Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Friday night Is the wife's study group so I'm going to around in about an hour if anyone wants to jam some games in tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Alter Reality Games accepted my trade-in and I've got $240 worth of ARG funny money to blow on their website for Magic cards.

It was fun while it lasted.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Matsuri posted:

More Tapu deck analysis:
Clutch Tapu Lele sounds like a perfect 1-of, and one Necrozma-GX sounds cheeky as hell, if you're already using the Psychic energy. Have you considered one Guardians Rising Oricorio? The flexibility of Supernatural Dance could get you some sneaky KOs, though it's very situational.

Edit: I figure the best way to deal with Buzzwole is to hit it for weakness, though I'm coming up short on good options for that aside from the obvious Lele GX

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 24, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Clutch Tapu Lele sounds like a perfect 1-of, and one Necrozma-GX sounds cheeky as hell, if you're already using the Psychic energy. Have you considered one Guardians Rising Oricorio? The flexibility of Supernatural Dance could get you some sneaky KOs, though it's very situational.

I think I'd want more than one Lele just to be on the safe side. If she's prized away, she's not much of a help because she's a setup for a finishing sweep.

Oricorio could be good! Situational for sure so it'd definitely be a one-of, especially since it wouldn't be that great until the game has worn on for a while anyway, but I'm sure the situations where it's good will be stellar.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Matsuri posted:

I think I'd want more than one Lele just to be on the safe side. If she's prized away, she's not much of a help because she's a setup for a finishing sweep.

Oricorio could be good! Situational for sure so it'd definitely be a one-of, especially since it wouldn't be that great until the game has worn on for a while anyway, but I'm sure the situations where it's good will be stellar.

I really like you look deck and Necrozma is just what the doctor ordered. I think it's worth checking oricorio out as a fun of

Good games tonight, goli/garb is as close to the sun as fly as far as energy goes, I'm stupid for consistency ever since they made me play all those coin flip decks in the precon league.

Anyone have 4x weavile line or 4 piplups/empoleons? I also need 4x Cynthia and if anyone has it 4x of the garchomp line. I have up and gr packs

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

PleasantDirge posted:

I really like you look deck and Necrozma is just what the doctor ordered. I think it's worth checking oricorio out as a fun of

Good games tonight, goli/garb is as close to the sun as fly as far as energy goes, I'm stupid for consistency ever since they made me play all those coin flip decks in the precon league.

Anyone have 4x weavile line or 4 piplups/empoleons? I also need 4x Cynthia and if anyone has it 4x of the garchomp line. I have up and gr packs

Man, if only I hadn't thrown away my turn mega-evolving Gardevoir. I so did not notice you blew my spirit link away. Ah well, misplays are how you learn. Good games.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Matsuri posted:

Man, if only I hadn't thrown away my turn mega-evolving Gardevoir. I so did not notice you blew my spirit link away. Ah well, misplays are how you learn. Good games.

That second blower was such lucksack nonsense

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo lad get a life please i'm just trying to do my dragon and fighting challenges with my garchomp deck

EDIT:

me: I'm gonna get 50 guardians rising packs on eBay, open some, keep some for trading in the future!
also me: cracks all 50 and gets pretty much nothing

when will I learn :smith:

Framboise fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 24, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
@PleasantDirge: remember when we were testing the swear filter in PMs yesterday?

yeah I got an email saying I got a 3 day mute for that :laffo:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I've stupidly spent so much on packs trying to pull a Lele.

How do I get one?

I pull it from a tradelocked 200 coin pack.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ooh, a Brooklet Hill!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Ooh, a Brooklet Hill!

Need any? I have like a dozen at this point. :unsmith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nice job finally getting the Lele though. I just spent $80 getting two for my physical deck.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Matsuri posted:

I've stupidly spent so much on packs trying to pull a Lele.

How do I get one?

I pull it from a tradelocked 200 coin pack.

Nice! Who cares, it's a free lele! Is that three? I think there is like one deck total that runs four so now go hog wild!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of running 3. Lele is a TERRIBLE card to have as your only Pokemon starting out since you don't get to use its ability and they just tend to gum up the bench in a lot of matchups because their damage capacity isn't ideal and they can get cheapshot-killed easily. I'll hold on to 3 but in most cases I'll probably stick with 2 in most decks. 2 seems like the sweet spot.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I pretty much just play theme... Partly 'cause I drop in and out occasionally rather than playing constantly. I'm only like level 2 but I have stuff from back when it was embedded in the browser and barely worked.

