Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

mekilljoydammit posted:

I thought the S2 RX-8 gearbox was a Mazda in-house design and the same as the NC MX-5? We're both talking about the toploading one, right? Either way, problem is it'll be harder to adapt into an NA MX-5, and the RX-8 box solution is kind of an interim until-I-can-afford-a-real-box thing anyway. Though I wonder if there's some other version of the Aisin box I can raid for better forks.

I'm hoping to do better than 9k RPM - a builder over here for a circuit class with similar engine rules but with requirements to use the 6-port irons was making power into the 10s on an extend port (that's what you call "not yet a bridgeport but lots of metal removed" down there, right?) And I'm intending to use a mix of S5 or S6 turbo (whatever the flowbench says works better) and 12A irons plus some carby tricks not allowed in the other class... and I'm all-of-a-sudden thinking I should maybe stockpile a few extra RX-8 boxes.

S2 box was in-house design. I don't remember if they reused it for the NC (I wouldn't be surprised if they did). I don't remember the forks being an issue, I do remember that there is some stupid plastic "bushing" on the end of the shifter inside the box that likes to melt at road racing speeds, which locks you into the current gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU