Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Where's the cheapest place to get it right now? I heard a few places were selling it for 25-30% off and wondered where the most reputable deal was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is OpenTFTD at a point where it can be completed by us complete scrublords mere mortals yet?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Seeing as how the OpenXCOM thread is long dead, does anyone mind if I ask about it here? I started reading about the Final Mod Pack and fired up my old OX install to try it out, only to find out I need one of the nightlies. Problem is, when I go to run it, it hangs, opens 3 or 4 copies of itself that I can't kill in task manager and refuses to do anything else. I've followed the instructions to the letter, but I'm totally lost about what I might be doing wrong.

Demiurge4 posted:

This is really huge. Like, this could bring a whole generation of tactical strategy games that have nothing to do with XCOM just because of the ease with which you can mod it. I'm imagining a Homefront game with the map being various parts of the US and you're fighting off an occupying force.

gently caress Stargate, I want a B.P.R.D. mod now!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I finally got Openxcom and Last Mod to work. Second round of rookie recruitment, this guy appears and all I can think of is that stupid Moon Moon thing. Which, ironically works, because, even for an Xcom rookie, he's outstanding at being unable to hit a goddamn thing.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

With the laser sight add-on, is the crit bonus increased by getting closer or further away from the target? Just wanting to know if I should put it on my prize Ranger or Sharpshooter.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is Shen's Last Gift ever available on sale? It's the only DLC I don't have and I don't think I've ever seen it cheap.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Reveilled posted:

I'm frustrated that the expansion didn't come with a fix for the bizarre melee damage bug where you do a blade attack on an enemy and some unrelated environmental object breaks. I just had one of my squad drop through a roof because of an attack another squad member did on the ground five squares away.

That's not a bug, that's the air pressure of your soldier's Hanzo steel obliterating everything around it, thank you
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are the legacy weapons just there to give you a leg up at the start of a new game? Not complaining, I like them, but the lack of modability will hurt them in the longrun.