Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Is orange essence useful in any way now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Are login servers borked right now? I can't get in at all

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pahuyuth posted:

It literally hasn't changed, AFAIK

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

pahuyuth posted:

Skin shards from boxes.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Emery posted:

The resigned "...okay" at the end is the most support player thing I've ever heard and it's perfect

That was our midlaner

Tired Moritz posted:

killgoldfish has a cute voice
:3:

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Rygar201 posted:

It literally hasn't changed, AFAIK

The only change was that disenchanting skin shards now gives less OE.
(So any OE earned previously still has the same value.)

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Smite is a noob trap

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im sure we all dont play that often anymore since we're all fifty or whatever

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Tired Moritz posted:

Im sure we all dont play that often anymore since we're all fifty or whatever

I'm sorry sonny, could you speak up? My hearing isn't what it used to be

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
You owe it to yourself to play ap teemo right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvK_qh65Bms

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Can I get some words about Shyvana? I've been trying to play her but I'm not doing so great. I read some guides and they basically say she jungles really fast so you should be focusing on rushing lvl6, not ganking and farming the enemy jungle as well.

The problem is I can't seem to do it effectively. My jungling isn't that fast, I can rarely find an uncleared enemy jungle camp and not ganking just leads to my teammates raging endlessly at me because 'how dare I not gank, the enemy Twitch is ganking mid every minute and no I won't buy a control ward I am not a support'.

I'll post a replay sometime if someone wants to watch, but really just some general pointers would help a lot. I think part of the problem is I just don't know how to play her mid/late game now that she's squishier than last season, but I'm still sure I'm not jungling efficiently.

Elman fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 17, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
how come theres loads of bird champs but only one frog champ and its not really even a frog its some other thing!!!!!!!

EvilUrchin
Jun 13, 2007

Sigmar's Fist: 5 Star Crash Rating

Elman posted:

Can I get some words about Shyvana? I've been trying to play her but I'm not doing so great. I read some guides and they basically say she jungles really fast so you should be focusing on rushing lvl6, not ganking and farming the enemy jungle as well.

The problem is I can't seem to do it effectively. My jungling isn't that fast, I can rarely find an uncleared enemy jungle camp and not ganking just leads to my teammates raging endlessly at me because 'how dare I not gank, the enemy Twitch is ganking mid every minute and no I won't buy a control ward I am not a support'.

I'll post a replay sometime if someone wants to watch, but really just some general pointers would help a lot. I think part of the problem is I just don't know how to play her mid/late game now that she's squishier than last season, but I'm still sure I'm not jungling efficiently.

Well a couple of things, first off Shyvana is indeed a very potent counter jungler so in order to find those uncleared camps you'll need to try and control vision in the enemy jungle as hard as possible, which in solo queue is gonna be your job since you sadly can't expect much support from your team with that. As for ganking, Shyvana has a bit of trouble with it sure but if your laners have hard crowd control then have a go anyway, she's fast enough that you can make an attempt and then successful or not get right back to farming. Really though the main thing is vision control and tracking where the enemy jungler is as much as humanly possible.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Elman posted:

Jungle is for masochists, your team will always blame you no matter how much they poo poo up their own lanes, good luck

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
League of Legends S8: WE WANT FROGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hell yeah, that's my fetish.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Birds are cooler than frogs.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Do you reckon tahm and the gromp went to frog school together and the gromp hates kenchy cos he was always a total dick to him

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

Jungle is for masochists, your team will always blame you no matter how much they poo poo up their own lanes, good luck

It makes me sad. Ganking any lane usually requires that you gank twice (first to get rid of their Flash, and then now that they're actually alert since you've already tried to gank them once you have to do it again to actually kill them). You need to do this on all 3 lanes despite everyone having free wards and a free base teleport that they'll often use when their lane is pushed (and it's hard to tell when that's gonna happen, you have to walk to a lane that's about to be pushed and just kinda hope they won't simply TP away). And of course you have to win the jungle game at the same time ie farm efficiently, keep control of buffs/rift scuttlers/drake/herald, mess with the enemy jungler and countergank.

If any of the 3 lanes is lost it's your fault for not ganking enough, doesn't matter how hard your teammates get outplayed.

It's still my favorite role since messing with every lane and working towards my win condition since minute 1 is what I love the most about mobas... but gently caress, dude :arghfist::(

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lovechop posted:

how come theres loads of bird champs but only one frog champ and its not really even a frog its some other thing!!!!!!!

