISSION!

The EU Aim Rolls mod has been updated! There is a new version for WotC now uploaded to the Workshop! Don't suffer under XCom2's stupid single-roll system any further!

Everyone get this

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Any point to playing the tutorial? Is it changed? I've finished the original half a dozen times

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
It does feel a bit OP. My resistance dudes killed 2 stunlancers from full hp on my latest haven assault.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I get that on a GTX1080 and 6700k at that exact point about 50% of the time. They've improved performance a lot, but there are still some engine quirks

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

What's the best class to give Repeaters to? I found a superior one and I have a resistance order that brings it up to 20% chance of instant kill.

I give mine to Heavies mostly, for the opening shot on difficult enemies. If they aren't Executed!!! then their armor is shredded, and holo targeting is applied.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

kater posted:

Are Engineers supposed to be incredibly rare at the start? I couldn't buy a magnet shotgun for a while because I hadn't gotten a second one. Black Market only had a scientist, and I don't know if it's because I enabled the tutorial or if this is the new normal, but I couldn't find the button to buy stuff at HQ. Also I don't think I've been given a choice of targets to pick a reward from yet.

That sucks. I got super lucky in my game and picked up 3 in the first couple of months

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Whats the mod that stops *max* will being Chosen drained?

and does it fix existing soldiers

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Assassin showed up on the Blacksite mission and pretty much rekt everything. I activated a pod with a mec, assassin shows up and summons another mec, next turn uses the wind ability that dazes 3 units in a line.

2 KIA, 1 captured templar, and Mr sniper evac'd carrying the unconsious frost bomb heavy.

Tense as gently caress

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Really want to see a sniper with faceoff get completely surrounded by 100s of Lost. Bonus points for using Between the Eyes, and protect them with statis a few times to really build up the hoard

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Posted a few up about this but I can't figure out how to hack this thing for the life of me. Is it bugged or is there something I don't understand about this objective? Am I supposed to do more than just stand near it and use a hack prompt? I can't get anything to pop up.

By that screenshot there should be a hacking prompt. Looks like a bug :(

^^ same. I'm thinking a spawn bug because on 2nd level

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao psitroopers with the solace aura can just stand next to mind controled soldiers to instantly free them

How can you possibly think they aren't broken as hell? Everytime I see someone use one I'm reminded how stupid they are.

I'd much prefer if psitrooper numbers were limited. Even as low as 1, and force the name to be Neo or something.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Really wish you could spend Intel to call in reinforcements of your own

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Goddamn it I'm so short on elerium cores. Is there a mod to add them to the blackmarket?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
You can still place it manually after hacking the door. Plonk it within a yellow move

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
XCOM adventure game would be sweet. Set in a small city block with lots of paranoia. Scrounge for supplies, wonder who is an alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Killed all 3 Chosen, all research completed, and I've barely touched the main storyline. Jacked a codex but I really cant be bothered with the rest of the campaign now. Shouldn't have put 250 hours into the base game :(