Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I am a curmudgeon and want to mod the game to stop regular bullets from destroying map pieces. What variables should I be looking at? I tried setting bCauseFracture to false on projectile damage types, but that didn't seem to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

wolfman101 posted:

I am a curmudgeon and want to mod the game to stop regular bullets from destroying map pieces. What variables should I be looking at? I tried setting bCauseFracture to false on projectile damage types, but that didn't seem to work.

It was iEnviromentalDamage variables in GameData_WeaponData.ini.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

dyzzy posted:

That swipe basically destroys any terrain/object caught in it, so vehicles are bad but so is being caught on a roof. I can't think of any other melee attack off the top of my head that's prone to collateral damage.

Andromedon definitely destroyed terrain with punches a few times for me.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Honestly, 8 turns seems too little for impossible difficulty for some of the mission types. Having to fight 4 pods means you aren't going to be double moving much. Trying to avoid pods to sneak up on the objective seems to just mean you are going to take even longer because you are fighting two pods at once a turn later. Maybe I am missing something?

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Does overdrive serum have any secret uses and abilities that I am missing? I just tried it out and was completely underwhelmed that I spent 35 space bucks for something that only applies for a single turn and disappears forever.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I was watching Beaglerush shoot the floor out from under his own troops and thought I should make a mod I made public. Tougher buildings.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692643094

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I tried demolition my first game. It is complete garbage. Maybe if it was 100% chance to destroy cover it would be okay

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
You guys know you can see the enemy perks in LW?

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I am excited for long war 2. You get used to the variable damage and rely more on flanking instead of flattening.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Don't forget you can spend 25 intel to increase your "allowed" squad size by 75%. I would suggest it for rookie heavy missions.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I will say they should have gone with resistance management that wasn't managing individuals. Otherwise it is fantastic

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

Maluco Marinero posted:

it's this. People could have a save game straight after a perfect gatecrasher and not even feel bad about it, because they just don't wanna do gatecrasher. Might take out the first mission entirely for GW.

There is a mod that does in vanilla, but I haven't tried it in lw2. I believe it is called quicker start.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

Gyshall posted:

drat, some combination of the 1.1 update, More Cities, and More Nations broke my current game... It thinks West Africa is in the middle of the ocean, so skyranger needed 12 hours to drop between each mission and flying back to base. Yikes.

Gives me a reason to purge my mod list, though. Gonna stick with just cosmetics and LW2

Same issue here.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I have important LW2 info. A successful hack of a drone from concealment does not break concealment. Also, trojan can kill the drone and you still wont lose concealment.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I have a shinobi with low-profile, deep-cover, will to survive, evasive, lone wolf, and sprinter. Basically I can sprint him to any low cover on the map and he will have 80 defense, 150 dodge, and will take 1 less damage if he is hit somehow.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Concussive rocket smoke doesn't benefit the enemy. Don't ask me why though.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I am really enjoying lw2 on veteran and am finding the early to early-mid game pretty easy, fwiw. My advice would be to not avoid skulljack and gremlin2. I am 100% hacking all drones and turrets and getting tons of rewards. it is pretty funny.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but I think the mission alien readiness scale that goes from impregnable to vulnerable relates to patrol tightness around the objective. Vulnerable means aliens will not be patrolling inside the room the objective is located. Normal means there will be a single pod near the objective possibly stationary. The only mission that always seems to have a pod on top of the objective is rescue a VIP from a van.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I think that LW2 should go back to weapon mods being unmovable but make up for it by making weapons mods twice as common to get from killing an enemy. This would remove a level of boring micromanagement, make guns and mods much more of a decision, and make blowing everything up slightly less desirable.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

Not a Step posted:

I think its because they added the 'build weapon mod' proving ground projects, so the player needs to be able to strip weapons to come up with the three of a kind needed to manufacture an upgrade for everyone. Also weapons don't upgrade, so that badass elite scope that dropped on gatecrasher that you slammed into a ballistic sniper is lost forever if you want to use lasers.

They could just gate mass production behind research, drop the inventory requirement, and rebalance from there. Also, I kind of like the idea of having to move that elite scope to an advisor to maybe force some variation on advisor choices, or it might even force you to make choices around what weapons you want to build/use.

- get elite scope
- do I put it on a weapon now and maybe choose to skip the next tier for that weapon?
- do I want to wait for the next tier to be even more godlike when that happens?

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Sword shinobis are fun. They are a pretty good opener against 8 man pods once they get bladestorm. It is possible to kill 3-4 dudes on the opening.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Does anyone know how ranking up affects how good a liaison is at recruiting?

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
One thing I think is missing from the discussion about guerilla ops is how loot is much more likely. If you can spare some time to do combat runs on guerilla ops you will get a lot of loot.

I wonder if it might be possible to make guerilla ops easier missions for more junior squads. In addition you could have loot drops possibly be leads and maybe make leads be less likely as mission rewards. This way you could have a dynamic where you could stealth guerilla missions if you only want the mission reward, but if you go loud you could possibly get 2 mission rewards and level up some junior guys at the same time.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

Zore posted:

Yes they all do.

They can run out of ammo without a Codex bomb, though its rare and I've only ever had Sectoids and Advent do it during an absurd string of misses in the early game.

Most enemies have 2-3 ammo, so a muton that wants to surpress also has a good chance of needing to reload.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Give the technical an smg and move to about 8 tiles away from the lead unit in the pod in the direction the pod has been moving. You should be able to burn a majority of the pod next turn. Also helps if you have spent some time observing the pod's route.

Technical is a great way to get guaranteed damage early and mid game as well and can tank when not doing anything else useful.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Just use gotcha again and you will get icons telling you when you will activate enemies you can already see. It is a lifesaver

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Has anyone had and fixed an issue with robojumper lw2 squad select crashing the game when going to squad select?

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

Apoplexy posted:

Yes. You read the description of the mod. Did you do this? It's the second sentence of the mod description. Out of like 6. You don't have the original mod installed in spite of the thing telling you in multiple places that you need the original mod.

I don't really have much mental capacity left by the time I can play apparently. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

LW2 is good but im 50 hours in and yet to liberate my first region and keep getting retaliation missions with 40+ enemies and I'm getting a little burned out. I know there's so much still to see and get out of it but I dunno if I have the will to keep going

It's definitely better than the base game tho

I believe retaliations require this in a region:
- 4+ rebels working the same job type
- 4+ advent strength

It sounds like you are working jobs in regions with 8+ advent strength maybe? I am not an expert, but try going into hiding in hot regions.