Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ah yeah, it's that game I collected and never played as a child. Even had a foil Charizard that everyone went insane over. Might as well take the leap now, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

I've been toying with the deck more, dropped the lovely Garchomp, and this is the version I'm actually running on PTCGO, so far.

##Pokémon - 9

* 1 Tauros-GX
* 2 Alolan Vulpix BUS-27
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI-21
* 2 Alolan Ninetales
* 1 Alolan Ninetales-GX
* 1 Lapras
* 1 Manaphy-EX

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 1 Aqua Patch
* 2 Max Elixir
* 1 Brooklet Hill
* 1 Evosoda
* 1 Weakness Policy
* 4 Professor's Letter
* 2 Rescue Stretcher
* 3 Wally
* 1 Lana
* 2 Wishful Baton
* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 2 Nest Ball
* 2 Skyla
* 1 Field Blower
* 1 Guzma
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt
* 2 Misty's Determination
* 2 Judge
* 1 Town Map
* 1 Big Malasada
* 2 Professor Kukui
* 2 Energy Retrieval

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy
* 7 Water Energy

Still lacking some things (I'd kill for a Lapras-GX and more GRI Vulpix), but decent for the most part. Another Guzma would be nice, too. Wishful Baton is great on Ninetails to keep momentum after she drops, Fighting Fury Belt is mostly for Tauros and Manaphy, Tauros especially loves the extra HP.

I miss Dive Balls. :saddowns:

Yo, thanks for posting this list. I just recently got into this game and this list is doing work, it's a lot of fun making the jump from theme decks to actual standard decks.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Mewtwo kept healing itself since Damage Change swaps damage counters but due to Ninetales being immune to effects, the counters were never placed on it and Mewtwo went back down to zero damage. And they never swapped out Mewtwo.

Eventually my opponent decked out. It was a hell of a match. :geno:

Ramos fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 19, 2017

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

How's Lugia working for you? I considered it, but it didn't seem worth it.

It's occasionally okay but there's way more GX pokemon running around than EX ones. I just don't have anything better in that slot right and when it gets to do its job, it does it decently enough. Out of my collection, I've also been thinking about sliding in Pidgeot EX, Oranguru, or even Hawlucha just for the utility.

Haven't lost a game yet though since versus on my current level is just EX and GX clownfests that Ninetales runs right over.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 19, 2017

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Steadily climbing my way into a playable deck on the online client, traded for some Guzmas and wow, it's basically like going from a scooter to rocket ship in terms of the difference it makes. Sure, having moves that reach back and hit pokemon on the bench are alright but usually do 50 damage at most, this just lets me yank that GX sitting back there and get rid of it for good. Not to mention I don't have to spend the entire game widdling down their entire team now.

PMush Perfect posted:

I'd definitely consider Oranguru over a just-because Lugia.

Edit: For one thing, an Oranguru on your bench is actually useful.

Yeah, I did the swap. Oranguru's basically better in every instance anyhow with how versatile his attack is.

• Locked thread