Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Going to love downloading XCOM 2 on 200kb/s max internet in the desert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Just looked up the time and the game is going to unlock at 7am on Friday for me (if I read right and 4am UTC is the release time) which means my data will be uncapped and I'll have hell of extra time to make my dozens/hundreds of soldiers in the character pool before I get started that night, which leads right into my day off :getin:

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
527 posts since I last viewed, hell yeah. Totally going to wait until after work tomorrow to finally play but I am beyond excited

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I'm in Kuwait currently, but game is still on the NA unlock schedule for some reason. Is that because my game is NA region or am I misunderstanding the way games unlock on steam?

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Klyith posted:

Good news!

Yeah the description of how veteran is for people "familiar with xcom" should be more like "for people who played xcom 1 on normal".

OTOH one thing I'm hearing from the people who've played all the way through review copies (and beaglerush on twitter) is that the difficulty curve is much different than it was in 1. Not nearly so front loaded, like how Impossible used to be all about getting through the first 2 months and then just riding the power curve to victory. So if you pick Commander difficulty and it feels too easy at first, there may be some spikes further on into the game.

Still super impatient waiting for the game to unlock, glad to hear this difficulty perspective. I played EU/EW on normal just because I wanted to coast through it and not be TOO challenged but am looking forward to Commander or Legendary on this. Happy to hear it's exactly what I want.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

oh gently caress what happened did it come out already!?
I forgot to preorder poo poo should I just get this on steam? I'm guessing there's no way to get the game + dlc pack for less than $75?

Still not out in US region (if that's where you're from). You've got time! GMG should have a voucher in the VIP section

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Sweet. I never bought poo poo thru them before, is there anything I should keep in mind? Like do they just send a steam key or what?

They just email you the steam key(s) and you plug them in the activate product window. Got mine from GMG and can confirm it was that easy!

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Man, having a ton of fun and a hell of a time with this game. Learning to lose and keep going vs save scumming in XCOM 1 is a journey.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Completely and utterly failed. Maybe I'm "rushing" too much but drat those times make me antsy. Ended up losing in June after pretty much giving up and letting the timer run out. Never had opportunities to replace the men/equipment I lost or counter the ever increasing dark events. Ended up with only 3 guys left alive at the end, never had anyone make it above SGT. Time to try again..

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Have this great bug going on in a retaliation mission where a Berserker stomped on screen, did the cinematic with shaky camera, and the camera has stayed shaky. Makes even mundane actions seem overdramatic as hell

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Is there a consensus on what's safe to sell on the black market and what isn't? Hurting for supplies and need to take drastic measures

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
This thread moves mega fast, but I love it. Just finished another story mission and realized I've never used the skulljack minus the one story use. Also, my only Psi Operative got killed on some bullshit (rip) and now that I've tasted how good the class is... I can't go back.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

SynthOrange posted:

Both my Psi ops in my first run got named "Omen." The issue resolved itself when one of them got killed. :v:

Had two grenadiers be nicknamed "Moose", made them Moose-1 and Moose-2 and now they are a Wrecking Crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Are rescue missions for captured soldiers random or is there some sort of flag you can set off to trigger one? I had one of my best guys I want for the last mission captured due to a bug (knocked out but no one could pick up his body on a blacksite mission) and have been waiting a long time for a rescue. The only other guy I had capped got rescued in like a month or so.