Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anybody else getting crashes when loading autosaves? I get a black screen with only my soldiers' health bars visible and then it just dies.

General Battuta posted:

When I launch a new game the ADVENT icon pops up on my screen and then the game crashes. Any ideas?

Oh poo poo, the aliens discovered the ultimate weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I play on the 2nd difficulty level because I'm a huge pussy, and I'm still getting my rear end whipped on the retaliation missions. With the 1 civie death per turn, you get 7 turns to kill all the aliens, and that just doesn't seem to be enough.

On the plus side though, the penalty for failing them isn't poo poo anymore. Oh no, I have to make contact with the region again. I'm set back all of 5 days.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Apparently saving with a burrowed Chryssalid will make it impossible to load the save. The more you know.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me, or is Bradford a little cross-eyed?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nation posted:

Also my chinese ranger is called Dong Wang. thanks for the laughs RNG.

Need to team him with an American sharpshooter named Dick Johnson

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zomborgon posted:

Really, I could do without MECs over again. A big, clunky dude in over-engineered power armor is fun, but fits in much less with a covert resistance movement and fast-paced missions. Now, upgrading people like with MELD, but instead with implanted electronics... that I could find interesting.

New class is a houndmaster with a cyborg dog.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Furism posted:

Ok I tried everything I could think of, I still can't get the key mappings to persist across sessions :( I can't believe this is still a problem in a 2016 game that uses Unreal Engine.

Anyway, I'm about to start a new campaign with the DLCs. Never did that before. Is there something I should know?

The alien rulers are very hard.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Beagle seems ... troubled? I dunno, glad he can afford to ditch stuff he doesn't like doing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-TlNe2E2A0

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonah Galtberg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gITg6IBeGKo

This is one of the most bullshit with a capital hosed things I've ever seen. Three Avatar pips in less than a day?

Haha, did that dude lose an 83-hour long war 2 campaign in like 2 minutes on the strategic layer?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My god, the latest Beagle video where he spends 6 turns on a 14-turn timer taking 10% shots whittling down a muton in full cover while his twitch chat melts down calling him an idiot is loving hilarious.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Serephina posted:

Was he right? Did he have 6 turns to spare somehow?

Yeah, easily

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kidkissinger posted:

yeah, he was totally right to do it too. what a crazy modlist.

I like this "skills on weapons" thing he's got going to make it more like OG xcom. That squad wipe was a loving disaster though. It seems like the Chosen really amplify his choice to double the pod sizes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

Based on that mission and the Blacksite he either needs more aoe, more rookies, or stronger perks, tbh. The Advent MECs were merciless

I'm not positive, but I think he's using a mod that makes the composition of the pods harder, so you get fewer cannon fodder guys. It fucks him super hard in the video today because he's facing pods that aren't only doubled in size, they're mostly MECs and berzerkers and poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Affi posted:

Will beagle eventually release the modlist? Anyone know?

I think it's more than a modlist. He tweaks like how much armor certain aliens get and stuff like that

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Beagle campaign is a blast. He's got these mods tuned in to the point where it seems just barely not impossible. Barely.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Been playing EW Long War for the first time, and I just hit what I think was my first "trap" UFO. Pretty sure I'm still in early game (maybe late early game), but it had 2 cyberdisks in one pod, a mechtoid (1st of the campaign), and a berserker (1st of the game).

I think the worst part of it though is all the pods charging you when they hear a fight. Does that become a fixture later or is it just trap UFO behavior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
^^^^Oh it's on gamepass, hell yeah

OzFactor posted:

Did any of you try Lamplighter's League? I think it had a kind of rough launch if I remember correctly, but then I never heard a word about it again.

Thank you, that was the game I have been trying to think of when this X-Com-like conversation started. I remember watching a couple of streams of it last year, and it looked pretty cool, but apparently, it's been out for months and zilch.