Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How were Toyota looking in the actual pace area? Looks like their car is a good step forward over the previous model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jammyozzy posted:

Got to go the the WEC 6 hours of Spa at the weekend, took some snaps:

Album here

I've been to the Ring before but not Spa, it's an incredible track and if you get the opportunity you should totally go.

Great snaps! What was the atmosphere, food and general setup like? It's a toss up between Spa and Le Mans next year and the wife wants to come so I'm thinking of what may interest her too

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Eurosport isn't part of the Sky Sports package....what the loving hell? Have to subscribe to another set of channels if I want Le Mans (which is sport) on the telly.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Helicon One posted:

Eurosport is and has always been part of the basic Sky package, is it even possible to get Sky Sports without the core Sky pack?

It's not. It's part of the entertainment plus pack. You can get just sky sports through a Now TV (sky) box though I don't see the point of those

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For those who can't watch Le Mans live on Eurosport/can't stream, Quest (UK Channel, base package on Sky and Virgin iirc) have:
-Start from 1:30 pm
-Live coverage/highlights 8pm-9pm Saturday
-Recap of the night's events at 10am Sunday Morning
-The last hour and finish live.

Also the have live coverage of the FIA World RallyCross Championship every round :getin:

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 12, 2016

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've always found Eurosport's coverage really good and as I was paying for it already(somehow) saw no reason to pay for the WEC stream

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

track day bro! posted:

Eurosports coverage was poo poo last year and I got sick of the same ads 9000 times.

Yeah they were pretty bad looking back on it. The commentary was good though, they usually bring in some interesting folks during the night to tell stories and some have obviously had a drink

Helicon One posted:

Looking again, I don't see it so that must have changed recently. Eurosport WAS part of the basic package ever since they first launched though.

Its only in the last 2-3 years that they changed this

WEC should make a PS4 app for the streaming :rms:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

uwaeve posted:

I think I bought it last year, but refresh my memory: is the official stream purchased through the app (I have one called 24H Le Mans on the phone)? I don't see any purchase option in the app, but it may need to be closer to the weekend, idk.

You can do it on the WEC website as well and the account works on up to 3 devices simultaneously

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

harperdc posted:

Also, this article from Marshall Pruett interviewing drivers about the experience of driving some of the monstrous 1,000 hp plus prototypes is a pretty good read. It's worth it just for Mark Blundell's final lines regarding that old Nissan he set a record in.

That's a pro click. I knew the power was over 1000 but never knew it was that much on some of them

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Those would have been manual gear shifters too. Incredible stuff though I still love this era and the technology, even if it is less about the driver

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GramCracker posted:

I'm genuinely surprised the Toyota's are hanging with Porsche and Audi this year

Why? It's a brand new car and has been probably the fastest for sheer pace all season

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Basticle posted:

On the slow mo pit crew thing i saw someone with "Hitman&Co Tokyo" on their helmet. Googled it and its a high end ladies shoe store? :psyduck:

In 1995 the winning McLaren F1 was sponsored by the Ueno Clinic which was a Tokyo based plastic surgery clinic for men mostly.

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 19, 2016

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want Ford to lose

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cubey posted:

As much as I am beyond gutted at the result, this race is why endurance racing is the best form of racing in the world

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

go3 posted:

No 5 Toyota currently classified 45th

Eurosport say it didn't get classified....

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yay Frederic :unsmith:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Basticle posted:

Didnt it stop before the line and then eventually restart and cross? It will end up 2nd

Nope it merely started its final lap I think, it died half way around again

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What Audi are already making a new car?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

harperdc posted:

of course they will. a couple other times they've been incredibly close; this one just happened with 5 minutes on the clock.

They'll be absolutely gutted, heartbroken, and so frustrated once more, but they'll be back. And you have to imagine they've still got a great chance to take the WEC title too, but without scoring points at Le Mans...gonna be tough.

They score with the second place car at least.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bernie is the Vince McMahon of Motorsport

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Watching the Colin McRae documentary that comes with DIRT Rally. Can't believe he is dead almost 10 years. It's well produced and has some great HD footage

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Idiot race making loads of anime references and inappropriate comments over the Eva and Hatsune Miku cars in the live chat

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

harperdc posted:

the M6 is already homologated as a GT3, it's up-scaled to run as GTLM only in the US just like the Z4 before it. That should indicate how important the US market is to BMW. I like their strategy of using Formula E and WEC/IMSA, as well as customer racing through GT3. Just curious what they'll race.

McLaren might be GTE but I doubt some of the others would do the same because GT3 is "we'll equalize whatever you bring" while GTLM is more traditional rulebook-wise. Therefore, harder for things like the Bentley or M6 to be as equal. I'm worried the Mercedes AMG GT would fall in the latter camp as well, and for GTLM would require a new engine to be developed, too (the GT3 uses the same engine as the SLS).

Maybe they will do like Honda did the NSX and race the Z5 before the road car is out

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BMB5150 posted:

As for BMW that M6 is gt3 homologated and IMSA has given clearance for both GTLM M6 and Z4 to compete while ACO forbids those cars so it's going to be a new car of some sort.

i8? They are pretty small though

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drgitlin posted:

Same size as 570S more or less. But it's got a 1.5L 3 cylinder engine. There's no way to make that competitive in GTE. An M4 or M6 is most likely.

Oh I didn't know the engine had to be the same as the road car in those categories.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gret posted:

Simona owns. Haters vacate.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alain Post posted:

WRC is bad.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aside from the start I tend to find Rallycross races boring as well

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
And the Corsica rally

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
15 years (at least) is a pretty good run for a manufacturer in any series

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Congratulations Toyota 2017 WRC champions

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Citroen made so little of their rally success. A C4 with white wheels and some decals. That's it. Shame on them.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Motorsport Manager is out on PC today. I have high hopes considering how fun the iOS version was. I :siren: may even make a thread in games about it :siren:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bentai posted:

Does the game "simulate" only F1-style racing, or does it do other series as well?

Single seater for now. Here's hoping for some mods. Initial reviews are good. Can't wait to get stuck in this weekend. Seems fairly deep compared to what has come before.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

njsykora posted:

Given they've supposedly had help from the Sports Interactive guys (Football Manager aka the gods of this game type) I'd hope its actually deeper and not just lots more meters that do basically the same thing.

No there is more complex things like staff relationships etc (which hopefully does something) and you can also risk running parts that won't pass scrutineering which is hopefully a bit of fun

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm Crap posted:

90s FIFA games had a button that was just "commit a godawful foul and get sent off if the referee sees it."

That was awesome and you could it on the keeper as well :rms:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sorry to keep the game derail going but Dirt 3 Complete Edition is available for free on the Humble Store until 6pm UK time. It's not a free weekend, it's for keeps.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Never understood why they kept at it so long.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What does a realistic prototype look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd want my money back if they paid someone for that job

• Locked thread