Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

jhorphear posted:

if you traded your shaymin for 35 packs of steam seige you got ripped off. Those are selling for like 45+ packs.

I have been fed up wit MTGO being such a dog and pony show for long enough now that when the TCC professor streamed some Pokemon TCG the other night I immediately DL'd it after he sang the praises of their rewards system for logging in/playing casual games/winning games. This is what is bothering me though because I am a huge grognard, where can I find the value of the cards I want to trade so I don't get shanked and left in an alley for my good cards. IGN is Pokeballerdude if anyone can help me with getting together the U Blastoise/rain dance? deck because it looks super fun and Blastoise seems to be the most spendy card in the deck I just don't know whats a fair price for stuff atm.

Also anyone got a good hook up for booster pack codes? I know it has been a while since zoness posted about 30 codes for $4 but anything close to that sounds amazing if it's still possible

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

thank you this was super helpful, I popped my two packs of fates collide that I got and got two mews, a rare candy, and 1 trash rare and was feeling p good about myself and my poor choices to crack packs. Thanks to your link I now know I have enough for 2x Blastoise that I want and can start building my stupid water deck.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

So what counts as a "block" and when is rotation? I thought on heard a streamer talk about XY being a part of standard for 2 years? They also mentioned packs becoming scarce while the set is still standard legal. The big box stores in town seem to only have the most recent and trash packs on the shelf but I live in a college town so idk if its grognards or what.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Elblanco posted:

Rotation happens once a year right after world's. So we just had rotation making standard primal clash forward. The blocks themselves don't really matter since the Pokemon company just seems to randomly pick which part of the block is no longer legal.

OK, so once a year we get a random swath of cards NOT based on the what set it comes from. Is the Pokemon company pretty good at curating whats in standard? Do we get a spoiler season like in MTG or do they just dump the cards on or around release date to us? Sorry if I am being a pain in the rear end, I have never played anything but MTG and the compare/contrast is really interesting to me bc I'm a huge nerd

Side note: if rotation just happened I should still be chasing those Shaymin EX's bc I have time to find them and play with them for a minute right?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Flagrama posted:

They rotated all of the XY video game era sets, and now the sets from when ORAS came out and on are legal. It wasn't really that random. The same thing happened with the two previous rotations as well. Last rotation was XY video game era and on, the one before that was BW2 video game era and on. Next rotation isn't likely to be as clear-cut though. They probably will only take out PRC/ROS/AOR and be BREAK series on, then the 2019 rotation after that being Sun/Moon on.

Thanks for everyone's response, everyone here has been super helpful. If anyone wants to trade I have a modest pile of non bulk rares and uncommons that I will take packs or stuff on my wishlist for, IGN is pokeballerdude just msg me if you see me on

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

Hey y'all--just got a new ipad and stumbled on to this game by just being a pokemon fan

I've never played a TCG but the tutorial is pretty good and I've got a good hold of the mechanics

Apart from the stuff mentioned in the OP, anything else I should know about this game? Should I basically 5 star all of the challenge poo poo before jumping into fighting real people?

Also is Challenge offline? Is there an offline mode at all?

I don't think you should have and hard rules about what/when to play, there is a pretty decent variety of decks in Vs play and since you aren't paying I would say the fun you have is most important. My advice to you when you get cards you actually own is never trade without looking up prices or asking someone here first, the trade section of the game is a field of landmines and dog turds.

Speaking of, I picked up a case's worth of booster packs off a local card store employee for some EDH cards and spent very few of those packs building the 2nd place Greninja deck from worlds this year and it is a riot to play. I even made a few tiny adjustments and made a standard version of the deck and it's def sweeter than it is powerful but I really don't care because it has tendancy to either snipe an early win or come back from what looks like the most miserable opening hands. Living and dying on its mulligans is also a fun game to play and won game after drawing 2 talonflame's in a row turns 2 and 3 with a lone froakie holding down the fort.

