Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Truck chat! Here's my LT 5.3 2WD. I think it was around $7-8k, 125k miles. Surprisingly little rust for a Michigan truck but the bed was repainted at some point, not sure why. Color match isn't perfect which I didn't even notice when buying it. :smith:

I bought it last summer and haven't driven it much, but I've fixed nearly everything that was wrong with it. It's super comfy (heated leather :smug:) and will hopefully have race car hauling duties when I finally buy a race car and trailer. I still need to flush the trans and install a bigger cooler and change out some other fluids but it's mostly done. I'll probably pull the bed again to do the rear brake line and fix my ghetto fuel pump wiring job when it gets warmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Big K of Justice posted:

One thing that threw me was the 5 bolt wheels, since most of the OBS style half tons seem to be 6 bolt wheels unless that was part of a package upgrade. I'd check the factory build codes in the glove box but all the ink faded.

Post the VIN, I can send you the full build sheet probably.

Edit: Seems to only work on 96 and newer vehicles. :( Sorry.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 22, 2016

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

angryrobots posted:

Mind posting mine? Curious what rear end my truck has. I think this drivetrain package got a 4.10 LSD. The online VIN decoders don't tell me.

1GTJC39G31F142421

You have a 4.10. And a PM. :)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

my dd/beat rear end old plow truck/tow rig

5.7/4l80/3.78(I think)/lsd annd 270K miles and all the piston slap, steering slop, and missing rockers/corners to show for it.

Has anyone ever replaced a steering box in one of these?

I replaced the entire front wheel well (ball joints, tie rods, control arms, etc) and my steering still feels vague as hell in my 01. I too have the slap. :/

Send your VIN, I may be able to look up your rear end ratio. Same goes for anybody else as long as it's Chevy or GMC if you want your build sheet and it's newer than 96 or so.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

angryrobots posted:

Did you replace the steering box and intermediate shaft?

It doesn't seem like much but there's a flexible disc in the steering shaft that will add slop when it wears out.

Nope, I have not. It's not dangerous level but you're constantly having to saw at the wheel on the highway because of the slop. Might have to swap them out and see if that takes care of it.

• Locked thread