Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Until then watch Continental Tire Challenge. drat this stuff is good already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I only just found out a woman is on track (awesome!) and she drives the most phallic car as well

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

30 minutes ago, the 2 had like a 25 second lead over the 10. Now it's about two car lengths. :psyduck:

e- LEAD CHANGE. :laffo:

Class leading really is cursed it seems: 2 was 6th when I checked this morning, imagine my surprise when I checked in later.. I'm super bummed out i'm missing the last three hours due to a flight :( Hope there's a recording available somewhere

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I'm on foreign data, does someone have a spoilered top 10? I'd be immensely grateful

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

keevo posted:

Were they Ferraris?

The Ferraris didn't do too bad. I think they used all their crash tokens during qualifying, which was pretty epic in how they were able to hit walls and skid off.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

12hrs of Bathurst staring now, http://bathurst12hour.com.au/stream-int or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHCqM5k48O8

I'm not sure if I respect the drivers or the commentary crew more by now. They have an endurance race of their own by doing all of them globally, Hindhaugh probably doesn't have a biological clock anymore.

geonetix fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 6, 2016

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Kilonum posted:

any way I can strip out just the video from this for VLC?

It's a regular "livestream.com" stream, so anything that works on that, works here. However I'm not familiar with it

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

And now the actual cars. Make sure to put radiolemans.com on instead of the German audio.

Oh yes and a Porsche (#911) lost its rear wing on the warm up lap

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Absolutely unbelievable. This is potentially the saddest moment this weekend barring Verstappen winning in Baku

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Haven't seen a lot of races here, but no kidding, it's literally a painted on circuit isn't it? Just another car that just decided to not take the next three corners and he ended up perfectly fine.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Peanut President posted:

Is there any good racing series?

WEC, Pirelli World Championship, Blancpain, Continental SportsCar Challenge, ELMS etc.

I'm a bit of a GT3 fan though

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I think most of them are common parts coming from known or shared producers. At least the battery packs are coming from Williams, why wouldn't the motors come from McLaren or something similar?

e: A quick google puts me close, at least Renault is using McLaren's motor. I think most of the design freedom that the teams use is in recharging, layout, gearboxes, cooling and such things.

geonetix fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Alright, fair. I was basing my posts on bad googling and mostly gut feeling :-). It's completely unclear to me where they have freedom of development now, wikipedia isn't helping and I wasn't about to scour regulations over it. Even though for me this is probably the most interesting part of Formula E when they're not racing.

I guess it's a tip if they want to change something.

• Locked thread