Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

They sure did show off a lot of bugs in today's stream :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm still super hyped, got Friday off and I'm ready to plow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

On time limits: I'll take XCOM's version over a sidescrolling wall of lava

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Really, anybody who's trying to buy it on the cheap needs to use green man. That goes for any new release. I'm not one who usually goes for deluxe edition stuff, but for a game like this and cheaper than the standard $60? Yeah I'm in there

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

JonTerp posted:

Rev up your VPS folks.

drat you're right. That's what, 1 EST for the first zone?

VPN for Fallout was a pain in the rear end, every free solution was getting hammered. And some guy in the thread called us drug addicts for trying to unlock the game early :thumbsup:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Pomp posted:

doesn't steam ban for VPN poo poo now

Not unless something has changed since November. If you try and buy it in a different region to save money that's one thing, but early unlocks are generally agreed to be safe.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I have VPN unlocked almost ever major release recently and I haven't had issues. I don't see why they would give you issues for something you legitimately bought, they don't really give a drat

It would be like suing a store for breaking street date when a game is stolen from the distribution center.

Yeah I've done it a few times and I love it. Why wait any longer than you need to? I didn't expect to be able to unlock that early tomorrow though.

When I get back home today I'm digging up the posts from the 'VPN users are drug addicts' guy. He was precious.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Still working for at least another few hours :qq:

We will be in touch, Commander

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

For people having trouble, maybe try changing store/download regions? Just guesswork here

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Hot Load mentioned 'subtle traps' in the strategy layer on Commander difficulty, and I saw somebody mention that they were specifically running into trouble with this a few pages back. Can anybody elaborate?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

On time limits, I hate em as much as the next guy but they're not so bad in here. Often I've found myself thinking at a certain point in a mission that there's no way I can finish, but then clutched it out on the last possible turn. Same goes for saving civs on retaliation missions, only done a few but I don't think I've saved more than 7. This is much more exhilarating to play than EU/EW, you just never feel safe, and yeah you're probably gonna end up making some questionable moves. But that's okay, fortunately losing missions isn't a complete disaster like it used to be. Or so I've heard...

Now for the faceless, seems a couple times it's activated on the same turn that a pod wanders in, which makes it much harder to deal with. I was under the impression it would only activate when you go to rescue the civ it's disguised as or when all other hostiles are dead, but I guess that's not the case.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Just realized the geoscape ticks a minute for every second you idle there.

:xcom:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Game just gave the one black soldier on my whole roster the nickname Kong.

:xcom:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Tygan does get a hard on over the thought of capturing a faceless though iirc

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I've had pretty good luck with demolition, eliminates that pesky full cover. Also used it earlier to blow up a car and kill a stun lancer after the scramble.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

So while I like the continent bonus to replace and reuse PCS/weapon mods, am I missing something or is there no way to straight remove them? Seems they have to be strictly switched out instead of just taken off which is a pointless pain, kinda hurts the value of the bonus when you have to shuffle the mods around.

While I'm on the subject, these bonuses being randomized is a great change.

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 10, 2016

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

There is no way to reuse them, and the game warns you of that. They can only be replaced.

Not if you have the proper continent bonus, like I said. Problem is I only have 3 PCS, so unless I go buy one at the black market explicitly for swapping purposes, then they're staying on their current soldiers.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Musluk posted:

:v:

I think I finished all the changes I wanted to make for my stupid mod.

Okay now change panicked to triggered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Something that's been troubling me recently... why is there no cyan swatch?