Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

PJOmega posted:

That was the original plan but finding physical players is apparently difficult. That or they're little kids who get dropped off for a couple of hours and I'm not gonna go up and offer them cash for toys.

I've found a lot of places have a "parents league" who originally came with their kids and then started playing to pass the time. All the one's I have been part of are also very open to non-parents kicking it with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Do we have a non online thread somewhere? I got lucky enough in my minimal sun and moon / guardians rising physical purchases to have the majority of a good Garbodor deck already and am thinking about starting to play in person.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Moriatti posted:

There's not enough players I think. If you're in the Delmarva area, I'll play you with my Expanded format Rayquaza deck but that's about it.

Nah, I'm down in Atlanta and there is a robust scene around here.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

PMush Perfect posted:

Alternatively, if you have more money than patience, you can buy pack codes online for like $0.75 each. Drop $10 on codes in a good pack, and you should be able to pull at least a couple nice bargaining chips to trade for what you need.

Dog, if you are paying 75 cents a pack for normally distributed packs that is way to much, although it is legit for stuff like Shining Legends.

Looking at Guardians Rising right now on eBay, if you buy 100 codes they go for about 40 cents each. You can find better deals, but usually not as big bulk.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

numerrik posted:

What’s the best bang for my buck with poke coins in the shop? Decks I presume? If so which should I prioritize getting and if not what is?

Guardians Rising packs or wait until Ultra Prism next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Captain Fargle posted:

Is there a recommended place to shop if I wanted to bulk buy a bunch of codes? I'd really like one of those new Prism Star Diancies for my Crabominable deck.

https://deaddrawgaming.com/collections/ptcgo-code-cards

I've never had a problem with this guy or ebay

• Locked thread