Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I've gone from 'Oh Cool' to super pumped for this realising it is out in just a week. My other half was more into EU than I was (I still love old X-COM though) but she is struggling to get excited for 2.

She seems to be mainly tripping up on the snake aliens and wondering why an alien looks so much like something from Earth and doesn't get the breasts.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well they're an occupying force now so they've engineered the more public face aliens to be a better public face? That's what I'm going with anyway. The Ethereals have always been all about wantonly genetically/cybernetically altering their underlings to suit their purposea :shrug:

Well I like their thinking at least.

Eth 1: "We need our snake people to be more appealing to the general human populus!"
Eth 2: "Shall we give them legs at least and remove the huge cobra heads?"
Eth 1: "Thats a solid idea, anyone else?"
Eth 3: "Tits"
Eth 2: "Really? That seems a b-"
Eth 1: "Tits it is. Next up, the chryssalid. I'm thinking monster dong."

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
How is it running for everyone? I can't say its running bad but on my rig I'm having to turn MSAA down to 4x from 8x for a real smooth framerate, which for my rig and the game in question seems a bit off. E.g. 980 Ti.

Doesn't affect my opinion of the game at all just wondered if this is a known issue with optimisation etc etc, might be sorted by new drivers or patches.