I wish I knew why my OG basic yellow deck disappeared at some point though.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Theme is a solid and legit format if you like facing Garchomp decks all day

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I'm still grinding with the Garchomp / Talonflame deck posted a few pages ago, but I'm running into a lot of Glaceon-EX.

Any suggestions for a 'basic' beatstick to throw in, that gets around Crystal Ray?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Tyma posted:

I'm still grinding with the Garchomp / Talonflame deck posted a few pages ago, but I'm running into a lot of Glaceon-EX.

Any suggestions for a 'basic' beatstick to throw in, that gets around Crystal Ray?

Safeguard Carbink! It's on the VS ladder right now.

It's not strong and its BREAK form wouldn't be able to hurt Glaceon due to it evolving (BREAK counts as evolving right?), but it's basic, immune to EX Pokemon, and with Choice Band can hit for 70 damage a pop.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oranguru can also help out.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

THAT SATISFYING TURN 1 PLAY. Full bench, both Regirocks out, float stones down, choice band on a fully-charged Buzzwole, Ultra Balled into a Lele into a Sycamore, had a Guzma and Octillery ready for turn 2.

He then proceeded to double-blow away the Brooklet Hill and all tools.

He scooped as soon as I dropped Guzma on his Glaceon the next turn.

(don't feel too bad for him, he had all rainbow rares and all full art foil trainers/supporters/energies)

Framboise fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 3, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Also, it feels like Ultra Prism is where it's at if you want to pull for general value and not just chase rares like Lele or Buzzwole or Zoroark. Guardians Rising has probably the best hit rate for GX cards, but anything other than Lele is not worth much because the market is so saturated from people who were ripping through packs for Lele.

In my long, stress-addled addiction spree of buying packs this last month, I pulled a FA Double Colorless Energy that's apparently worth like 21 packs. I don't really have a use for stuff like this. Like yeah, it's pretty, but energy and items in Full Art Foil seem so extra. (Supporters get cool and good art though so I'm happy to collect those.) I traded it for 20 Ultra Prisms and pulled:

1 Leafeon GX (card value: 1.5)
1 Glaceon GX (4)
2 Silvally GX (1 a piece)
2 Palkia GX (0.5 a piece)
2 Prism Star Solgaleo (1 a piece)
1 Prism Star Giratina (0.5)
1 FA Dusk Mane Necrozma GX (7.5)
1 FA Mars (cute!) (2)
1 Foil (not FA) Cynthia (idk, probably worth something)

Then again, my luck has been kind of on fire tonight (pulled a Leafeon GX and a FA Peeking Red Card from my 3x UP VS ladder reward too) so your mileage may vary but dang

Framboise fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 3, 2018

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Matsuri posted:

Safeguard Carbink! It's on the VS ladder right now.

Trip report :

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tyma posted:

Trip report :

gently caress, I might need to try that out.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

gently caress, I might need to try that out.

I traded the packs matsuri traded me for the shell of the deck, got a list? I saw Donald playing the deck on stream and it seemed pretty fun.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

PleasantDirge posted:

I traded the packs matsuri traded me for the shell of the deck, got a list? I saw Donald playing the deck on stream and it seemed pretty fun.

No idea who came up with it, but it was posted a few pages ago, and it's one of my favorite TCG decks of all time. It's super elegant, has a decent toolbox, can fetch solutions, and deals 220 damage every turn.

Carbink gets the job done, although I was kind of expecting to buy some GX thing with a massive attack, using the 40 Guardians Rising packs I've amassed, while playing this thing ^^;

4 x Talonflame (Aero Blitz)
1 x Carbink (Safeguard)

4 x Gible (Ascension)
2 x Gabite (Ascension)
4 x Garchomp (Royal Blades)

2 x Riolu (Detect)
2 x Lucario (Precognitive Aura)

1 x Field Blower
2 x Professor's Letter
4 x Puzzle Of Time
4 x Rare Candy
1 x Rescue Stretcher
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Cynthia
1 x Guzma
3 x Professor Sycamore
1 x Wally
3 x Choice Band
2 x Escape Board

4 x Double Colorless Energy
7 x Fighting Energy

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Tyma posted:

No idea who came up with it, but it was posted a few pages ago, and it's one of my favorite TCG decks of all time. It's super elegant, has a decent toolbox, can fetch solutions, and deals 220 damage every turn.