What would be a good tier 1-1.5 deck for standard that has a minimum of Shaymin-EX's that I could play? I have 1 and could probably get 1 more but that would limit my budget for the rest of the deck and I would rather not blow everything on one standard deck if I could avoid it.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Lorak posted:

Two copies of the Greninja theme deck are a pretty decent start to combine. Low Energy attackers, and free Retreat, is a lot to like in my book. Slowking can help you slow your opponents' Energy attachment, and Slowpoke can get you those Pokemon out faster. Golduck provides a usable secondary attacker.

This and if you want to get crazy 2x copies of the deck will give you the base for the standard/UL Greninja Break deck. Which I found out is crap without pokemon ranger in it. slowpoke is a way better draw engine than doduo, Golduck and cloyster both can do a little work with surf and cloysters free paralyze on evo can be pretty helpful when timed right. Def not a bad way to spend 1k coins for sure. The only other deck I like is Mewtwo mayhem, it's not great but if you want to put in some packs a lot of the good to decent mew cards are not that spendy and can placehold for the higher priced cards in the mean time.

Also anyone have a bot for trades yet? I see some deals go down because ppl look up prices of cards in flat packs and don't understand not all packs are equal in value and the only deals you usually see in trade are the garbage rip off ones that nobody smart will ever accept. This is a good thing

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 4, 2016

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Dr. Stab posted:

Water shuriken is indeed great. That's what makes Greninja-break so fun. If you put Greninja break on a water shuriken greninja, you'll be able to use both a 30 damage shuriken, and a 60 damage shuriken.

As for pokemon count, 4 of the good frogadier (clone) is pretty important. The way this deck gets to play its greninjas is through a wall of frogadiers.

As for your Trainers, you need more ways to draw cards. The game provides you with a ton of utilities to do that. Professor Sycamore, N, and Ace Trainer are all amazing cards. VS seeker is also an insanely good card, so you probably want 4 of those. This isn't particular to this deck, it's just that there are some cards that belong in almost every deck.

Great ball just isn't a very good card in general. You'd probably be better off with ultra balls, or level balls, or really just cutting them.
Healing Scarf doesn't really do much for you. Your greninjas take one energy to be fully powered up, and you want to be spending all of your spare energy on water shuriken and not healing.
3 Giovannis is way to many. It already takes a lot to make it do work (especially without any ultra balls)

If you like Breakpoint Lapras, you're going to love Steam Siege Talonflame. One more health. Zero retreat cost. Deals 40 damage instead of zero. Searches for two cards without any restrictions on what kind. This card is seriously nuts.

Mostly this, you want lvl balls to search for froakies and your first frogadier and your dive balls to search up those pokes plus greninja and greninja break. The break deck goes all in on greninja/break so you run 3-4-4-3 (froakie,frogadier,greninja,break) and 4 talonflame to help you search out whatever poke or trainer support/item you need in your hand next turn with 40 DMG a turn to boot. You only run 10-12 energy because you have three different cards to recycle energy/pokes back from the discard pile. Since you have nothing but cards that search for what you want and what you want the decks biggest weakness is RNGeesus. If you don't mind losing because the cards just fell wrong and you didn't get what you needed at the right time its super fun to play in standard and extended.

Also forget articuno, with 0 retreat cost you can water shuriken, retreat, water shuriken, then return an energy for the bonus damage/have a water energy for your shuriken retreat shuffle next turn for up to 200 DMG per turn which is an instant knockout for most pokemon and with rough seas out along with 3 breaks any attack that does less than 90 damage does nothing because by the time they get back into play they will each have full health again. This is why we don't do lapras or articuno, talonflame does the same thing in one poke plus more. That being said I have seen greninja break decks that run octillery to refill their hands I just don't think they are better than a good split of N + juniper/sycamore with ace trainer.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 9, 2016

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've gotten a few other EXs from packs and stuff but IDK if I can trade any of them? Gotten them all from Trainer challenge. What kinds of packs should I be trying to open? Just Steam Siege?

