Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgD66HYuGas

:gaz::itjb::siren::spidey: IF YOU LIKE DIABLO AND/OR MARVEL STUFF START DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU WILL LIKE THIS GAME. :spidey::siren::itjb::gaz:

Download on Steam HERE!

If you don't want to use steam, get it here.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/umMNk2D.png[/img]

Advance Pack 3 is now available!
It includes the next 7 playable heroes (Green Goblin, Elektra, Nick Fury, Ultron, Angela, Black Bolt, and one TBA) and their launch alt costumes, as well as four new team-ups (Miles Morales Spider-Man, Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel, and two TBA), the Iron Spider Enhanced costume for Spider-Man, and some other rad stuff.

What is this game and why should I play it?

Marvel Heroes is an ARPG with an MMO style multiplayer focus, set in the Marvel universe. It pulls content from Marvel's entire range of characters (including X-Men and Fantastic Four, which other games aren't allowed to use anymore) and has tons of content. The game is Free To Play and it's one of the few titles where that's really true: no content is ever paywalled, all characters can be earned for free, and power is never sold to the player. The only thing you'll need to spend cash on is costumes or storage space.

The gameplay feels really good, in part thanks to Diablo 1/2 creator David Brevik's initial guiding hand, and in part due to him getting promoted out of development and other folks refining the game to be actually good after he set down the basic ruleset. It's improved constantly since launch in 2013, and now has well over 50 playable characters with plenty more on the way.

In short: It's fun, it has cool characters, it's multiplayer, and there's a lot of stuff to do. And it's free.

How do I get started?

The game wants you to choose a 'starting' hero. You're not locked into this choice. Pick anyone from that list, and then once you're properly in-game, you can try out any character in the game until lv10 for free. Once you find someone you like, you can fully unlock your first hero for free. On the second day of playing the game, you'll be given some currency (called Eternity Splinters) you can use to buy one or two more heroes for free. So you get anyone you want to start, and you'll already start building your roster pretty quickly.

So try out anyone you think seems cool, and unlock someone you think you'll enjoy.

After your free heroes, you need Eternity Splinters to unlock further ones. You get these as drops from anywhere in the game, at a rate of one drop every five to eight minutes or so. A single 'drop' can range between one to ten Eternity Splinters, and sometimes even higher, so it's not too annoying to do. Since it happens while you do basically anything in the game, you never have to go do boring stuff to grind currency. You'll always be getting more.

These characters have been regarded as good starting points for a while now, so here's a quick rundown if you'd like some recommendations:

- Captain America is an acrobatic melee fighter with fun ranged shield-throw powers.
- Scarlet Witch has cool looking magic abilities and tons of area and damage-over-time powers, as well as a teleport.
- Juggernaut is a very tanky melee hero with a unique Momentum mechanic that keeps you moving constantly.
- Hulk doesn't manage 'Spirit'(aka mana, endurance, whatever) like other heroes, he just smashes things. Keeps it simple, and fun.
- Cyclops is a fun ranged character with some call-in attacks where other X-Men assist you.
- Punisher has lots and lots of guns, a flamethrower, a tactical nuke, etc. Ranged guy. Good times.
- Iron Man is one of the more versatile heroes in the game, with lasers, missiles, melee attacks, and lots of viable builds.

The full roster is in the second post of this thread, if you want to see who else the game has.

What are Team-Ups?

A Team-Up is a customizable AI partner who fights alongside you and has their own gear and skills. There's stuff like this in other ARPGs so you might be able to guess how they work. Team-Ups are a separate, secondary roster available to you on any hero. You can use any level hero with any level team-up, and they're never locked together, so if you want you can use the same team-up on every character you own. Or you can give everyone a different one.

While Team-Up characters can be set to a 'passive' mode where they're not summoned and you gain stat bonuses instead, it's recommended that you keep them in their 'always around' mode, called Active, where they can do the most damage and even tank for you a bit to increase survivability.

You get a free generic SHIELD Agent team-up from playing through the story so make sure you pick him up. There are some cool team-up heroes though, so don't be afraid to pick up some extra ones. You can buy them with Eternity Splinters just like you do new heroes.

Where do I go? What do I do?

First of all, play the entire story. You need to do this at least once, and odds are you're going to be at least running portions of it on every character to get bonus power points and other permanent stat increases. But it's very important to beat the full story mode at least once to unlock all the waypoints and things like your free team-up. The story is designed to take you from lv1 to lv60, so you'll be ready for some endgame stuff once you're done.

