Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Can I come live with you? I don't eat much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

mekilljoydammit posted:

MOTHER loving YES! It fits and shifts! Cheap 6-speed that bolts to a rotary *and* a Miata PPF! I KNEW IT!
I always kind of suspected but now I have confirmation. Woohoo!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Subaru clutch cylinders piss me the gently caress off. Try removing it from the bellhousing, cracking the bleeder, holding it so the bleeder screw actually goes into the highest point in the loving cylinder (it doesn't when it's installed on the car, thanks Subaru!) and then gravity bleed it by holding it down behind the bellhousing on the passenger side while keeping it at that angle.

Not that it's helped much, my clutch is STILL being fucky, but it's less fucky than it was and I'm starting to think the fuckyness is that it's a garbage MC not that I didn't fully bleed it.

I might be unreasonably angry about this, PROBABLY BECAUSE I'VE GONE THROUGH IT WAY TOO MANY GOD drat TIMES. gently caress YOU SUBARU. This is like a 15 minute task on a jeep and it bleeds right the first drat time, what is so hard?

Never do a Miata slave cylinder because the ensuing meltdown will make Three Mile Island look like a sunday drive.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Have you seen the thread on GRM from fujioko who built his own engine dyno?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/fujioko-builds-a-low-buck-engine-dyno/87005/page1/

He did it so he could consistently test his lean-burn tuning on his B3-swapped Miata. The pump box(?) is from a boat engine builder and tops out at 200HP but the price seems right.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 10, 2017

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

mekilljoydammit posted:

RX-8 issues! I'm DDing an S1 RX-8 while I collect enough round tuits to build the WRX gearbox. It's got something like 135k miles on the original engine, and I think there's corrosion issues somewhere because it's doing this funny thing where the engine dies sometimes (I mean only 2-3 times on the drive in today) if I try to let it go to idle.

I should probably try to fix that instead of just holding a 2k RPM idle, right?

I'm hearing "install launch control"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Happy you got a cooler gig. That looks like fun!