Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Ending spoilers: I am so pumped for the first expansion, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I'd imagine you'd want to limit unconscious to Advent troops and reward Intel for non-evac mission successes with them...

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Hey all, I've had some real QoL problems with streaming this game. There's no 'TV' mode that makes text more suited to distanced viewing, in addition to the color scheme for the research notes being designed for PC's (darker backgrounds w/ off blue text at any distance outside a desktop setup sucksssss). On top of all that the tooltips in the tactical mode as well as the action and perk layouts are already hard to see on my 720p monitor attached to my desktop.

Is there a 'TV' mode mod in existence at this time, or are there any hooks built into the code that would be easy enough to use for the purposes of changing the size of the UI elements, text spaces and font sizes, and possibly some of the color schemes for certain pop-ups during the debrief back at the Avenger?
Preferably without the scale being tied to resolution. Surprisingly, the UI doesn't get smaller when dynamic-super-resolution is used in place of antialiasing, but I have a feeling this won't remain true with a quick mod-job.

Edit: for the record the game streams just fine technically (and if you can run it with Bokeh on, it speeds up the compression significantly.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 20, 2016

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Whoever was looking for a mod to help with the creation of voice packs, I found one that's designed for finding all the circumstances that queue up vocalizations.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=624744486

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Having some issues running the game since the DLC came out. I though the No Startup Movies mod was the issue at first but verifying the game files isn't fixing it. The game opens the 'CrashWatch' window after the launcher closes. Disabling all mods does nothing.

I got it to run for one session after reinstalling completely over night but I couldn't load anything because I turned off all my mods. When I fixed all the graphics options to what I had before the DLC was added*, I closed out of the game to start a fresh session and a new playthrough for testing purposes... But it yielded the same crash window.
Reinstalling and using Nvidia's optimization settings (even when applying individual settings manually because loving nobody at Nvidia could possibly be testing their appraisals out with this game if they think maxed out antialiasing and loving Bokeh is going to give you 80 FPS with an overclocked 970 (let alone a stock one)
I've uploaded about three or four memory/diagnostics dumps using the crash dialog so if this isn't mod related Firaxis will have those to sift through.
In the meantime, does anyone have a fix for this?

I'm also having trouble getting the development tools to run. The Visual Studio redistributable in there isn't compatible with Windows 7, somehow, and finding another redistributable hasn't worked out even when I used the links and instructions on the 2K forums and Nexus board about this particular issue. If someone has a working redistributable for VSS on Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1, please drop me a Google drive link or email me at roanv [.] berg [at] gmail

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

If the author of the mod that lets you recruit non-advent alien units doesn't add bonds with those when they update for the expansion we will know their cowardice.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Anyone else glad that we got a payoff to the whole quarantine zones thing in the novelization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I switched from ChristopherOdd to EnterElysium and was glad that he didn't take five loving minutes on each turn (while still loving it up somehow) but he got his first Templar, deployed them on a retaliation, and had them enter bleedout before they did anything but move because of a muton grenade.

He then killed a bonded soldier with his own explosives because he didn't check the radius.