Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

terrorist ambulance posted:

wasn't until reading this thread I realized grenades and subdue don't count as an action. whattt

Wait subdue? No way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hunt11 posted:

Having not used Shelter, can she just reposition somebody anywhere on the map to somewhere else? If so that sounds like a real fun combo with Zephyr's bladestorm ability and Torque's acid spitting ability.

He can and he can also delay enemy turns, and he's sick as gently caress with claymore and torque

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any way to give shelter free action shots?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lol I restarted and I felt like the enforcers of a police state stomping all over the early missions

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It was like mission 1 rookie squad from the other side, and it felt powerful

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Verge asking for consent to use psionics to taste a cheesesteak is really endearing :kimchi:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xarbala posted:

Also stops doing the thing where it interrupts your turn ticks to fly off somewhere to take care of some other stuff before flying back, which is very nice.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

super fart shooter posted:

Are ceasefire grenades good? I can't decide, it seems like at best you're giving enemies -1 action their next turn, but they might also just do nothing at all if the enemies have other options that don't require ammo. Flashbangs seem to cover a lot more possibilities, although I'm not sure how they compare in terms of range/radius

They're good until you get good grenades like turncoats and acid imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Both XCOM 1 and 2 suffer greatly being solved games and that the correct way to play then is really slow and boring. They're both much more compelling when you haven't figured out how to cheese the pod mechanics yet.

X-COM is similarly solved, but the correct way to play them is absurd. It doesn't stop being fun when your not getting spooked by sectoids in barns