Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Ground floor baby. Too bad I have a rugby match on the 6th, thats gonna really mess up my intended hermitage to xcom mountain. Pretty pumped for this, looks like it will be a real winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
what happened to those beagle gifs of the massive overwatchs? If someone has those, we should get em in the OP.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Well, they have already let a fair amount of information about the tech tree stuff out, I'm happy they are keeping much of the story and what not under wraps.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
10am tomorrow pst if I'm not mistaken?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Is it just me or can you not pick up dead soldiers that were mind controlled? Just had that happen on my black site mission and it was quite annoying.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Hunter Noventa posted:

I defintiely waited too long on the first Blacksite. Went in and the Vial room had two Andromedons in it while I still only had ballistic weaponry. Jesus. Lost 2/3 of my squad on that, but i managed to finish them off and finish the mission. Barely. I was dodging overwatch fire dashing into the evac zone.

I'm not sure if I just took too long or what, but I feel like I need to find a tweak that slows down the alien enemy progression, it's a LOT faster than it was in EU, and I'm playing on Rookie.

Seriously? I just got plasma and I am just now seeing andromedons. I also don't know how you waited that long to do that first mission, I had the doom clock run out long before that point.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
So many people playing this game and not paying attention to the information the game presents to you.
Echoing that the last mission is insane, you have some great help but Lord forgive you if you roll in without a means of breaking psi stuff and big alpha strike damage.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Panfilo posted:

For Grimy's Loot mod, I've picked up some of those lockboxes but unlocking them doesn't seem to be available in research options. Is there something I'm missing?

I think its in the proving ground to unlock them?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Colapops posted:

Try opening the console and using the command GrimyLootUpdateResearch.

Yeah I was wrong, and this does the trick. Enable the console through steam properties.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I've hit the way back machine and am working through Apocalypse again.

Game rocks, that is all

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

vosk posted:

nope. :(

edit: if you target a muton with wrath/justice as a skirmisher, they don't counter. I think wrath/justice have a 100% stun chance? so maybe they just get stunned before they can react. I have not gotten my skirmisher high enough level to just use the ripjack melee attack outside of wrath/justice, so not sure how that goes.

From a long time ago but this is not true in my experience, I had a muton knock my skirmisher flat for trying to fly punch him

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Is the chosen avenger assault like a normal avenger assault?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Sparks rule pretty hard, I'd recommend both if you can find a deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Freedom Force was a pretty cool game