Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
cunts, the lot of you

south of the tweed conspiracy

gently caress sydney

my work here is done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just arrived to pass judgement on the first origin game. NSW showed they are still garbage because they spent about 50 minutes 10 metres from the QLD line and the only try they got was gifted by a miraculous ref decision to ignore a blatant forwards pass. Both knock-on calls at the end of the second half bounced off the head of a NSW player then knocked forward by a NSW player. Refereeing was on the whole equally terrible in both directions. Laurie is a clown pitching a shitfit because he can't pick a side that is any good. QLD looked old and tired all game. Walters is kinda like Tito at Barca in that he just did exactly what the absurdly successful guy before him did to slightly less successful but still good enough results.

Bring on game 2

Also, its a south of the tweed conspiracy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

It always is.

It wouldn't be one of my posts without that

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Rumours going around that Sticky has offloaded FPN to St Helens

Say what you like about Ricky he can sure offload a player.

Can you sneak into the training ground and get us a photo of stickie's whiteboard

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Wait, why are people having a cry that a dude coathangers one of the key players for the other team in origin and gets a suspension. It's because he wears a blue jersey isn't it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

As I said, gently caress off Murdoch press.

And yeah, maybe don't high tackle JT the game before origin if you want to play. Or if you do, at least rub him out for the series. Amateur.

NRL 360 were arguing they should change the rules so he only gets fined because missing out on big games is too much punishment for a 'minor penalty'. Now maybe I am just a softhearted Qlder but it looked like a pretty shocking high shot to me.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

I haven't seen the shot beyond the photo in that article, and I think it looks pretty bad. No idea of his record, though, and the NRL judiciary has regularly shown over the years it's happy to give bizarre sentences to Origin players (I can think of it happening both ways over the years, but can't look it up at work). From what I've seen it looks like a week off, easy, but on past performance I wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to give him 95 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CL_VUm3gh0

its worse in motion

The fuckery last year to delay the tribunal is probably the worse fuckery I have seen with suspensions but hey NSWRL are going to be shitlords so welp

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fanatic posted:

Ehh I dunno, maybe it would be fairer if you infringe during a regular season NRL match that you're only suspended from regular NRL season matches and not from rep level (be it NSW, QLD, Kangaroos etc).

I agree that we shouldn't punish players for trying to take out their opponents the match before rep level football.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Jennings is a pretty major clown.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BlindSite posted:

Salary cap violations isnt much. Nsw deserve their curse. I wouldnt care if Meninga and Alfie were sacrificing virgins under the stadium.

After gus gould let one of his forwards take a conversion when they were up by 24 points and laughed when he scuffed it they deserve everything they get.

The thing that always amazes me is how grubby NSW continue to play. Klemmer and Gallen especially but constant late hits on kickers, borderline high shots. This season their new master plan seemed to be trying to pull shirts over the qld player's heads to slow down the ruck. It never helps but they keep being petulant shits.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Like usual fox sports manages to find a way to rank a dude who knocked on in goal 2 certain tries over Aiden Guerra.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ili posted:

Well, Jennings did contribute more towards QLD's victory than Guerra.

:stoke:

Is there somehwere I can go to watch Gould roast Gallen?

Byolante fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 23, 2016

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The only player they should hold onto for next series is Klemmer because I really hate him and thats a sure sign he is a NSW great

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dalai Trauma posted:

It's a large factor which people seem to forget on the QD side, then lambast the Blues for: Having a non-changing core of players who know one another. It was why the Roosters halves were totally going to succeed together.

HOWEVER

even if Billy Slater played for a trash and garbage team like the tigers or broncos he'd still be the greatest NRL, QD and Australian full back of all time so QD would still win every series he wasn't injured for.

you're welcome

One D. Lockyer would like to have a word.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

cpaf posted:

This is nonsense though, because Queensland won 6 of their dominant 8 game streak with Lockyer/Smith/JT spine, who all played for different clubs. Karmichael Hunt and Matty Bowen also played a shitload of games at fullback in that time as well.

