Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
As someone who messes around with the theme deck format, but is still pretty clueless in general, what are some good core cards to pick up if I was looking at constructed but didn't know what to play?

I've got like one shaymin ex and I think a reasonable trainer selection but have no idea what I want to build so I'm trying to play it super safe. Apologies if this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
I haven’t played in a while, but I was wondering. Is there any kind of workable deck with the sun and moon eevee?

I’m a big fan of eeveelutions but with only three available it doesn’t seem that great.

Edit: three in standard anyway.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010

Lorak posted:

Espeon GX can pull its weight well, enacting Confusion with 30 damage for a single Energy... or at least could, until everyone and their grandma started running Guzma, which clears the Special Condition. Divide GX still pairs nicely with spread-damage decks (Tapu Koko, etc.) and Espeon EX to devolve Pokemon into having too few HP to avoid being Knocked Out.

If you want to get obscure, there is an Umbreon promo still legal in Standard.

I actually have a trade locked one of those from somewhere? But yeah... I can't see myself putting it in over the GX.
Thanks for the advice and stuff guys - I just put together an expanded Umbreon GX/Espeon GX with the type granting eeveelutions. Its a fun-ish deck but not great I guess. I may have built it badly and it turns out somebody has a great version though.

I think I'll just get some codes and trade for some standard decks now. Is there a goon discord for this or is it way too dead a thread to have anything like that?

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
I picked up Clanging Thunder as I have an electric and dragon challenge - naturally I only draw Type Null and the shellos line for literally three games in a row.

Is there a recommended trader for getting cards from? I have a random selection of packs and wasn't sure how the general PTCGO population would take to trading decks for anything outside of the latest couple of sets.

• Locked thread