After beating the story you can:

- Raid: Yes, that's right, this game has raiding. Groups of 10 players work together to beat a series of bosses and get fancy loot. Joining the Supergroup will help you do successful raids more than just jumping into pubbie ones, but even a bunch of undergeared idiots should be able to handle the first entry-level raid without much trouble.

- Group Challenges: There's a bunch of different ones of these things now, but they basically are all built around 5 person groups(except for Holosim, which is for 2 players max) tackling a challenge together for a big pile of rewards at the end.

- Patrol Zones: Run around a big open zone with infinitely spawning enemies and regularly spawning boss waves. Team up with people or don't. Either way it's pretty fun. There are 'Cosmic' versions of these targeted at well-geared max level players that offer a good challenge and better loot.

- PvP: hahaha just kidding dont pvp its awful

Playing With Goons

In-game our supergroup is named Groot Force. Unless it's named something else as a joke or whatever.

Groot Force tries to be a friendly place for everyone, so if you're used to spouting crazy racist stuff or whatever just try to reel it in and be a respectable member of society for a while so people can play their superhero game without feeling uncomfortable.

To join the supergroup, contact us in this Discord channel (you don't need a mic, text is fine) or send a message to someone in the guild in-game.

To invite you, you and the person inviting you need to be online at the same time. So while asking for invites in the thread works sometimes, it's not reliable and I'd really encourage you to ask either via Discord or in-game instead.

Groot Force Officer List:

KelpPlankton
Davebo
Arboc
ICR
Jubelio
Jusupov
LadyElevator
Lozareth
Lvxx
NotALizardman
Preliquary
aarontagg
deathplague
gibcount
moderndayknight
pokchu
skrybbles
soothingvapors
afraidofaudio

Groot Force uses Discord for voice chat and out-of-game text chat

If you'd like to join us, just click here and hang out with people.

Please download the full Discord client, the web app is limited and kind of buggy.

You will have access to the 'MHchat' and 'MHinvites' text chat channels as well as the topmost voice chat channel(name changes frequently) until someone can approve you for full access, so there's no waiting for chat privledges... just waiting for full chat privileges. It's an anti-spam measure basically. If you want to use voice chat, set up Push To Talk in your settings. If you do not you will be automatically muted until you do.

There's also an IRC channel, #marvelheroes on synIRC. I don't personally use it but I guess some people still do.

F.A.Q.

Q: How do I get gear I can use if there's over 50 different classes?

A: Gear is weighted towards your current character. 90% of what you find is going to be for you, 10% or less is going to be for other characters.

Q: Where are the builds? I need guidance in all aspects of my life.

A: There are over 50 characters in the game and they all basically change every patch so I don't keep builds updated in the OP. Ask in the thread and someone will give you something up to date for whoever you're interested in. The 'best' builds change often enough that people don't mind discussing the same heroes frequently.

Q: How often does this game update?

A: In the past we were seeing patches on a weekly basis and heroes added monthly. This has slowed down a bit as they're trying to focus on quality over quantity, and add more content rather than just more characters. At bare minimum, there will be at least one patch a month containing something. If nothing else they're still adding new costumes very frequently.

Q: What's the cash-to-cash-shop currency conversion?

A: $1 USD = 100G. Pretty simple. So if something costs 900G, then it basically costs $9. However, you get more Gs if you buy larger bundles, and there are occasional discounted G sales, so you can get them for less than the 'standard' rate pretty often.

Q: My inventory is small and I don't want to run around so much. How can I teleport back to the hub for free whenever I want?

A: By default, the B key is your 'Bodyslide' button, which teleports you back to town for selling items or whatever. Pressing this key a second time, while in town, will teleport you back to the exact spot you left, so you never have to lose progress or run through content again if you don't want to. This has a cooldown on it of a few minutes, but you won't really notice it.

Q: Is there trading, auction houses, etc?

A: There's trading, with a big ol' trade economy to go with it. But there are no auction houses and there will probably never be any.

tl;dr:

Marvel Heroes is cool, go play it, cosmic today

:gaz:

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Roster

There are over 50 playable heroes in this game and they all do different things, so here's a one-sentence summary of each hero.

