Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Actually the rear brakes will get more of a workout than you expect... because you will be going faster than you expect. I've never seen a slow rotary MX-5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

v4/5 STI five speed if I recall correctly has some fairly strong internals and it's only a few steps from being a RA box so..... yeah that's going to be nooooooo problem at all.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

mekilljoydammit posted:

I think the NC got it first, actually. S2 RX-8 starts in 09, right? The 06 MX-5 my dad and I built for SCCA T4 has one. There's actually an update for the plastic thingy, and an updated shift fork too.

Apropos of nothing, what's up with the RADL thing? </newbie>

A mystery rotary lover likes to find rotary enthusists and gang tag them with Rotary Anti Defamation League.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

If you dont answer Group C then you answered wrong. The answer for bodykits is ALWAYS Group C

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

mekilljoydammit posted:

What strikes me as fun would be to leave one bank as a gas engine, slip the cams / do one way valve on the other and have a self-powered air compressor.

We had one yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago with a VW motor. One bank firing, the other bank compressing. Vibrated like mad but it was pretty goddamn impressive how fast it filled the tank it was attached to.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

loving hell, I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss. Hit me up on Slack if you need anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

*cue overly complicated designs for baby stroller powered by a insane fusion of rotary and EJ20*

Congrats mate and I hope it all continues to go well