Free packs? Breakpoint for greninja break and steam siege for talonflame. Real packs? Never ever. You trade them for cards you need to play. The cards you get from free packs are not trade able. If you want you can get all the froakie/frogadier/greninja you need to play from 2 copies of the greninja theme deck so only 1000 coins.

Greninja break runs 7-8 packs, talonflame is 2 packs, everything else is 1 pack or less with most of the trainer cards being vital to at least 1 other kind of deck.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 9, 2016

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Doesn't the Greninja deck (the G/W one) have the other kind of Greninja? Or did I buy the wrong theme deck. :downs:

The one w/ water shuriken is a 1 of in the extended deck BC its not standard legal and shadow stitch is more important on top of being 10 more damage. Its not as much of a free roll as garbador but it does a good enough impression to win some games.

Ou7c4st.com has a good deck list posted up, the only change I want to make is +1 Pokemon ranger or a card that finds it but I don't know what to cut.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 9, 2016

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Jeezy creezy is the third tier of the ladder something crazy. No more joke decks and way less 1-2 turn Adolph quitlers feeding me free points. Greninja break is fun but I'm looking for something more consistent now that I'm at the big kids table. Is it like magic where I will save money in the long run by playing extended/modern more or are the rotations long enough that they are close in cost over time? I know I'm asking similar questions over and over but I'm having anxiety about buying cards that won't last BC I'm a huge nerd

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

So I was snowed in sat morning and I joined a que for the pikachu box/sleeve tourney trying to be the 8th to join in, missed the mark and was 1st in the new que. Cue my panic attack. After chilling the gently caress out I hopped into the next open que and took it down 3-0 with my greninja break deck. Round 1 was a freebie. Round 2 I beat volcanion EX. Round 3 was treavant break and it was a doozy fighting through the item lock but a t1 talonflame made it work and by the time I broke the item lock through 2 recovery scarves I was all gas and energy to close out the game. Are the pikachu box/sleeves worth anything? If not I'm going to build darkrai EX for legacy BC gently caress paying for celebi primes and I already have 2 darkrai EX's and mew two ex's.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fritzler posted:

I played three times with a Volcanion deck. I would have won the last time except I accidentally clicked the wrong Pokémon after my second to last one got knocked out. The other two times I got knocked out in the first and second rounds by Night March decks. I'd never seen a deck like that. Oh well, I was able to trade the packs I got for some rares to make better decks. I was able to trade the uncommon box I got for quite a few trainers I need. Are those normally considered good? I've gotten a few before and got garbage out of them so I just decided to trade it.

I knew Shaymin Ex was good before this tournament, but I didn't realize exactly how good until this tournament (I started playing a week ago after playing not very seriously when I was younger). I really want one now.

What's your disposable income look like? I traded $60 worth of magic cards for a case of booster pack codes and you can do the same if you're willing to st. Cloud it up and just pay .50-.75 cents a pack. Shaymin EX go for 18-25 SR packs so $17.50 ea @ .75 per sr pack. I haven't successfully done it yet but my dream is to trade paper cards for codes and double dip on good sealed product because I'm far too old to play this game f2f with anyone.

That being said, there are a couple good decks that don't use Shaymin in standard right now. Yanmega break is one that I really like that requires a bit of finesse but not super Deep Pockets to play. Check the official website for deck lists, that's where I got my greninja break list from worlds this year but I think London was the most recent event.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 20, 2016

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Started playing this again after several months. I really didn't have any focused decks and any deck I had was just cobbled together with whatever pokemon & items I had and never really felt like I was getting enough with what I had. Found a budget bisharp deck that I've been enjoying a lot though. People don't expect their EX's to get hit for 200 with 1 energy!

Post a deck list? I feel like budget pokemon decks are actually p abundant they are just less discussed than whatever mega pokemon deck is flavor of the week.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hmVZqaNxGc

http://pastebin.com/y1fA7QMt

Some of the cards you might have difficulty trading for if you dont have packs like octillery or the mew.

