Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Is the new theme deck worth getting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I consider that a win. Those energy are cool as hell.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Storm_Rider_(TCG)

This one has the most gen 1 pokemon.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Water shuriken is indeed great. That's what makes Greninja-break so fun. If you put Greninja break on a water shuriken greninja, you'll be able to use both a 30 damage shuriken, and a 60 damage shuriken.

As for pokemon count, 4 of the good frogadier (clone) is pretty important. The way this deck gets to play its greninjas is through a wall of frogadiers.

As for your Trainers, you need more ways to draw cards. The game provides you with a ton of utilities to do that. Professor Sycamore, N, and Ace Trainer are all amazing cards. VS seeker is also an insanely good card, so you probably want 4 of those. This isn't particular to this deck, it's just that there are some cards that belong in almost every deck.

Great ball just isn't a very good card in general. You'd probably be better off with ultra balls, or level balls, or really just cutting them.
Healing Scarf doesn't really do much for you. Your greninjas take one energy to be fully powered up, and you want to be spending all of your spare energy on water shuriken and not healing.
3 Giovannis is way to many. It already takes a lot to make it do work (especially without any ultra balls)

If you like Breakpoint Lapras, you're going to love Steam Siege Talonflame. One more health. Zero retreat cost. Deals 40 damage instead of zero. Searches for two cards without any restrictions on what kind. This card is seriously nuts.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Since you seem like you're not really sure of the best way of getting these cards: The best way to get tradable packs while playing online is to play tournaments. I'd recommend theme deck tournaments, since you're not at a disadvantage because of your collection, but the theme deck tournaments right now have really bad payouts (the payout structure cycles as time goes on). Either wait until theme deck tournaments have an entry in tickets and a payout in packs, or try your hand at another format. It really only costs you your time to try, as tournament tickets are hilariously easy to accumulate.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Take you standard greninja break and play it in expanded.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Caecitas posted:

A question for PTCGO vets – What do you do with all your tradable commons/uncommons? I’ve got an ocean of low value cards, and while I’ve had it recommended to me that you can post trades for boosters in return for huge bundles of cards, I’ve had no luck with that approach thus far.
Thanks in advance.

Put trades up for uncommon chests, trade the chests for other cheap cards.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Captain Fargle posted:

If you think Tapu Lele GX is bullshit you should look up regular Tapu Lele! That thing is very much banned from play.

What?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Captain Fargle posted:

That's the one!

That card was not banned for power level reasons. It was because it didn't yet have an english printing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Matsuri posted:

What deck is that? I'm intrigued.

Probsbly night march.

• Locked thread