Carbink gets the job done, although I was kind of expecting to buy some GX thing with a massive attack, using the 40 Guardians Rising packs I've amassed, while playing this thing ^^;

4 x Talonflame (Aero Blitz)
1 x Carbink (Safeguard)

4 x Gible (Ascension)
2 x Gabite (Ascension)
4 x Garchomp (Royal Blades)

2 x Riolu (Detect)
2 x Lucario (Precognitive Aura)

1 x Field Blower
2 x Professor's Letter
4 x Puzzle Of Time
4 x Rare Candy
1 x Rescue Stretcher
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Cynthia
1 x Guzma
3 x Professor Sycamore
1 x Wally
3 x Choice Band
2 x Escape Board

4 x Double Colorless Energy
7 x Fighting Energy

Gonna build it later today when I login to redeem some pack codes thank you!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I know this probably isn’t the correct thread but I couldn’t find one in Traditional Games. I saw something today about values of older Pokémon cards and found that I have a Switch card with the misprint on it. Does anyone know where I could go to find a price for it?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I know this probably isn’t the correct thread but I couldn’t find one in Traditional Games. I saw something today about values of older Pokémon cards and found that I have a Switch card with the misprint on it. Does anyone know where I could go to find a price for it?

If I were you my clothes probably wouldn't fit and I would ask in one of the facebook groups for trading rare/misprint cards or ask my favorite tcg streamer for advice. Also, nice find friend!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

PleasantDirge posted:

If I were you my clothes probably wouldn't fit and I would ask in one of the facebook groups for trading rare/misprint cards or ask my favorite tcg streamer for advice. Also, nice find friend!

I didn’t even think about Facebook groups, thank you!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Talonflames was my idea but I never quite found a build I was happy with. I've got 2 Leles now too, so I'll need to decide if I'm putting one or both into the deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, finally registered for PDX regionals this weekend. Anyone else going?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Anyone got any good ideas for a false accusation krookodile deck? Or know a good standard item lock Pokémon?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

numerrik posted:

Or know a good standard item lock Pokémon?
Noivern GX?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What’s a pretty good trainer set up for expanded? Money isn’t an object but tropical beach isn’t happening without a reprint. If you want an archetype I was thinking marshadow gx w/ night March.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

numerrik posted:

What’s a pretty good trainer set up for expanded? Money isn’t an object but tropical beach isn’t happening without a reprint. If you want an archetype I was thinking marshadow gx w/ night March.

Expanded trainer staples No Matter What:
4 Trainer's Mail
4 VS Seeker
4 Professor Sycamore (or Professor Juniper. You probably don't need both, though)
4 Ultra Ball

If you look at championship decklists, these are in quite literally every single Expanded deck.

You probably also want in just about any deck:
4 Puzzle of Time (I might get some pushback on this, but I think it's got a lot of utility. It's 4 or nothing, though.)
1-2 Teammates
2 Guzma or Lysandre (depending on your needs)
2-3 N or Cynthia (depending on personal preference)
2 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Float Stone (or Switch or Escape Rope or Escape Board)
1 Hex Maniac
1 Computer Search (or Master Ball or Scoop Up Cyclone as a budget option)

As for things you want in Night March in particular? Battle Compressor is an auto 4-of. To contradict myself early, instead of Choice Band, you want 2-3 Fighting Fury Belt, Marshadow's damage isn't his weak point, not in Night March, it's the very frail (for a GX) 150 HP. Another option in this vein would be Focus Sash, which you could 1 or maybe 2 of. Parallel City is a fun tech, because if you had to drop down too many fragile Marchers because of setup, you can play the bench-shrinking side on yourself, and discard a couple guys without penalty. Dimension Valley can help if you get stuck having to attack with Pumpkaboo, and can also let you use Fates Collide Mew's Encounter attack without attaching an energy, if you run one. You want a couple Special Charge because your DCE are the only energy you're running, and a lot of people run Enhanced Hammer these days. In this deck, you might be able to get away with running Colress instead of N/Cynthia, but I don't like it just because you having your bench full is the opposite of the point. Maybe 1 just so you can VS Seeker/Tapu Lele it when need be. You could swap out some of your N/Cynthia for Sophocles, especially if you're running Puzzle of Time, but you might feel the slowdown more than the saved cards. Again, a possible 1-of.

Honestly, Expanded is great (and terrifying) because of just how many supporters you can get away with running only 1-of, just because you're running 4 VS Seeker and can pluck out whichever niche one you need.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 25, 2018

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Is there a recommended place to shop if I wanted to bulk buy a bunch of codes? I'd really like one of those new Prism Star Diancies for my Crabominable deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You can usually buy singles trades on EBay, if you trust what may or may not be against terms of service.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I loving hate, hate, HATE the goddamn Guzzlord GX deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Captain Fargle posted:

I loving hate, hate, HATE the goddamn Guzzlord GX deck.
Why?

• Locked thread