- Ant-Man: Melee hero who changes size and summons ants to fight things.
- Black Cat: Traps, stealth, bad luck, and claws.
- Black Panther: Melee hero with stealth, daggers, traps, and claws.
- Black Widow: Stealthy hero with both melee and ranged combat options and high-tech gadgets.
- Blade: Uses his katana, guns, and vampire-hunting weapons despite there being no vampires to hunt in this game.
- Cable: Has a mixture of psionic abilities and futuristic weaponry, and Hyper Viper Beam.
- Captain America: Mostly melee hero with his shield-throwing ranged powers thrown in for fun and profit.
- Captain Marvel: She's got energy blasts and punching.
- Colossus: Sturdy melee hero who won't shut up about his steel skin.
- Cyclops: Ranged laser-face man with some X-Men summon/assist powers.
- Daredevil: Melee hero who hits stuff with sticks and flips out all the time.
- Deadpool: Guns and swords and wacky poo poo, he's what you'd expect him to be.
- Doctor Doom: Uses magic, technology, and an army of robots to take over and/or save the world.
- Doctor Strange: Uses magic, magic, and an army of astral himselves to mostly just save the world.
- Emma Frost: Psionic ranged powers, diamond skin melee powers, and can 'enslave' any non-boss enemy as a pet.
- Gambit: Throws exploding cards and hits things with a stick, won't shut up about gumbo.
- Ghost Rider: Chains and hellfire and hitting things with your motorcycle.
- Hawkeye: Shoots arrows.
- Hulk: Has 'Anger' instead of Spirit, which only builds and is never spent on anything.
- Human Torch: Ranged hero who sets people on fire and laughs at it.
- Iceman: Can be ranged, melee, or pet-focused, or any of those combined at once.
- Invisible Woman: Ranged hero who turns invisible and has a lot of defensive support stuff.
- Iron Man: Basically can do anything, ranged or melee or hybrid or whatever.
- Iron Fist: Kung-fu magic man with stance-dancing
- Jean Grey/Phoenix: Jean deals Mental damage, Phoenix deals Energy damage, you can swap between the forms at will.
- Juggernaut: Has 'Momentum' instead of spirit, which you build by moving and spend on hard-hitting elbow drops.
- Kitty Pryde (with Lockheed): If you thought Kitty Pryde would be a bad character to add to a game focused on combat, you were right.
- Loki: Magic and ice stuff and illusions, Loki is cool and can teleport.
- Luke Cage: Melee guy with a combo system and some Heroes For Hire summons
- Magik: summons demons, hits stuff with a sword, is a stupid character
- Magneto: Lots of area powers and damage-over-time stuff, can collect and spend 'Debris' with some powers.
- Moon Knight: Whatever you'd expect Batman to do in a game he does it.
- Mr. Fantastic: Melee hero who punches so far he's actually ranged.
- Nightcrawler: Teleports a lot and stabs people with swords.
- Nova: Rollin around at the speed of sound, got places to go gonna follow my rainbow
- Psylocke: Psychic ninja with psychic swords and stuff
- Punisher: Guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns and a van
- Rocket Raccoon(with Groot): Space guns and tree friend
- Rogue: Seriously complicated, can steal tons of powers from any hero, team-up, and boss in the game and be built a billion different ways.
- Scarlet Witch: Cool looking powers with lots of area and damage-over-time stuff
- She-Hulk: Smashes things with lawyer references, has a combo system
- Silver Surfer: flies around shooting lasers and won't shut up about the fragile beauty of humanity
- Spider-Man: Is he strong? Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood
- Star-Lord: Space guns and other space guns and also a space ship
- Storm: Commands the power of the elements, won't shut up about commanding the power of the elements
- Squirrel Girl: eats nuts, kicks butts, summons squirrels
- Taskmaster: Has powers from Captain America, Hawkeye, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and more, as well as some of his own
- Thing: made of rock, throws food carts, won't shut up about yancy street
- Thor: Hammers people and electrocutes people, what you would expect from Thor
- Venom: Melee attacks and ranged webbing and symbiote stuff, won't shut up about symbiotes
- Vision: can swap between Dense and Phased stances which change a lot of his powers
- War Machine: like punisher and iron man had a baby
- Winter Soldier: like black widow and punisher had a baby
- Wolverine: claws people, regenerates, goes berserk
- X-23: like wolverine and wolverine had a baby

WHERE ARE THE BUILDS? HOLY poo poo I WONT STOP ASKING ABOUT BUILDS

:siren:ASK IN THE THREAD THEY CHANGE CONSTANTLY:siren:

What are all the costumes?

