Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Tow ratings (other than Toyota) are just a manufacturer estimate. I don't think anyone really knows all of what goes into the numbers they throw out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Last I knew only Toyota has adopted the standard.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Nice score for $700. Wish I could find them that rust free around here. I had a 1993 4x4 with the 4.3 v6, one of the best trucks I have owned. It had a bit of an EGR issue when I bought it as well, it turned out some idiot had bypassed the EGR solenoid, so the valve was constantly trying to open. Doubt that's your issue though. What trans is it? 4L60 is a 700R4, TH400 would be a 4L80. I think 1992 was the last year of the non electronic transmissions.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Sorry for the wiki link but sorta:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_4L80-E_transmission

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

angryrobots posted:

Most excellent. Thank you.

A 4wd 8.1/Allison or duramax has 3.73 gears, and a 6.0 4wd has 4.10 gears right?

All duramax trucks have 3.73's.

Not sure about the gas engines, I think they could be optioned either way.

• Locked thread