Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Got a premade deck yesterday. The one with gengar in it. I can't figure the win con with it. Any help? Joining that Irc later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What’s the best bang for my buck with poke coins in the shop? Decks I presume? If so which should I prioritize getting and if not what is?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Should I go in for a third prerelease event Saturday or should I save that money for the may prerelease?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

PMush Perfect posted:

Depends on if you're going just to go or for card value. Cynthia is gonna be a hot ticket pretty much immediately, so pulling a full-art now could be your best value for it for a long time.

If you're playing the long game, I'd bet actually real life money that the water version of Palkia GX coming out in May is going to blow the gently caress up in Expanded. (And for the few glorious months before rotation.)

I was going to go just to play and have fun, but it turns out I’m rescheduled to work Saturday so I’ll only be going for a second time Sunday.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I might stream this game Thursday or Friday, I have 77 boosters to open and several evo packs

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So, any of y’all willing to trade your leles for up packs?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I applied to be a judge for the game and they sent me the background check info today, I’m feeling good.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Matsuri posted:

gardevoir is a cool and fun deck now that it's complete :3:

I was playing against a Garchomp deck with two fully loaded Garchomp on the bench. I used Sylveon's Plea GX to send them both back to the opponent's hand. I then N'd her hand away next turn. She scooped. :unsmith:

Deck list? I’m :allears:

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Matsuri posted:

1 Super Today

Wanna retry this one?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

PMush Perfect posted:

I really, really need that good first turn, but I'm hoping that the Tapu Lele and a Fan Club or two will help.

I use a Lele and alliance vulpix combo, I’m sure Brigette is also fine, but off that list I’d add palpads

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Matsuri posted:

Now that you mention it, Garchomp decks are pretty well-aligned against Dusk Mane. Not only can you reliably OHKO, your Pokemon are lower risk being 1 prize rather than 2.

I've been seeing the Empoleon deck do great things too. Once I get my hands on a couple more Empoleon I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes too.
(Question: If an opponent uses Alolan Vulpix's Beacon to grab a Lele and something else, and I use Captivating Poke Puff to force it onto the bench, do they still get their Supporter tutor?)

Yes, because wonder-tag is a play from hand onto bench effect

Content: I am helping a local kid at the lgs come up with a super budget deck, any suggestions? Doesn’t need to be t1.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Lorak posted:

How budget are we talking? Like, 4 Guzzlord GX, 56 Darkness Energy, or do we have more room to play with?

About that tight of a budget, they have most of the Pokemon for a decent alolan muk deck, the major thing their missing is trainers/supporters

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

PMush Perfect posted:

I'll try hammering out a budget list later. How many Muk do they have?

2-3 I don’t remember exactly

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Anyone got any good ideas for a false accusation krookodile deck? Or know a good standard item lock Pokémon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What’s a pretty good trainer set up for expanded? Money isn’t an object but tropical beach isn’t happening without a reprint. If you want an archetype I was thinking marshadow gx w/ night March.

• Locked thread