Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I think any theory proved by davebo says more about him than the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ok so how do they events that start tomorrow work? Outside of leveling in lcp, I am not really sure what I am supposed to do for the events.

Edit because I am really to high to be posting.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

xyigx posted:

Ok so how do they events that start tomorrow work? Outside of leveling in lcp, I am not really sure what I am supposed to do for the events.

Edit because I am really to high to be posting.

Just follow the in-game instructions. They tend to be very well crafted and *highly* transparent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

- Cosmic Chaos
This is halved experience penalty for cosmic prestige so cosmic today never cosmic. The event currency Cosmic Worldstone will drop anywhere. Bosses will drop Worldstone chests that are a pain in the rear end because they just hold cosmic items and a worldstone but have a cooldown for some reason. Most importantly, all Cosmic terminal/patrol bosses have double loot.

- Wealth of King's County Returns - This time, the Maggia have stolen CAKE SLICES!
All bosses in ICP will drop cakes. 3 slices on cosmic difficulty. (maybe 6 with the doubled loot??) Industry City Fortune Cards are also available as random drops. Usually this also has a wave tournament attached to it, but no idea if that's replaced by or running alongside the Anniversary Tournament.

- Brood Invasion Danger Room Tournament
There will be a Brood Invasion chip that you can buy in the Danger Room - it's a set group of affixes/suffixes for everyone, and you run it the best you can and hope for a placement prize basically. You can try it as much as you want, but considering how much loot is going to be spilling out everywhere else in the game I doubt it will be worth a large investment, depending on the rewards.

- New Anniversary Tournament
Same as above but it'll be just rack up points doing things in game and whoever gets the most points gets the best prize.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

- Cosmic Chaos
This is halved experience penalty for cosmic prestige so cosmic today never cosmic. The event currency Cosmic Worldstone will drop anywhere. Bosses will drop Worldstone chests that are a pain in the rear end because they just hold cosmic items and a worldstone but have a cooldown for some reason. Most importantly, all Cosmic terminal/patrol bosses have double loot.

- Wealth of King's County Returns - This time, the Maggia have stolen CAKE SLICES!
All bosses in ICP will drop cakes. 3 slices on cosmic difficulty. (maybe 6 with the doubled loot??) Industry City Fortune Cards are also available as random drops. Usually this also has a wave tournament attached to it, but no idea if that's replaced by or running alongside the Anniversary Tournament.

- Brood Invasion Danger Room Tournament
There will be a Brood Invasion chip that you can buy in the Danger Room - it's a set group of affixes/suffixes for everyone, and you run it the best you can and hope for a placement prize basically. You can try it as much as you want, but considering how much loot is going to be spilling out everywhere else in the game I doubt it will be worth a large investment, depending on the rewards.

- New Anniversary Tournament
Same as above but it'll be just rack up points doing things in game and whoever gets the most points gets the best prize.

Sweet thank you. Hmm I do hope cake will drop at least as fast as this week. I still have one more tu to buy before I start grabbing as many 3 year cakes as I can for the free artifacts.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The most important thing about the Danger Room tournaments is, if they're at all like last time all you need to do is run them once poorly and get more DR Merits (the currency for that mode) than you'd get from a weekend of playing it.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

go to cosmic industry city and get like 200 cake slices an hour

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Haha, can't wait to get home now!! I'm using this month to celebrate my 40th bday instead of next. I'm getting so much loot in game that I've been spoiled and my real birthday might end up a disappointment (not really).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What a bad time for the marvel hero bot to be broken. How many cake slices = a cake? 365?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, it's one slice a day. And there's about 425 days in 2016.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Make this man a white list

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
ICR, I got DUKE NUKEM COSTUME from whaling on shield cards today.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

HoldMyOwn posted:

Its wesker you idiot

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:cosmic2day:

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Haha, can't wait to get home now!! I'm using this month to celebrate my 40th bday instead of next. I'm getting so much loot in game that I've been spoiled and my real birthday might end up a disappointment (not really).

You know that superdoombot is one of us right

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

HoldMyOwn posted:

gently caress you

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HoldMyOwn posted:

NOICE!

That costume owns so hard. And literally is Duke.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Quit your jobs and get to CICP. Averaging over a cake an hour.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

nostrata posted:

I think any theory proved by davebo says more about him than the game.

Did someone mention my name? My ears are burning.

Oh, I just applied the Flames of Zarathos visual affect to my head in real life. Hurrrrr.

You know what resulted in a lot of laughs last night? My wife seeing me scrolling through my marvel heroes screenshot and misc. thread images folder and having to explain why a photo of my 3 cosmic prestiged wolverines had been photoshopped into a newspaper article about autism. Thanks whoever did that.

Also "cage-bj.gif"

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 10, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Source your quotes pls.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jujojoh posted:

You know that superdoombot is one of us right

You're still on probation.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Omgomgomgomg, one of you IS older than me! Wooooo!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Lozareth posted:

Glad I could make you feel better about yourself!! ^__^

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Uh someone told me that whole 'freeze when you login' thing was gone and that person is a Language! liar!!!1

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Uh someone told me that whole 'freeze when you login' thing was gone and that person is a Language! liar!!!1

+1 Fun :D

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lozareth posted:

I'm older than him. It's depressing.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

davebo posted:

Oh, I just applied the Flames of Zarathos visual affect to my head in real life. Hurrrrr.

You know what resulted in a lot of laughs last night? My wife seeing me scrolling through my marvel heroes screenshot and misc. thread images folder and having to explain why a photo of my 3 cosmic prestiged wolverines had been photoshopped into a newspaper article about autism. Thanks whoever did that.

Also "cage-bj.gif"

Your welcome

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
SV and Drythe ruined the Overwatch thread by calling idiots idiot.

ICP is great today. Forum warriors asking for nerfs to loots. Asros says yolo anniversary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drythe's normally okay in the good Overwatch thread. That SV is a bad influence.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

FranktheBank posted:

SV and Drythe ruined the Overwatch thread by calling idiots idiot.

ICP is great today. Forum warriors asking for nerfs to loots. Asros says yolo anniversary.

:psyboom:

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

what was the point of giving 10 cake slices an hour last week if they're just going to give you 700 an hour this week?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

iuvian posted:

what was the point of giving 10 cake slices an hour last week if they're just going to give you 700 an hour this week?
Seeing if a 70x loot drop modifier is enough to get people to play ICP (it probably isn't)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

davebo posted:

Also "cage-bj.gif"

Please explain this one as well:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ultron rocks. Definitely get hype for this release.

I'll be back for this one. Finally got excited again for something in this game.

ICR fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 11, 2016

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ultron rocks. Definitely get hype for this release.

I'll be back for this one.

Does he have a teleport?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

RIP hype train. Someone find a comic panel where he teleports before he's scheduled for public testing.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

"Doom, but without a teleport" is the fastest way to take my interest in that character from full midnight to around 5:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Ultron actually can't move at all. Playing as him transforms the game into an RTS where you control armies of robots from a central server room.

• Locked thread