Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I put the "Advanced Repeater" on a sniper rifle and this lady one shot the Berserker King, a regular Berserker, and one of those tall ugly dudes all in one mission :psyduck:

Makes up for all those whiffed 80%+ shots i guess.

Now put it on a Reaper with Banish and give her an extended mag :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
You also don't need to be aggressive at all in base defense. The enemies will come to you, and you'll be fed friendly reinforcements from your bench. Ideally, if you can move a Reaper / Ranger to watch the King and a Squadsight Sniper to take potshots at it, you may be able to cheese it down to the point of fleeing.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Resistance Center -> Comms -> Foundry -> Guerilla Tactics -> Training Center or Psilab -> Shadow Chamber, with electricity as need be, imho.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
There’s also a suite of “covert infiltration” mods that pull the most interesting mechanic from LW and apply it to a non-LW template. Haven’t played with them myself but there’s enough of them that clearly somebody likes it.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Usually my game catastrophically crashes by then. I kind of wish there was a “Start in midgame” mod with your soldiers all given their skill choices randomly and a bunch of stuff unlocked.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
When the game is based around shooting enemies in specific places to debilitate, and the enemies have idle animations such that they sometimes cover these weak points and only leave them exposed for a second at a time, it adds a pretty unnecessary element of timing to what is otherwise a totally non-twitch strategy game. It's also just not a very fun game. The fiction written around PP is by far its best part.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Julian “Cumtown” Shen the spark

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Was kind of into the idea for a second, then I realized I’d have to buy all the dlc and that there’s no way someone who loves Phoenix point enough to make a big mod for it is going to pull back on all the stuff that sucks. But maybe I’m wrong and this will be what makes it good! That would be nice.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Are you using the alternative mod launcher for one and loading WORC and not base 2 for two and have all the dependencies loaded for three?