Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

RC Cola posted:

What runes are you using?

udyr doesn't need runes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

you can literally run every keystone on udyr and get use out of it. That being said, phase rush full AP udyr looks really fun. The movespeed is incredible and your turtle shields are pretty large, plus the 45% cdr build lets you double stack the turtle shields.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Evelynn is very strong, well, compared to all the broken poo poo in this patch, it may not seem so, but if her current numbers stay unchanged until the season begins, she will be very strong. The key to her is pathing, you need to know who you're playing against so you don't get cheesed early as she's one of the easiest champions to scare out of a buff, you also need to carefully plan your ganks so that you have plenty of open space to catch someone with before level 6. Empowered E follows people through blinks and dashes if you time it well, also you can use Q while doing it, that way you get a guaranteed mark on them so you can mash Q and be sure it will hit. The health regen from your passive is absurd, keep it in mind in fights.

The second you hit 6, the game just radically changes for you and you should actively just try to kill people every single time your ult is up. You don't even need your ult, your stealth and W mindgames are good enough to keep anyone on their feet, they'll run away if you curse them guaranteed, and since the range is gigantic you can just use it just to gently caress with people. If you can get some momentum, you will snowball, because every bit of AP on Evelynn turns her into a murder machine. Her ult is flat out one of the best in the game, the combination of execute with high ratios and base damage, that also makes you untargetable, that also blinks you 50% farther than a flash, that also puts you back in stealth makes you a huge threat to any squishies, and anybody surrounding them.

Itemization is Runic Echoes and Sorc Boots (prioritize them if you get a kill early), with a Hunter's Potion thrown in there to keep your mana replenished while you farm. Follow it up for a Lich Bane for the best burst, Protobelt for extra AoE in teamfights or Zhonya's if you're getting focused, top it up with a Liandry's and finish off with Rabadon's or Void Staff depending on how soft your targets are. Runes are Domination/Sorcery, with Electrocute (which you proc very easily with Q, each hit counting as a spellcast), Sudden Impact, Eyeball Collection, Relentless Hunter, Ultimate Hat and Celerity.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Encountered my first bug this patch-

was playing as Teemo with Aery and got a kill at around 8 minutes; Aery didn't come back until I died and respawned.

At first I thought maybe the enemy TP'd away and then died and Aery was just taking forever to come back across the map. Waited until about 15 minutes then killed myself at dragon to see if Aery would reappear after I respawned

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pahuyuth posted:

Encountered my first bug this patch-

I've been routinely having the problem where if I mess with a Runepage before queueing up, I'll be using that runepage in my next match instead of the one that's selected in my bar.

It's not gamebreaking but it is bad UX.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Monathin posted:

I've been routinely having the problem where if I mess with a Runepage before queueing up, I'll be using that runepage in my next match instead of the one that's selected in my bar.

It's not gamebreaking but it is bad UX.

I renamed one of my runepages after modifying it a bit at the champ select screen and that seemed to freak out the game a bit but not sure if that's new or not because beforehand I just had 12 different mastery sets to choose from not 4 I have to gently caress around with constantly.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

will smith is one of the best rappers of all time so lets talk about thresh. his winrate has actually been steadily going up, near 50% in general and his winrate goes up dramatically with games played... on the most played support(!! very important missed edit) champion right now. what are your favourite keystones to take on thresh?

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 18, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Guardian has gotta be the best one, gives him a free Janna shield and synergizes with his lantern’s “save the dipshit ADC” ability

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Guardian has gotta be the best one, gives him a free Janna shield and synergizes with his lantern’s “save the dipshit ADC” ability

I'd go Aftershock 100% of the time, since it gives a ridiculous number of free stats and perfectly synergizes with his intended playstyle (Q -> E -> R).

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

MF is funny as hell right now

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I do hope they do some further Armor adjustments and maybe tone down Lethality a little bit because having to rush Ninja Tabi 100% of the time in every single game against MF in bot so that I don't instantly die if I misposition once is tiresome.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
http://i.imgur.com/Qrprp4Z.mp4

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, to those that follow the devs, has there been any word on whether they like the preseason bursty nature of the game as-is or do they think people are a little squishier then they would like right now.

I'm finding when I'm playing damage dealers, I'm tossing my ult into the wind half the time because my target ended up getting 100% 0% from a regular rotation and I'm still on the last patch damage mindset and think I needed it to kill.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, to those that follow the devs, has there been any word on whether they like the preseason bursty nature of the game as-is or do they think people are a little squishier then they would like right now.

