Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wizard Styles posted:

It should have been dogs.

But then I'd gently caress up and get a dog killed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pomp posted:

i want ot play this game

It's gonna be so good

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Solomonic posted:

*stares meaningfully into the distance* XCOM 2 is going to be really good and I want to play it

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dogstile posted:

I'm a responsible adult and took friday, monday, tuesday and wednesday off to marathon the poo poo out of this game. I fear that by the end i'll forget to eat.

Drink water

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nordick posted:

So I read there's supposed to be a battle replay feature for this game. Is it yet to be implemented, or is it multiplayer only, or have I just not found it?

The replay feature is not a part of the regular game, and was shown off during a modding panel as a debug tool. I'm assuming that someone will have a write up a tutorial for how to use it at some point.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hick Magnet posted:

This game can really gently caress you with a roll of the dice by never providing an opportunity to get engineers.

Are there not usually engineers available at the black market or HQ? I took advantage of those when I was short scientists.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Phantom is great for seeing where and where pods of enemies are, and stacks with some other class abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vib Rib posted:

Hell, this is the most spineless player thing I could probably say, but I like the idea of an XCOM2 that has no hard fail state. That no matter how badly you gently caress up on the larger metagame, you can always claw your way back up. That would be part of the fun of it, if anything. But you'd really have to work for it.

I think they would have to completely redesign how the metagame works to make no hard fail state work, as it would result in folks grinding forever. But yea, an xcom without it would absolutely work.