I dunno, after getting a quote for 175 packs for the non poke part of legacy darkrai I think anything under 20 packs is pretty budget and decks up to 100 are just normal good decks but I'm new here so that might be crazy

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Shaymin EX should be 25 packs of RS tops, I see them in public trade for 18-24 rs packs, but getting the rs packs is the problem. I have 2-3 boxes of packs worth .5 towards a shaymin but I'd rather buy into legacy at this point. I was thinking darkrai ex but if anyone has any recommendations that don't involve celebi prime or tropical beach I'm all ears.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fritzler posted:

I hate you so much. I'm past 70 with 0. I just want two...

I'm at 1 shaymin in about 25 or so RoS packs. I'm prob going to buy at least 1 box to open and get pack codes and 1 box to keep for later from the reprint run.

Anyone interested in going in on a case of RoS?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fritzler posted:

The Ex Pokémon for thieves ladder is very good: Landorous-Ex. He's only legal in expanded and legacy, but still awesome. The other cards aren't bad (archeops, donphan). On a very related note - does anyone who has been playing for longer have extra copies of Korrina or Focus Sash that they would like to trade me? I have some Evolutions packs and a random smattering of other packs.

Also super happy news: on ROS pack 97 I got a Shaymin!

I def have a korrina for you, got any FC packs?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fritzler posted:

Right now I have 2 Fates Collide, 2 Emerging Powers, 3 Ancient Origins, 1 Steam Seige for trade. I can try to trade for some others. Uncommon trainers I'm looking for:

1 Korrina, 2 Puzzle of Time, 4 Focus Sash, 2 Magnetic Storm. Any deal you can make for those?

I wish I had more but I only have 1 Korrina and 1 magnetic storm, I can do both for 1 AO and 1 FC pack NP. IGN: Nosferatusoon I just put both up for trade

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just got the secret rare Mewtwo EX..from the daily login pack so its trade locked

I know it kind of feels bad at first because you can't trade it but really the pokemon people just gave you a free Mewtwo EX to use whenever you want to, in Vs ladder games, tournament events, against your friends, all for the price of logging in today to play the game. It's actually at least mildly cool to pretty awesome imo

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fritzler posted:

Would you do those two for 1 of those packs?

whats your IGN? I can prob do it for the ao pack and a loose spare poke you have

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fritzler posted:

FunkmasterFritz. Just sent you a friend request.

sent a trade your way. And if anyone is on tonight and wants to jam some games just shoot me a msg

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 16, 2017

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fritzler posted:

Accepted! I just got some free Evolutions packs from the ladder. I made out like a bandit. FA Mewtwo Ex, 2 Machamp Breaks, FA Pidgeot Ex, and Regular Dragonite Ex. Not the best cards ever, but now I feel really obligated to make a Machamp BREAK deck. There goes all my luck for Sun and Moon boosters (only really want Lurantis GX but still).

Machamp break is def more sweet than powerful but it forces some mental math gymnastics that will cost your OP the game if they gently caress it up. Its tier 2-3 but carbink is for reals and so is Lucario/regirock EX paired with special fighting energy and your choice of a fighting fury belt or muscle arm band. I think you will enjoy piloting it.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yeah it was pretty great. you got a semi random 22 card deck with 2 types and 4 boosters. I got fighting/psychic with the oranguru holo and crobat absolutely destroyed if you could get it set up. It being my first time playing I lost like 3 rounds by forgetting to play my prize cards at the start.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.neta/wiki/Crobat_(Sun_%26_Moon_56)

Sick pulls! Are the rules really that strict at pre release??? I get its a procedural rules violation but for God's sake it's a pre-release, don't they just have an allowance for shuffling up and then dealing your prize cards and beginning the game? This is why computer based tcg play will always be superior, except time clocks, gently caress that noise.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

To be fair it was a few turns in when it happened and I wasn't the only one who forgot to do it.

