Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
If there was a way to get that Van Dieman chassis or Formula Mazda Chassis to Australia I would be asking how much you want!

Not that I need another project....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

If you can find one.... Get the S2 Rx8 gearbox... Much stronger but the gear ratios are not as good. (It's a Getrag from memory...)

Biggest issue on the S1 was breaking shift forks. S2 is going fine sofar :)

But I'm pulling 9k rpm gearchanges... Because 12a rules.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

I would like to know where this plastic bush is on the s2 box!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

kastein posted:

Wait a minute. Aisin built all or some of the boxes we are talking about? Can you get me a decent quality pic looking into the bellhousing? Curious about something.

If it's the same as the Toyota Is200 box or the s15 box? Very likely!

There is 2 variants, the Type used on the MX5/rx8 and the Larger unit used in things like Commodores.

The S2 RX8 IS NOT an Assian gearbox

Correct me if I'm wrong here... (I'm the only person actually using a second generation RX8 box in an RX2... It's a much tighter fit.., and apparently the first Non RX 7 to do it anywhere with the S1 box.)

The S1 box is now a pile of really worn parts !

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 20, 2016

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Yep, bellhousing is integral to the case. That threw me the first time I tried to disassemble it.

There is 2 side bolts (one's the reverse gear shaft mount) you need to remove as well.

Yes... Reverse is in the middle of the gearbox!