There are so many costumes I can't even list them. Iron Man alone has over 20.

The important costumes are the Enhanced costumes, which change a character's animations and voicework to either be a different version of that character, or a different character entirely. Examples include Spider-Gwen and Superior Spider-Man for Spider-Man, Beta Ray Bill and Jane Foster for Thor, Pirate Deadpool and Cowboy Deadpool and Girl Deadpool for Deadpool, Wiccan for Scarlet Witch, and the list honestly goes on and on.

The best way to see available costumes is to check out the in-game store. And only buy costumes if they're either discounted or part of a BOGO sale, never pay full price unless you need it RIGHT NOW

What Team-Ups are available?

Here's the list for that:

- SHIELD Agent
- Hydra Agent
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man (Black Suit)
- Falcon (Captain America: Winter Soldier version)
- Captain America (Sam Wilson)
- Firestar
- Firestar (Classic)
- Magik
- Magik (Phoenix Five)
- Domino
- Gamora
- Drax
- Groot
- Groot (Christmas tree)
- Groot (GotG Movie)
- She-Hulk
- Beta Ray Bill
- Old Man Thor
- Wasp
- Havok
- Spider-Woman
- Arachne
- Clea
- Deadpool 'The Kid' (cowboy)
- Deadpool (pirate)
- Quicksilver
- Agent Coulson
- Doctor Doom (Future Foundation)
- Doctor Doom (Classic)
- Wolverine (X-Force)
- Wolverine (Brood Infested)
- Wolverine (Danger Room hologram)
- Punisher (Frankencastle)
- Angel (classic)
- Carnage
- Spider-Gwen
- Sunspot
- Agent Venom

You can basically use whoever you want with whoever you want and do really well.

And here's the longest in-game receipt you'll ever see

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 2, 2016

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

first

*snip*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Atwes Sucks

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
what a day to be alive

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 29, 2016

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

never cosmic

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

hello i am posting about this game that I've played too much

edit: i bought the new tomb raider game today so I hope I remember to do my shocker run sometime

maybe add a link to http://marvelheroes.info/

phosdex fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 29, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Courtesy JeditOjanen, noted yellow connoisseur.

:ducksiren: Updated Build Guide for Min/Max All Characters :ducksiren:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tVzYki48Hj9AyHERh4Dk6G86EYH8KwQh5-AiR1KuqUo/edit?usp=sharing

Codes for New Players. ENTER THESE IF YOU ARE NEW
http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

Adjusting Camera
custom view range:

go to %userprofile%\My Games\Marvel Heroes\MarvelGame\Config
open MarvelEngineUserSettings.ini
scroll to bottom of [SystemSettings] block, look for CustomCameraDistanceEnable variable and set it to True
beneath it may or may not be CustomCameraDistance variable (depending on if you used the option in game), set its value to whatever you want, I like 3000. If the variable isn't there add it in.
save the file, set it to read-only so mh/steam doesn't change it when patching

target lock on for kb/m:

go to %userprofile%\My Games\Marvel Heroes\MarvelGame\Config
open MarvelInputUserSettings.ini
scroll to the very bottom (binds loaded in order so any binds at the bottom will overwrite previous binds to the same key)
decide on what key you want to use, this command can be easily multipurposed so I attach it to my show items key (spacebar in my case)
the command to bind is TargetLockOnPressed
mine looks like
code:

.Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="RevealInteractiblesPressed | TargetLockOnPressed | OnRelease RevealInteractiblesReleased")
to lock on, mouseover a target and press the button, to unlock just mouse over empty ground and press again, most non-movement skills will automatically aim at the locked on target before firing
[/quote]