I would forget too, I only play online BC its super free and I thoroughly enjoy having that kind of thing automated for me.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Robokomodo posted:

I'm very new to this game. It seems like a lot of decks is just a race to power up your ex's and crush. I noticed I have one or two cards that allow me to take no damage from ex's. is there a list somewhere of all of them?

Personally I like the carbink/garchomp deck but machamp EX is also good with carbink. Special fight energy paired with fighting fury belts and power bands does work. Carbink is a basic poke that takes no dmg from EX pokes and garchomp is a stage 2 but depending on how much you like gabite and living dangerously you could swap in 4 rare candy for 4 gabites. I think both builds have their pros and cons, consistency vs taking extra turns because fighting pokemon dont get a forest of giant plants.

Also does anyone have a list for the extended version of the Espeon/umbreon deck? I broke down and bought my second Shaymin-EX and a Jirachi-EX along with some trevenants to finish Trev Break and scooped up some super cheap Esp/Umbreons because I have had such a bad time playing against it I want in now. This will bring my extended deck count to 4! Greninja Break, M Audino EX, Trevenant Break and whatever Evee nonsense I get together.

Also if anyone is looking for cards, especially staple trainers like Vs seeker, Poke balls, battle compressors, N, sycamore etc I am chock full of them and need sun and moon packs if anyone is trying to make decks because I know how annoying it is to look in trade for staple cards and see only awful gouging offers for basic cards. IGN is Nosferatusoon if you want to check out my binder. I'll prob read this thread before I get curious enough to accept random friend req's so a pm or a name drop here helps but ymmv

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 12, 2017

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

wisdomHNOX posted:

Still pretty much an auto loss to Deci-Plume. Really solid matchups against everything else. I can count on one hand the number of Grass decks I have run into in the last 3-4 days though. I'm not sure if I'm just lucky, or if it's just not as popular online as it is in the physical card game.

I'm just so happy my deck is back! Im going to see if I can spec on some g breaks tonight bc im awful. Hello ladder my old friend!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

If anyone needs trainers or non computer search level cards I usually keep a pretty good stock from picking up rando trades when I see decent deals, just add Nosferatusoon and hit me up in chat. Also always down for standard and expanded games if I am on. I also have a Brazilian friend who sells cards for cash because the exchange rate is crucial so he never overcharges and keeps an insane inventory.

Also I love Donald at dark integral Gaming's video's and you all can profit from my desire to play dumb empoleon decks. Currently looking for 4 piplup and empoleons and 2x glaceon gx.

I get my packs on facebook because top tier packs cost .40 and less desirable packs go for .05-.10. I got over a case of Gri codes when I popped my rainbow lele out of a random Casey's pack, most paper only players will pay double in pack codes for cards if they don't play online.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 21, 2018

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Even at 3 star I still did well. Now I'm a joke and really starting to wonder just how badly I'll get stomped at regionals next month.

That little golden "advantage" ball that sometimes shows up at the start of the match, the advantage goes to the player with the better elo rating. You are not imagining it, first day of the new ladder every serious player is grinding for the full art card at the end. You are facing off against the sweatiest of the grognards like me running my turbodarkrai deck into anything that moves too fast under bright light. Give it a couple days and it will settle down some, off peak hours help too if you can swing it.

What I want to know is if it is just elo sorting or if being on the first/second leg of the ladder matches you up against other players on the same leg.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

See, this "well, actually you're just finally playing against the real players" is exactly the problem. I'm realizing a little too late that I kind of suck.

Oh, yeah, maybe not, then. Max Elixir's gonna be important, though.

Not the "real players" the ringers that drop $50+ on in game packs every set and probably more on chase rares like lele and Shaymin. The more you play the more accurate your elo and the less likely you run into spikes with rainbow foiled decks. Also, despite being a kids card game Pokemon is pretty complex and totally not magic or any other game. I've been in for probably a year now but when I started I had trouble winning the Pre con league games until I pushed myself into a real deck (greninja break) and got a better feel for the flow of the more competitive games.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm going to the Portland Regionals next month. I will be running into exactly those kinds of players.

