Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just bought the whole Resistance pack thing even though I haven't even gotten far enough in one of my own games to see an Andromedon let alone anything bigger

How badly have I just hosed myself

Also are there any updated guides on which soldier talents are good and which are traps, I'm sure my knowledge of launch XCOM 2 is out of date (and was pretty incomplete anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is there seriously still no "what the gently caress do these (de)buffs actually do" button like F1 was in EU/EW? :mad:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Huh, guess Sectoids had their AI adjusted to not always make zombies, huh

RIP my Ranger on his first mission, I already wanna restart :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

anyone got a good geoscape guide? I remember a post somewhere in this thread that had good advice on how to maximize it e.g. with workshop placement and build order but arseholes if I can actually find it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Nope, they only get the coin toss if they reveal you on their turn. This was done to prevent Beaglerush (:v:) from putting all other soldiers on overwatch and setting one out as bait for 100% free no aim penalty overwatch shots

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I know it was recent but I can't bloody find it, does anyone have a recommended mod list?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is Mission Time Remaining broken for anyone else? I lost a mission entirely yesterday because I didn't see a remaining timer and wanted to finish finding the black market before I went.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So getting loving flashbanged doesn't remove overwatch? Seriously? :mad:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

NTT posted:

This is what combat protocol, explosives, and stocks are for.

It was literally the first mission this campaign and no one had any explosives left. Figured my high-up Sharpshooter could run it with a flash; nope, lost another one on day one (and OCD compels me to immediately restart) :mad:

[in before someone tells me height doesn't confer defense anymore]

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 3, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Brainamp posted:

It never did.

Not even in EU/EW?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well gently caress me running. :saddowns:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is there a way to absolutely tell if a run is going to trigger enemy overwatch, like a UI indicator or something, without "try to run it and reload if he takes a shot (even if he misses)"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maluco Marinero posted:

Overwatch is potentially triggered for every tile of movement, so it's about whether the overwatch can see that tile, which you can check with the LOS preview. Also, a little tidbit a modder found is that cover IS applied when overwatch is calculated, so move along cover if you must run overwatch so you can get another -20 to hit.

Oof, lot of effort. That seems like something a mod should be able to calculate. Wonder if the SDK gives access to the current selected pathing route and all the tiles on it so it can evaluate LOS all along the path.