He's a bug

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Maokai top is absolutely bonkers

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Elman posted:

It makes me sad. Ganking any lane usually requires that you gank twice (first to get rid of their Flash, and then now that they're actually alert since you've already tried to gank them once you have to do it again to actually kill them). You need to do this on all 3 lanes despite everyone having free wards and a free base teleport that they'll often use when their lane is pushed (and it's hard to tell when that's gonna happen, you have to walk to a lane that's about to be pushed and just kinda hope they won't simply TP away). And of course you have to win the jungle game at the same time ie farm efficiently, keep control of buffs/rift scuttlers/drake/herald, mess with the enemy jungler and countergank.

If any of the 3 lanes is lost it's your fault for not ganking enough, doesn't matter how hard your teammates get outplayed.

It's still my favorite role since messing with every lane and working towards my win condition since minute 1 is what I love the most about mobas... but gently caress, dude :arghfist::(

What junglers are you playing? If you really want to gank a bunch then I don't really recommend shyvana. You should focus on more of a ganking jungler. Vi, Kha'Zix, and J4 might be good choices.

If you want to put in a bunch of time and get good with them, you could also try Elise or Lee Sin. But they have high skill floors.

e: You might also want to give Amumu and/or Rammus a try.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My favourite thing about jungling is when all 3 of my lanes are winning and I get to just farm and occasionally just scare the flash out of the enemy midlaner.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

What junglers are you playing? If you really want to gank a bunch then I don't really recommend shyvana. You should focus on more of a ganking jungler. Vi, Kha'Zix, and J4 might be good choices.

If you want to put in a bunch of time and get good with them, you could also try Elise or Lee Sin. But they have high skill floors.

e: You might also want to give Amumu and/or Rammus a try.

I was just generalizing, I don't try to gank that much with Shyvana. I play Amumu and Xin Zhao too.

I do mean to buy Kha'Zix and J4 but not before I can give them a try for free (and hopefully get a shard to drop).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elman posted:

It makes me sad. Ganking any lane usually requires that you gank twice (first to get rid of their Flash, and then now that they're actually alert since you've already tried to gank them once you have to do it again to actually kill them).

The thing you have to keep in mind is that blowing someone's Flash is an enormous victory. In a lot of cases, it's almost as good as killing them, especially as you get higher in the MMR brackets. Not having Flash means that player cannot extend far up the lane or else they risk being killed on a return gank, which provides a perfect opportunity for their opponent to execute a freeze on them. It also makes them more vulnerable to an all-in by their lane opponent(s), since their opponent(s) can use Flash to dodge critical skillshots, while they cannot. The effects of someone not having Flash are often subtle to observe, but they can have an enormous impact on how the game plays out.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Tahm kench is a catfish...

Orv
May 4, 2011

henkman posted:

I thought he was a demon or something. Obviously he should have a hot lady skin if Shadow of War taught us anything.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

henkman posted:

Yeah and Rammus is just an Armordillo

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

you cant just put two words together and say that it's an animal, henk

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I said "Azir is such a bullshit champ" on Faker's twitch and got permabanned WTF

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Tom Kench is a Catdog.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Shelvocke posted:

Maokai top is absolutely bonkers

I just played him into Talon and it wasn't a fun time. What rune setup are you using?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

I said "Azir is such a bullshit champ" on Faker's twitch and got permabanned WTF

무분별한 도배 행위시 시청에 불이익을 받으실 수 있습니다.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Some days you dont even want to wake up, everything is hosed.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vermain posted:

무분별한 도배 행위시 시청에 불이익을 받으실 수 있습니다.

내 좃 먹어

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lovechop posted:

you cant just put two words together and say that it's an animal, henk

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Leveled up, got Sivir, Olaf and Amumu shards

total BE was like 810 or something

what a joke

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Methanar posted:

Smite is a noob trap

What runes are you using?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Leveled up, got Sivir, Olaf and Amumu shards

total BE was like 810 or something

what a joke

My last 2 capsules were Jinx and Rek'sai which dusted for 1200 each. Sorry about your luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Big McHuge posted:

I just played him into Talon and it wasn't a fun time. What rune setup are you using?

Resolve, going grasp, unflinching, iron skin, second wind. Secondary I get manaflow and transcendence.

Into most matchups I get catalyst first, because it gives a gigantic amount of sustain. Maokai really shines in extended trades because of his passive.

Against talon I'd probably just go all in every time he tries fancy stuff, and try to w under his q's.

Saplings do a buttload of damage from a bush, so if you can preload them if you think they're going to try and trade, then drag the fight over that way.

• Locked thread