NSW has generally drawn their players heavily from clubs like the Dogs and the Roosters and they've been complete garbage even though they're playing together and (in the case of the Roosters) are probably abusing the salary cap in that time as well.

Hearing whinging about the Salary cap when the Manly players were in NSW for ages (messr.s Stewart for example) is nice

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dalai Trauma posted:

I mean, essentially Storm were being noble and just in the face of the Manly cheating juggernaut. Keeping QLD on a level playing field and all that.

When you think of how many layers off bullshitting insulation NSW have, with the judiciary, media, refs ect its only fair that a little 3rd party paying should be allowed.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Hmm I'm getting paid twice as much as the contract I signed each month said I would. Could something be wrong? Nah must be fine, nothing to worry about.

Are you honestly saying if you were getting paid twice as much as you signed on for you would try and raise a stink, I drat well wouldn't.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dalai Trauma posted:

i can't get my head round a table leading sharks team.

If you keep doping eventually they must start working

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dalai Trauma posted:

hey now, lets just agree on the roosters

manly
souths

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

I almost hated the Tigers enough one night so that after a few drunken rants bdc offered to buy me the new name "Burn Down Campbelltown".

I slept on it and apparently wasn't quite angry enough to go through with it.

Burning down western sydney would be an improvement

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

dear god please either donate to https://www.dryjuly.com/users/peter-thorburn or give me a new avatar or the sweet embrace of death

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Walker has gotta be up there for fuckwit of the year award

In the year that Mitchell Pearce simulated sex with a dog while wearing trousers he had just pissed in you have to do more than punch a door to be fuckwit of the year

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You guys should stop attacking each other on small things like salary cap abuses and come together to support each other during the trying times of a dead rubber origin match

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am strapped in a ready for Iajanus live posting a completely sober Paul Gallen buttfrustration

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
For the life of me I can not believe even NSW could be as garbage 2.0 as this

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It's a south of the Tweed conspiracy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Antitonic posted:

I'm glad ABC's broadcasting it tonight too, Triple M has been grating on me of late.

At least it's not Channel 9.

It's me, in listening to channel 9

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
World's most forwards pass, a knock on and the ref gave them six again. Still somehow ended up losing the ball
Magical

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Then a penalty. I'm almost convinced of A South of the Tweed betting syndicate.

You mean the one running out of the northern suburbs?

How did that even happen. Tigers must be real bad

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That was the most forward pass in the world

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Ball thrown behind the line, caught in front of the line, not called forward. South of the Tweed strikes again

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Lol penalties being given for having a blue shirt now

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I guess we have found out if there was a directive to give gallen a send off

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
8 more penalties a man up a blatantly biased ref team and they still couldn't get anything done

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Maybe the refs should send someone else to the bin since Queensland just refuse to stop giving away penalties

Your solution is to just keep sending off qld players for nothing until we find out of the blues could win a game vs an Auckland nines team?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Nsw has been abysmal in attack but lol if you think that the refs have been anything but kind to Queensland - there could have been many more penalties and in reality Smith should also be in the bin for his cynical and repeated work

Not calling the dodgy ruck poo poo NSW have been pulling or the constant big hits on kickers that NSW has been doing for years is a real problem. It's kinda hard to actually pick out qld not getting calls because the refs are doing everything they can to keep the ball in the blues hands.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BlindSite posted:

The entire state of nsw should consider suicide at this rate. Their only points came off a pass that was a metre forward and couldnt score after 9 of the softest back to back penalties in nrl history against a team a man down.

Shameful poo poo.

This guy knows whats up

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Those vintage late knees to the face will unpretty a new generation of blues

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Came off the blue first but call it a maroon knock on anyway because why the gently caress not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Also ignore what the offside rule says and make poo poo up because why the gently caress not

• Locked thread