Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

LordNat posted:

Since our base in XCOM 2 is going to be a refitted space ship what are the odds that the Expansion Pack is going to be sending us into space after we retake the surface?

High.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

grrarg posted:

The Twitch stream was a bit painful to watch. Those Firaxis guys do not have Jake Solomon's personality. The modding tools and procedural map generation look powerful and fairly easy to use. Automatically changing a map from arid desert to temperate forest to frozen tundra or something in between on the fly was really impressive.

The Eurogamer video with Jake and the Long War guy from today is a better (and shorter!) explanation of why they wanted the Long War people involved.

The best part of the eurogamer interview is watching Johnnylump kvelling and almost tearing up as Jake talks about how much the LW team influenced and inspired them.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Coolguye posted:

i'm still really sad that there isn't a version of overwatch 1 where beagle completes his sentence

also in the second post now

Really makes me hanker for a Platoon/X-Nam full conversion.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Thyrork posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FkZdURy07I

Video with Multiplayer. Interestingly enough the list of possible alien units has no surprises.

Replay files alone will make XCOM 2 MP really great.

It is interesting that there were no other aliens, although it's possible that they were embargoed from that review build. I'd be pretty shocked if Ethereals are not a unit.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Rookersh posted:

She was nearing the end of High School when the aliens attacked, so yes, she's late 30's/early 40's.

She died shortly after the invasion. Shen's last gift is her anatomically perfect android body.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Jaroslav posted:

I am able to play this on a laptop that is quite a bit below minimal specs, integrated gpu and everything. The fps is not very good and there's a bit of stuttering, but it is playable which makes me very happy

If you don't mind, what type of integrated graphics do you have? Trying to gauge if it will work on my 4 yo All In One.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Coolguye posted:

I understand that - I actually went and confirmed that semantic before posting last night to see if there was any other reasonable explanation. This is the mission after the power reactor mission that I completely slammed up against (the power core mission I also failed twice, but those were more understandable tactical errors. I had bad hit ratings then too but I wrote it off as bad luck.) I have no real subweapons to work with here so the only damage going out is rookie assault rifles and grenades. Especially as the problems mounted, I obsessively set up flank shots, and close range flank shots at that, so my expected rating was, pessimistically, 70%. My actuals kept showing up between 30 and 38%.

Time to re-litigate the fairness of the PRNG.

I predict about 2 weeks of insane flames before a somebody deep dives to verify.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Higher chance to miss doesn't make the attack more deadly, it means that IF something hits it's going to sting.

For example let's assume a shot has a 75% chance to hit and a 40% chance to miss:
1-40 crit
41-75 hit
76-100 miss

Now put the target in cover/aid whatever that makes that a 50% chance to hit (assume crit stays the same in this example)
1-40 crit
41-50 hit
51-100 miss

The target gets crit just as often as before, but takes less damage overall. It FEELS deadlier because we remember significant events like crits, but that doesn't mean it IS deadlier or isn't working right.

Well, it's certainly deadlier than if the hit and crit rolls were independent (like in XCOM EU/EW).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Insert name here posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Long War cause base XCOM1 rockets were perfectly accurate 90% of the time

I mean yeah 10% of the time they flew hilariously off course and probably kill half your team cause :xcom: but last I checked a 90% chance to hit is not "horrible"

Yep, all Heavies makes for easy wins in vanilla EU/EW, especially on impossible.