Lord Yellowmans Worthy Sacrifices

Ant-Man - 5 (ShinyNickel, snorrence, Lozareth, ICR, Atwes, nostrata, JeditOjanen, Kainserin)
Black Cat - 2 (SaintFreak, ICR, Kainserin, Lozareth)
Black Panther - 7 (Buhbuhj, DiferroBiga, ICR, Lvxx, toafarmer, qqqqqqqqqqqq, hvac, punchymcpunch, Lozareth, Arboc, Beetlejuicey, Kainserin)
Black Widow - 11 (FSJC, Lozareth, EnigmaticCakelord, soothingvapors, toafarmer, Kenby, ICR, iod, crowbb, Atwes, hvac, awgibson, KarrdeThunn, kiffkin, worgut, postmodifier, Arboc, crowbb, Kainserin)
Blade - 2 (ICR, claptrapbeatboxtime, Kainserin, Lozareth, Fneeb)
Cable - 10 (Rugio, Lvxx, Rockbear, Lozareth, DegsBoop, Distelt, deathplaque, BadPostHunter, ICR, Vijj, tehbroseph, Mckeone, nwfff, davebo, Kainserin)
Captain America - 29 (Viller, Diabetic, TinyElvis, crowbb, Digitalpants, Atwes, Voon, Frankthebank, IGROWWEARYOFTHISWORLD, Lobsterman, Vasudus, Kheldarn, Audish, chifocus, Distelt, Bearforce, Tremain, Kainserin, kiffkin, toafarmer, Halmann, MoratGK, Lozareth, ICR, Beetlejuicey, hvac, gordbuster, derspatchel, Lorrad, sirotocusii, clgibcount, Lizola, heyitsshino, Mckeone)
Colossus - 4 (SirBloody, davebo, Tether, ICR, Bearforce, Lozareth, Frankthebank, Kallisphere, Arboc, Kainserin)
Cyclops - 10 (Bladeleader, stupidsexyflanders, Lozareth, ICR, davebo, derspatchel, BRUCEWAYANS, swaggerwocky, cedricthecat, Atwes, hvac, joshrabinowitz, Nulos, Kainserin)
Daredevil - 4 (bizmarkiedesade, Mediva, ICR, Servoret, punchymcpunch, Lozareth, hvac, Spudsly, Kainserin, Atwes, DegsBoop)
Deadpool - 5 (davebo, ICR, Lvxx, rayjin, deathplaque, oxidized, Tremain, Lozareth, Mckeone, skrybbles, Kainserin)
Dr. Doom - 10 (deathplaque, clgibcount, ICR, Kainserin, crowbb, snorrence, iod, Atwes, Pierson, Greywords, Frankthebank, sirotocusii, rayjin, Omnicron, Pierson, abigfatbunny, Nechronic, Vasudus, Lozareth, Tremain, PaybackJack, heyitsshino, JeditOjanen, Mikemo, smork)
Dr. Strange - 5 (Lozareth, cised, deathplaque, Bladeleader, Kainserin, punchymcpunch, hvac, ICR, Atwes, Nechronic, Suikomaru, oxidized, iod, skrybbles, soothingvapors)
Emma - 5 (penguinsin, deathplaque, Punchymcpunch, SaintFreak, Sgbyou, Kainserin, GrandPiano, ICR, Lozareth)
Gambit - 10 (Frukthero, Kheldarn, trem, daia, Atwes, Joruk, Jherick, Frankthebank, Greywords, kiffkin, ICR, Lozareth, SoSKumbo, Kainserin)
Ghost Rider - 12 (Lozareth, Kowak, soothingvapors, slombo, Atwes, Frankthebank, swaggerwocky, Distelt, ArdyBacardi, snorrence, DiferroBiga, Sdoots, Mingooo, ICR, Kainserin)
Green Goblin - 1 (ICR, GrandPiano)
Hawkeye - 13 (ICR, soothingvapors, Greywords, NotALizardman, McKeone, Kallisphere, abigfatbunny, Jusupov, hvac, punchymcpunch, Atwes, ramadu, SaintFreak, SoSKumbo, Lozareth, Suikomaru, Kainserin)
Hulk - 16 (clgibcount, robotsinmyhead, Frankthebank, Lozareth, Atwes, Vasudus, ICR, Discorduroy, Digitalpants, Beetlejuicey, MrWhale, Servoret, Jherick, Zerric, Kheldarn, hvac, crowbb, TheBamba, Kainserin, VictisArbiter)
