Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

stevobob posted:

So is this the general truck thread? What are the expectations for the diesel in the new Colorado/Canyon? I know that engine has been used in other markets over the world, but not with our emissions poo poo. It also bothers me that the 4cyl in both the GM twins, and the Tacoma, don't get better mileage. In both cases you might as well just get the V6, similar mileage but way better power.

I was going to buy a new Tacoma but even the v6 gets less than 25 mpg. I bought a 97 4runner instead, it gets 23 hwy and cost me less than 5 grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I read some fluff article about it last year that was all "omg twin cycle!! Great economy in the new v6!" and of course I got all stoked thinking "ooh I bet its up near 30 hwy" so imagine my disappointment when I saw the epa ratings. gently caress you Toyota.

I mean seriously, the full size f150 gets 25 hwy. With over 300 HP!

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 19, 2016

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

:unsmith: :hf: :unsmith:

Sup, sub-5k Runner buddy.

I got 26 average in my 4cyl/5sp Tacoma, but I drive like a grandpa and that should be better in the 2010s.

P happy w the V6 runner mileage--averages 20 mixed driving no matter what I do.

Mine has the 4cyl 5 speed 4x4 drivetrain. Its really not that slow and if I really baby it (which I never do) it'll do over 25mpg

• Locked thread