Jam those games and git Gud! Seriously though there is a learning curve to this and you're only human. For me it helps to set non win loss oriented goals, after a long game the other night my goal is to streak as many games in a row where I don't play cards, evaluate the game state and then realize I just threw away a win because my sequencing was incorrect.

Maybe your goal is to just finish out the tournament, play all your games for the experience, no dropping out because your record. TBH you are talking about playing in a large, full day event. Maybe some FNM type events at your flgs are the recipe for a good day at regional?

Also Matsuri that deck looks fun and the sad face from a home brew def gets a high five from me my friend. IGN is Nosferatusoon if you want to run that into some standard decks and test it.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 22, 2018

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I mean, I've been playing competitive card games on and off for something like a decade now, I'm just not as confident about my Garchomp deck as I was a couple weeks ago.

Elo is one thing, rngeesus is another. I believe in you, do all the things. For real though, Garchomp is good, you are good, it's all good.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Friday night Is the wife's study group so I'm going to around in about an hour if anyone wants to jam some games in tonight.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Matsuri posted:

I think I'd want more than one Lele just to be on the safe side. If she's prized away, she's not much of a help because she's a setup for a finishing sweep.

Oricorio could be good! Situational for sure so it'd definitely be a one-of, especially since it wouldn't be that great until the game has worn on for a while anyway, but I'm sure the situations where it's good will be stellar.

I really like you look deck and Necrozma is just what the doctor ordered. I think it's worth checking oricorio out as a fun of

Good games tonight, goli/garb is as close to the sun as fly as far as energy goes, I'm stupid for consistency ever since they made me play all those coin flip decks in the precon league.

Anyone have 4x weavile line or 4 piplups/empoleons? I also need 4x Cynthia and if anyone has it 4x of the garchomp line. I have up and gr packs

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Matsuri posted:

Man, if only I hadn't thrown away my turn mega-evolving Gardevoir. I so did not notice you blew my spirit link away. Ah well, misplays are how you learn. Good games.

That second blower was such lucksack nonsense

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Matsuri posted:

I've stupidly spent so much on packs trying to pull a Lele.

How do I get one?

I pull it from a tradelocked 200 coin pack.

Nice! Who cares, it's a free lele! Is that three? I think there is like one deck total that runs four so now go hog wild!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

gently caress, I might need to try that out.

I traded the packs matsuri traded me for the shell of the deck, got a list? I saw Donald playing the deck on stream and it seemed pretty fun.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Tyma posted:

No idea who came up with it, but it was posted a few pages ago, and it's one of my favorite TCG decks of all time. It's super elegant, has a decent toolbox, can fetch solutions, and deals 220 damage every turn.

Carbink gets the job done, although I was kind of expecting to buy some GX thing with a massive attack, using the 40 Guardians Rising packs I've amassed, while playing this thing ^^;

4 x Talonflame (Aero Blitz)
1 x Carbink (Safeguard)

4 x Gible (Ascension)
2 x Gabite (Ascension)
4 x Garchomp (Royal Blades)

2 x Riolu (Detect)
2 x Lucario (Precognitive Aura)

1 x Field Blower
2 x Professor's Letter
4 x Puzzle Of Time
4 x Rare Candy
1 x Rescue Stretcher
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Cynthia
1 x Guzma
3 x Professor Sycamore
1 x Wally
3 x Choice Band
2 x Escape Board

4 x Double Colorless Energy
7 x Fighting Energy

Gonna build it later today when I login to redeem some pack codes thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I know this probably isn’t the correct thread but I couldn’t find one in Traditional Games. I saw something today about values of older Pokémon cards and found that I have a Switch card with the misprint on it. Does anyone know where I could go to find a price for it?

If I were you my clothes probably wouldn't fit and I would ask in one of the facebook groups for trading rare/misprint cards or ask my favorite tcg streamer for advice. Also, nice find friend!

• Locked thread