Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm excited, I like all the Tom Clancy games. I have the beta preloaded but I'll be at work for like six more hours after it goes live. I'll let y'all know how it is sometime after 7 CST, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

There's some good things a game like this could learn from Destiny, imo.

And some really, really bad things, too, so fingers crossed I guess.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I just watched a video as well and was thinking this looks neat and then yeah. Unloaded an AR into a goon from distance and it took 6 head shots while numbers flew out. Come on

I think that kind of thing can work, it's just that most developers aren't good enough to pull it off. From the videos I've seen it looks like good use of cover and smart use of your skills and abilities and stuff is important to combat and enemies actually react to being shot like you'd expect so I don't think it will be as bad as like Borderlands or Fallout 3/NV combat where you and the bad guys just stand there blasting each other until one of you falls down.

I don't know, it seems kind of weird to me that everyone's okay with medieval RPGs having enemies take twenty sword blows or six arrows to the face or something before dying but as soon as guns get involved it's a big crime. As long as there's more to the combat than just pulling the trigger at them it should be fine imo.

Still got 4 and a half hours in my shift until I can try it out -_-

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think I've done all the PvE stuff and am heading to the Dark Zone for the first time... I'm enjoying it pretty well so far. I think the combat nailed the shooter/RPG hybrid thing pretty well, you still have to pay attention to your surroundings and make use of all your tools or you'll get murked in seconds like you'd expect from a Tom Clancy game, keeping the combat fast-paced, but it still manages to feel like an RPG rather than a shooter with a lame RPG skill tree tacked on like a lot of these things do. It's not blowing me away like I was hoping it would from the first previews but I still like it enough to get the full game when it comes out.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i played this at my friends house on his computer and actually just ran at the computer bad guys and punched them and never died, so i dont think you really need to pay attention to your surroundings and use all of your tools. it was really dumb. also you cant even jump in this game. spacebar just loots stuff. lol

That's really weird to me because me and the enemies were both completely toast if we got caught out in the open. Once I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and a guy--regular enemy like one level above me, not a boss or anything--jumped out from behind a fence right next to me when I wasn't prepared and he killed me before I could draw a bead on him or make it to the cover a few yards away. The boss enemies with multiple health bars are the only ones in the game that make me feel like I'm not playing a typical TC game when I'm shooting.

E: and the lack of fatal headshots, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Theres no need to jump in the post apocalypse. Keep your head down and your feet in the game.. I think thats how it goes. You go jumping around and you're worm food. Welcome to the jungle, kid, Population: hosed.

rediscover posted:

Normie punks gently caress off

• Locked thread