Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Oh man that was my jam a while ago.

Considering reinstalling :negative:

How easy is it to just grind up while f2p? I remember it being pretty limited back in the day, but that was like 2 years ago, so it's probably changed a lot.

EDIT: Nice, gonna download then. Hoping I can remember my old account too :)
Says volumes that I'm downloading an F2P version of Pokemon, instead of Magic Online, on a whim. Fix your poo poo, Wizards.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This is a bummer. Installed the client, and the login I remember is apparently invalid. And the website requires an e-mail, but doesn't accept any of the e-mails that I could've used.

At the same time, my username is apparently taken, so the account does exist. :wtc:

Is there a support chat or something that I can contact?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elblanco posted:

I some how didn't even think to use puzzles. I'll have to see how many I have. I've been having amazing pulls. FA darkrai and Skylar turned into 12 rising skies packs and 7 breakpoint packs, pulled 2 shaymins and a fa mega scizor which became 7 breakthrough packs which opened a photon wave mewtwo and fa mega howndoom. I wish I could afford real packs atm cause my luck is nuts.

I presume Mega Scizor is good? I have no idea about the meta, but I think I pulled one earlier from one of the free packs or something. Untradable though. :(

Also, I said so in IRC, but I love it how you rip open the package, then click on your rares/foils to reveal them.

And shout outs to the help I got about my account, it was a bit roundabout, but I worked it out in the end. :unsmith:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

M-scizor EX can tank night march pretty well, especially if it has a fighting fury belt attached (220 hp with a relevant resistance and no relevant weakness is tough) but it seems really bad vs fire dogs.

I imagine there's a Zoroark/Bronzong/M Scizor-EX control deck with mega turbos and max potions.

In fact if I had the scizors I'd probably try it out because the entei matchup is probably not that bad.

You had me at "Steel Control deck"

One thing I dislike with low-power play (in all/most card games) is how fights are slogs. "Oh I did some damage to your guy, oh you hit my dude, let's wait for 4 energy so I can use my only attack". Then again, the actual RPG is similarly slow, so it's accurate :v:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is there a metagame primer for this game (what with the rotation and all)? I tried watching a video or two, but they presume a tiny bit of knowledge that eludes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I should wait until after rotation to make any purchases right? See how stuff shapes up, and figure out I can start buying the latest pack?

EDIT: I opened two Roaring Skies packs, no Shaymin, this game sucks. :saddowns:

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 11, 2016

• Locked thread