Human Torch - 5 (Lozareth, Hogama, ICR, pokchu, Servoret, Mckeone, punchymcpunch, Kainserin)
Iceman - 13 (SoSKumbo, ICR, Lozareth, dialectics, Ajjax, BRUCEWAYANS, Spudsly, ArdyBacardi, RatchetyCBolt, Ikken, Greywords, Hogama, Atwes, WhiteHowlerSA, davebo, Kainserin)
Invisible Mom - 10 (aarontagg, soothingvapors, deathplaque, Sgbyou, Ikken, rayjin, Buttes, Kainserin, Hogama, Valharok, Slambasket, Lozareth, ICR, awgibson)
Iron Fist - 2 (Greywords, ICR, hvac, Mckeone, AlphaVain, Kainserin, Lozareth, DegsBoop)
Ironing Man - 17 (KaizerPrime, ateatree, davebo, Ougher, Spevling, Bladeleader, hvac, BasilBrush, Pierson, crowbb, Atwes, clgibcount, BlackdogSA, deathplaque, ICR, heyitsshino, chifocus, Beetlejuicey, blarvin, Lozareth, CrapNamingSystem, Kainserin, jujojoh)
Jean Grey - 8 (oxidized, KarrdeThuun, MrWhale, Sgbyou, STONEDIX, Lozareth, deathplaque, ICR, McKeone, aarontagg, JeditOjanen, SoSKumbo, Kainserin)
Juggernaut - 22 (mustachevillainy, clgibcount, bearforce, BashIronfist, Ougher, Atwes, Frankthebank, swaggerwocky, TLister, Bladeleader, VictisArbiter, heyitsshino, Kainserin, Preliquary, rayjin, blarvin, Joruk, Abigfatbunny, MoratGK, McKeone, Jherick, Jusupov, Tremain, Lozareth, ICR, Beetlejuicey, grumblington)
Kitty Pryde - 5 (Greywords, ICR, Kainserin, JeditOjanen, Lozareth, SaintFreak)
Loki - 7 (byzantiumfrost, GreyjoyBastard, Lozareth, blarvin, SoSKumbo, deathplaque, Krenlash, ICR, BRUCEWAYANS, hvac, Arboc, Greywords, Kainserin, kcolor)
Luke Cage - 5 (ICR, nickhimself, Touzo, Zwickel, qqqqqqqqqqqq, Lozareth, Jusupov, Grunchy, hvac, Kainserin, gibcount, DegsBoop, jujojoh)
Magento - 8 (ReConquer, hvac, swaggerwocky, Lozareth, punchymcpunch, Kainserin, Atwes, ICR, Beetlejuicey, abigfatbunny)
Magik - 2 (deathplaque, Greywords, soothingvapors, Kainserin, iod, RadOther, SacramentoSquid, SaintFreak, ICR, punchymcpunch, skrybbles, BRUCEWAYANS, SpecialKarl, Lozareth)
Moon Knight - 8 (Tengama, Joruk, Ogreface, Mortizzle, Elucidarius, ICR, Frankthebank, Atwes, abigfatbunny, Lozareth, abigfatbunny, Kainserin)
Mr. Fantastic - 4 (MrWhale, Lozareth, ICR, punchymcpunch, Zoik, Hogama, Kainserin)
Ms. Marvel - 6 (Quoc, Audish, arborday, sgbyou, SironeC, ICR, crowbb, CheshireCats, Bankok, Atwes, Lozareth, smork, SaintFreak, deathplaque, postmodifier, Kainserin)
Nightcrawler - 4 (Shabaladoo, ICR, DegsBoop, davebo, brainflakes, sirotocusii, Lozareth, Mckeone, Kainserin)
Nova - 6 (crowbb, ICR, KLKBot, BradCritt, Lozareth, noonsa, Atwes, Somatic, Kainserin)
Psylocke - 9 (Eskiee, ICR, zaboron, Atwes, Hemithea, Kheldarn, Spevling, ArdyBacardi, ramadu, Tremain, Kainserin, Atwes, Ikken, DegsBoop, Lozareth)
Punisher - 17 (Kryopsis, Distelt, Kowak, Billydeeforlyf, RaikouKonichiwabitchesX, ICR, soothingvapors, clgibcount, MrWhale, Nechronic, Jherick, Atwes, Frankthebank, BashIronfist, Kainserin, DiferroBiga, Servoret, SoSKumbo, crowbb, Lozareth, blarvin, brainflakes, DegsBoop, JeditOjanen)
