Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Sitting here in the Media Center here at DIS. I'm very impressed with Kat Legge in the Deltawing, :laffo: at Briscoe, not surprised at the Mazda Prototypes overheating.

Next stop, the roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Cygni posted:

Electrical issues for both of em it looks like.

Electrical issues for the #11 as well, I asked T Bell himself

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
The #88 OF car has returned after the issue with the LF axle.

Walking down to the Deltawing pit right now

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
#28 GTD car just finished serving a 4-5 min penalty for pulling away from the pit box with the fuel probe still engaged. #28 was in the GTD lead before penalty, now like 9th.

Driver also stalled car upon release from penalty box, got some good laughs from the peanut gallery here on pit lane

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

BMB5150 posted:

Fox said it was because he passed the pace car to get a lap ahead where he was supposed to be so one lap to get back the lap he took and a lap penalty on that.

Maybe it was the #68 GTLM that pulled away, there were 2 cars that served penalties and I didn't get a chance to talk to the IMSA Official working the penalty box.

TV doesn't do this race justice at night. This place is really amazing at night all lit up

Edit: just watched a car blow through the red stop light at the end of pit lane so expect a penalty coming up after we go green.

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 31, 2016

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Looks like the #02's day might be over, or at least their chances of winning...

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Sage Karam just got done speaking here at IndyCar Media Day, and he announced that he will be running the remainder of the WeatherTech Series in a Chip Ganassi Lexus GTD entry beginning with Laguna Seca. Sage will also be running in the 100th Indy 500 this year as his only IndyCar race (so far)

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Xisticide posted:

Isn't it Gentilozzi's RSR that are running the Lexus?

Maybe it's their car, I just know Sage mentioned Chip Ganassi when talking about it so I figured that's who's ride it was. It must have been Chip's connections that landed Sage that ride.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

go3 posted:

people who give Sage Karam a ride in tyool 2016 :negative:

Sage needs to work his way back up to the big cars, and GTD is a good place for him. When I asked him about it he seemed pretty excited for it and I support Sage (especially wearing a shirt)

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Just came across this gem out of the pics I took at the Rolex 24 this past weekend:

Link for size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

The blue and white Konica Minolta logo on the front of the 10 was noticeably blackened from grit and it was awesome.

Yes it was and massive thanks to drgitlin for letting me shoot photos from his party deck!

Link for size

• Locked thread