Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I just want XCOM 3 to be released so I can do more voice acting.

Oh, and the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hell, I've just recently re-installed this from Steam, but even though I verified the integrity of the local files, and am still subscribed to them on my Steam account, I apparently can't get my mods to work? I seem to recall last time that the game asks if you want the mods to be activated at the start menu, but I don't get that now. Any advice?

(my evidence for the mods not being properly installed is the fact that the international voice pack options aren't present when I try to edit characters).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sunday Morning posted:

Are your mods for regular XCom2 or War of the Chosen and are you launching that version of the game? They are treated as separate games with separate mod lists and character pools.

That was the first problem I encountered - I made sure to open it as War of the Chosen (also, all mods state that they need WotC).

Isn't there supposed to be a mod section in the options menu when one starts the game? Cause I'm not seeing it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sunday Morning posted:

I usually run the game through the XCOM Alternative Mod Launcher, but launching the game through Steam it loaded a 2K launcher that had an option to manage mods on it.

Now I see - Firaxis changed the way it usually started. Had to make a alternative game launcher that forced it to open the old way - that seems to have done it.