Rocket Raccoon - 7 (Digitalpants, Lozareth, Kallisphere, JeditOjanen, Greywords, Somatic, DegsBoop, ICR, Grandio, hvac, Arboc, nostrata, grumblington, crowbb, nostrata, oxidized, Kainserin)
Rouge - 11 (soothingvapors, deathplague, Burgthock, TheBamba, camsteh, PaybackJack, smork, Spevling, Bixxby, Kainserin, Atwes, ICR, Lozareth, punchymcpunch, davebo, SoSKumbo)
Scarlet Witch - 17 (Buttes, RedHeaded, deathplague, Phyresis, Beetlejuicey, skrybbles, Twaffo, Lvxx, Arboc, ICR, Kainserin, sgbyou, Valharok, Atwes, RatchetyCBolt, hvac, Tremain, Frankthebank, JeditOjanen, soothingvapors, Lozareth, aarontagg, docmagnificent, Burgthock, Jusupov, Mckeone, kiffkin, brainflakes, smork)
She-Hulk - 7 (SaintFreak, Atwes, ICR, MoratGK, soothingvapors, punchymcpunch, mayostard, CrapNamingSystem, Kainserin, Lozareth, snorrence)
Silver Surfer - 26 (Ajjax, clgibcount, KarrdeThuun, Lozareth, Frankthebank, Lvxx, Kordusain, Atwes, Spevling, Rugio, Zerric, swaggerwocky, Servoret, brainflakes, ICR, Bladeleader, MoratGK, heyitsshino, Beetlejuicey, abigfatbunny, Snoozeday, Jusupov, punchymcpunch, McKeone, Somatic, Tremain, MrWhale, Ramadu, SoSKumbo, Kainserin)
Spider-Man - 9 (GrandPiano, Kheldarn, ICR, Neverislife, hvac, Frankthebank, Punchymcpunch, Greywords, Kainserin, Atwes, Lozareth, Billydeeforlyf, Lorrad, SaintFreak, skrybbles, AlphaVain, Buhbuhj, aarontagg, solargarlic)
Squirrel Girl - 10 (Atwes, Spudsly, BurningHammer, RedHeaded, Mckeone, chifocus, ICR, Beetlejuicey, spacefuneral, KelpPlankton, ponzicar, soothingvapors, Lozareth, mutantmanifesto, Krenlash, Kainserin)
Star-Lord - 12 (Elucidarius, ProtonDecay, Rugio, chelatek, nostrata, PyronicEX, Beetlejuicey, ICR, Atwes, Somatic, hvac, Suikomaru, Tremain, Lozareth, MrWhale, Kainserin, ipjones)
Storm - 6 (Travelbywar, DiferroBiga, Digitalpants, Audish, Atwes, ICR, Bearforce, qtwelve, Kainserin, Lozareth, Mckeone, Pretzlcoatl)
Taskmaster - 5 (heyitsshino, abigfatbunny, deathplague, Lozareth, Greywords, ICR, Atwes, SaintFreak, gibcount, Kainserin)
Thing - 6 (crowbb, Hogama, Distelt, ICR, Lvxx, Frankthebank, BRUCEWAYANS, Lozareth, Jusupov, Grunchy, Kainserin)
Thor - 16 (bearforce, Lozareth, Buhbuhj, Onysus, Atwes, Beetlejuicey, CrapNamingSystem, Flanker, Somatic, crowbb, hvac, aarontagg, Joruk, Ajjax, Tremain, ICR, Rebound, clgibcount, deathplaque, Kainserin)
Venom - 11 (Greywords, swaggerwocky, clgibcount, Spevling, oxidized, Mokhu, Atwes, Rugio, Mikemo, abigfatbunny, ICR, Lozareth, Kainserin)
Vision - 11 (clgibcount, deathplaque, Lvxx, Lozareth, soothingvapors, snorrence, Frankthebank, ICR, iod, hvac, Atwes, Tremain, Jusupov, Nulos, Kainserin)
War Machine - 6 (Frankthebank, hvac, Eskiee, ICR, Lozareth, Jusupov, Nechronic, ShinyNickel, Kainserin)
Winter Soldier - 4 (ICR, nostrata, noonsa, Arboc, Lozareth, Kainserin)
Wolferine - 7 (davebo, ICR, Neverislife, Rehlor, anotherbo, hvac, HebrewMagic, Atwes, Lozareth, Kainserin)
X-23 - 9 (Furiously, Distelt, ICR, Lozareth, GrandPiano, soothingvapors, Eskiee, Atwes, Buhbuhj, kiffkin, Kainserin, SaintFreak)

