Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
For those of you wondering about the artbook RE spoilers, there doesn't seem to be anything in there that they haven't shown publicly, except maybe the final picture of the book, which is unlabeled but might depict a contagion zone area, as described in the novelization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
new fun bug I found is that apparently using void rift as the initial ambush attack causes your overwatching soldiers to not take overwatch shots. Stun lancer survives the rift and then prances right past five OW guys and sticks his baton up my butt. reload!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
is bladestorm supposed to work at range? I had old man Bradford bladestorm a snake tongue attack which is ok fine but then he bladestormed an enemy at the other end of the map.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:rock:INTERCEPT YEAH GOD drat:rock:

hell yeah. Mission Accomplished, too. perfect soundtrack for our little team of alien-killing GI Joes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Roger Muton: "I'm too old for this poo poo!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
what a gang of morons. :hmbol:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Shine posted:

It'll turn out that you, the player, have been an Ethereal the whole time, and the Chimera squad is actually working to reestablish alien rule!

The Bureau had pretty weak gameplay, but "you are an Ethereal and the player character is just some drunk rear end in a top hat" was a cool plot twist.

hot take: the Commander is the Good Ethereal from the Bureau.

but yeah, it was a funny way of having the loser drunkard turn into a hyper competent bad-rear end and you're like how is he even doing this poo poo... and the answer is he is possessed by an god like alien mind from beyond the stars. should have seen it coming i guess.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zore posted:

Yes

please never bring that back

FoolyCharged posted:

But it combined with destructible buildings gave us that one gif of pure beauty.

rip

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

singateco posted:

why his eyes so weird

space racist!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's like they say: "you put tits on a snake, your argument is invalid."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Eau de MacGowan posted:

snake doctors confirmed sure why not

one may want to make note that this snake has no tits. titless snakes now Canon.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
listen buddy!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

Petition for the first mod for this game to be forcing Virgil to cover his disgusting feet

poo poo's nasty, makes me think less of him. I'm not a space racist, I promise.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
supe killer xcom would super cool, having to think outside the box and find creative ways to whack 'em.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
no one will ever produce anything worth a poo poo with the mouse riding herd on them.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if i can't make all my guys Goku i will not be purchasing your product sir.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you think Disney is going to take a hands off approach with any property they own you got another thing coming buddy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
XcomWatch.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah you better be splatting a hundred guys in a single mission.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
watch the skies

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Disney ruins everything they touch. it was a devil's bargain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Apocalypse is a really interesting concept which had to be scaled down massively too. I'd love to see a remake or spiritual successor which accomplished what the original ideas for Apocalypse actually was.

Really, the only XCOM game which has zero redeeming value is Enforcer.

all the actually simulated city and alien dimension stuff, i bet you could actually pull it off these days. not everyone could do it successfully but it could be done. and it would be fuckin cool.

Kanos posted:

I played an unhealthy amount of Apocalypse and I love the game to death even if I will openly admit that it's ugly as gently caress and it sucks to play.

the play-doh apocalypse!