Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Just want to post a new player (longtime mtg player) experience. I bought the paper Mewtwo vs. Darkrai Battle Arena decks and have been wrecking vs mode in the expanded format with the Mewtwo deck after stuffing in more Bats and removing the Grumpigs and some other stuff. From what I can see the Battle Arena deck contains a lot of valuable cards for deckbuilding in general as well. I can't bring myself to do the trainer challenges with theme decks, they all just seem sub-par. I wish there was a straight overhead view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
I've been trying to figure out the best way to do that since I don't know anything about energy curves in this game.

I've basically focused on maxing out the bats (4zubat, 3golbat, 3crobat is a good ratio?) and ways to recur them back into my hand with AZ or Devolve sprays. Are there other good cards for this purpose?

Why is Sycamore better then Shauna? 2 cards more for dumping your hand rather then shuffling back in seems worse.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Ah makes sense thanks for clarifying I've been running both at the moment and couldn't decide which was better really. I'm at 4 tickets currently before I can try an event and want to prepare beforehand.
What's the best way to figure out energy curves when adding in more types beyond 1 type+normal?

Also I can't believe how freely they give out boosters for playing, it's awesome. I actually found out about the game through boogie2988 showing up in my youtube suggestions list because of pokemon go stuff(I am forever shamed) and didn't believe that they would give out so much for free.

• Locked thread