Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I know this is very anecdotal, but in my last job (in which I spent 4 years) I was part of the director's board, the company had about 50 employees. Half the director's board was women in their 30s-40s, but the owner of the company and single investor was a massive misogynistic prick. Like, he literally told some of these female directors that they were subhuman. In a joking tone, but it was still very repulsive and one of the reasons I left.
I hired a lot of people, and had access to most financial records so I knew how much everyone made, and yes, there was a wage gap. The problem seems very complex though - women applicants, when asked to provide a pretended remuneration, always gave lower numbers than men with similar or lower experience. There was also massive underrepresentation of women in certain high-paying fields (programming, IT) and overrepresentation in other low-paying ones (sales), but this was just one of many factors and, when corrected, the gap was still there and still noticeable.

During my time there I was exposed to tables full of old rich white guys (owner's friends) and they were all male, white, old, and made fun of women. So yeah it's all terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread