Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Are the RX8 rotors any different to the previous ones? I know the Renesis sucks balls but that seems to be down to poor lubrication rather than bad rotors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Well yeah cause most 2004 ish rx8 now have blown motors which require $$$$ rebuilds. I can get a whole car for £200 right now.

Unless the rotors get fuckered, of course.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

mekilljoydammit posted:

Rotors are usually fine, minus carbon buildup and worn out seal springs. Actually, I really would like to get a hold of an early RX-8 transmission (for very cheap) too - swap bellhousings with NB miata 6 speed, drop into NA/NB miata. But we'll see. Almost bought a couple more engines worth of internals, but then realized that I don't really have much money this month. Oh well.

I think you need to swap the input shafts as well, and the swap all the gears between transmissions onto each others shafts. I remember reading about the woes of putting a mx5 transmission in a rx8. Also the rx8 6 speed is made of glass.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

mekilljoydammit posted:

130k miles on the RX-8, original engine. Take that haters!

So it's at end-of-life then?