Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Since this was mentioned in the main Pokemon Thread, and because my niece is now at the age that her cool aunt and uncle who love Pokemon is extremely impressionable, I thought I'd check this out because it actually did the tutorial and I hadn't played it in 15 years, and just in case my niece actually wants to play as opposed to just looking at the cards I figured I'd brush up on the rules. Fast forward five hours later wondering where my time went and being totally engrossed in the game. I had forgotten how easy this game is to learn and how fun it was. Even though I'm just beating up computers with basic theme decks this game is way more fun that it has any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Webbeh posted:

Yep - this game is loving addicting. I downloaded it five days ago, and now I'm 200 matches in.

Really enjoying this and the booster pack madness of it. Is it ever worthwhile to buy the sets, or just stick to boosters?

Trying to figure out a Fighting deck to get that achievement.

I found that getting at least one theme deck and doing theme tournaments is a good way to get some boosters. Of the current decks the Lugia Themed one seems to be pretty solid. Although there is a new set released the 2nd of August and I'm not sure how quickly they update the webpage with the new sets. But it might be worth it to wait and see what the new decks will be.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Well other than more supporters that no one needs both of those look like solid decks. I mean I guess new players need em but still they could throw some variety in there.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Webbeh posted:

Regice has been my favorite counter to EX-heavy decks. I need to find more of these, as my poor W:L ratio can't take coming up against more of these.

The Fates Collide Lugia is a solid EX counter too. Does 120 damage and reduces all incoming damage by 20.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Online thankfully I've only seen once during a random versus. I actually sat and watched nationals and everyone who was in the top was using it and a deck called Water Toolbox. One lady had a Giratina based deck that was holding it's own but man it's going to be nice to see it phased out and hopefully add some variety into the top decks. But who am I kidding TCG games always have two or three broken decks that require rare cards that you have an extremely slim chance of getting.

• Locked thread