Super 88 Results
Here's the spreadsheets with results/videos from the last contest, for people who weren't around for it or those who want to relive their crushing defeats:

round 1 sinister: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/thCOC9il-QA5Dm6CaqMyQTg/htmlview?pli=1
round 1.5 kurse: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWoleBDLdKft5XXwghYvUexaL699KfQHGMZl4VihBOw/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
round 2 juggernaut: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LUBURnMvmVP5yRBzk_eQTxaXo5nwv88LaQDoA3DM_1s/edit?copiedFromTrash#gid=0
round 3 bronx zoo (KRAVENGATE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O47UvBVBCZxnFZZCBPVAmKnDg_hFd6gKq-22Yuqwtw0/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
round 4 mandarin: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vd8cAiY-YVHnbbvqYu18wPQo3EBtipFjmR5ZWqWFwEw/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
round 5 green muspelheim sentries: didn't find a google doc on it, so
MrPeabody (Moon King) vs Preliquary (Spoderman) -- 1:57 vs 2:13
Peabody: http://youtu.be/5vB3TKtawQk
Prel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8e3JRe5wVs
Lozareth (Loki) vs Skrybbles (Scarlet Waifu) -- 2:05 vs 1:53
Loza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wEumIKGL0Q
Skrybbles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLAgVkDORI8

round 6 doom: also no doc
Skrybbles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOar_wP3zM 3:53
MrPeabody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_BxuWcUBY 3:12

ICR fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 27, 2016

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Hello new players, make sure to cosmic today!

(this game is pretty ok, the thread is just filled with bitter people with 2k+ hours played and an equal amount of money spent)

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Ground floor (for once). Can't wait to force march Black Cat to 60. Gonna hammer out a fantastic 10 minute cosmic Shocker run.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
You didn't summarize Magik in the OP Kelp you fraud

e; also Iron Fist.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2fkX5-1J3I

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want to reiterate while we're on page 1: this is basically the only Marvel game allowed to use X-Men, Mutants or Fantastic Four related characters anymore

the only other one doing it is Contest of Champions, a mobile-only fighting game that's not very good. so basically if you want to have Wolverine and Captain America in the same game this is your only option these days

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/antibullyranger/status/464372274133749761

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
This is the only game where you can play your mutant waifus (and invisible woman, but please don't play sue) so get in! :gaz:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kainser posted:

You didn't summarize Magik in the OP Kelp you fraud

e; also Iron Fist.

i figured with a roster of more than 50 characters i'd forget a few somewhere in there. i think that's everyone now?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Playing as Juggernaut...you can't beat it. You're essentially delivering a series of brutal elbow drops onto the weak, waiting throats of brainwashed hydra conscripts and out of place fire dragons for hours at a time

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kate Bishop is the best Hawkeye ever.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kainser posted:

please don't play sue

you motherfcyuer

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Grinning Goblin posted:

Kate Bishop is the best Hawkeye ever.

https://twitter.com/antibullyranger/status/522059377105469442

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Lesser men can be summed up as "agile energy knife based melee" or "summon based range magic. When you play as juggs, you are essentially the Rock circa 1999 People's Champion era, delivering an endless string of bone breaking lariats and doing wind sprints around all the people who made worse choices

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
https://twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/status/692840682419986433

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

more importantly

https://twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/status/692837762668457987

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Mr. Fantastic is the best character

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Folks, he's unstoppable.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mr. Maggy posted:

Mr. Fantastic is the best character

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

phosdex posted:

hello i am posting about this game that I've played too much

edit: i bought the new tomb raider game today so I hope I remember to do my shocker run sometime

do it for herman

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Play this game if you like clicking things.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I do like that Jean Grey gets a whole bunch of remade costumes. Gaz knows which side their bread is buttered. also:

the nerfed cleavage. . . the oforums were right

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Gaz is dead, long live Mr. Netmarbu

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kainser posted:

I do like that Jean Grey gets a whole bunch of remade costumes. Gaz knows which side their bread is buttered. also:

the nerfed cleavage. . . the oforums were right
My gun is a 80s cell phone with a trigger glued on

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I hope 90s cyclops never gets a visual update and instead they downgrade the textures a bit but cel-shade the whole thing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
So patch tomorrow?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone give me impressions on the following

deadpool
dr strange
punisher

Adbot