I'm finding when I'm playing damage dealers, I'm tossing my ult into the wind half the time because my target ended up getting 100% 0% from a regular rotation and I'm still on the last patch damage mindset and think I needed it to kill.
This is going to make it into the next season because they're so slow to patch things out, take advantage of that freelo with Shyvana and Udyr when the next season hits. They've traditionally ignored their balance team and shipped out bad patched for years now.

Usually if it hits the front page of Reddit they'll address things, but I think they're still trying to suck people in right now with a priority on the new essence system that this season is going to be broke as gently caress until around March

e: I knew people personally that worked on the balance team that quit because they were over-worked and nobody listened to them anyway so yah

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 18, 2017

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
the system is good and fun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

This is going to make it into the next season because they're so slow to patch things out, take advantage of that freelo with Shyvana and Udyr when the next season hits. They've traditionally ignored their balance team and shipped out bad patched for years now.

Usually if it hits the front page of Reddit they'll address things, but I think they're still trying to suck people in right now with a priority on the new essence system that this season is going to be broke as gently caress until around March

e: I knew people personally that worked on the balance team that quit because they were over-worked and nobody listened to them anyway so yah

Yeah, they been dropping the ball on balance issues it seems for the last year more then usual, release camille, the state of ardent censer for ages warping bot lane picks and games decided by who rushed it first, Ornn releasing with a 30% winrate and needing every stat and ability buffed, Galio Q hitting people for 3k damage every 4 seconds and a dev saying he is working as intended a day before a 66% hotfix nerf, Zoe about to come out and be Nidalee spears 2.0 and that's just off the top of my head.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hi please ignore the "ahri is a horny dominatrix" talk and please someone pat me on the head for my ult prediction ty
https://plays.tv/s/LVzg7mKFWOCK

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Zyra with Aery, Scorch and Cheap Shot is awesome... Not sure about Mana Band vs. Hat but I don't normally have much CDR as Zyra so any extra is welcome and mana issues go away before too long - all up to how long you think the game will go/if you can poke them out in lane (you can).

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

hi please ignore the "ahri is a horny dominatrix" talk and please someone pat me on the head for my ult prediction ty
https://plays.tv/s/LVzg7mKFWOCK

hard to tell from the vid but it looks like you ulted with your mouse right on top of her and she did the classic 'try to escape in a straight line" maneuver.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

As much as Methanar and I might want you to think Udyr is freelo, he's not. He does come in the top 10 best-performing junglers right now, but not nearly as highly performing as Rammus/Xin/Shyv who are all tearing it up with at or approaching 55% win rates. That said, the new rune system definitely favors traditional attack speed junglers who kick off fast clears into strong ganks (Udyr/Xin) or who can just power-farm even harder (Shyvana). The inherent buffs to Rammus alongside this, as well as Aftershock, are really pushing him over the top as a go-to jungler as well: he gets insanely strong mid-gank thanks to Aftershock + W, and his clear is actually a bit faster now.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Edit: forgot to quote Thresh post

It’s definitely Aftershock. Thresh’s big weakness has always been to bite off more than he can chew, in terms of engaging fights without the necessary tankiness to survive getting focused for more than half a second, so getting Leona W is just perfect for him.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mikujin posted:

As much as Methanar and I might want you to think Udyr is freelo, he's not. He does come in the top 10 best-performing junglers right now, but not nearly as highly performing as Rammus/Xin/Shyv who are all tearing it up with at or approaching 55% win rates. That said, the new rune system definitely favors traditional attack speed junglers who kick off fast clears into strong ganks (Udyr/Xin) or who can just power-farm even harder (Shyvana). The inherent buffs to Rammus alongside this, as well as Aftershock, are really pushing him over the top as a go-to jungler as well: he gets insanely strong mid-gank thanks to Aftershock + W, and his clear is actually a bit faster now.

I tried Rammus in a couple norms after getting tipped that he’s absurd right now, and folks... he is. Tanks who don’t build any damage st all should not be able to trivially 1v2 and kill an ADC when they’re not even ahead.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mikujin posted:

It isn't really a couple gimmick posters, anyone who is either good at Udyr or good at the Udyr playstyle are dominating right now. There's a reason why all of a sudden Trick2G is going heavy on solo queue again, and it's because split pushers are able to get away with their same bullshit they haven't been able to do for two years now and I guess people have just forgotten how to play against them. Doesn't hurt that there's barely any wrong way to build a split-pusher right now and tank junglers aren't bad either.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

When does the season actually end? I thought it would when the new runes came out, but apparently it's gonna keep going for a while.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The ranked season is over, but ranked remains open for people to play in during preseason because some people will not play outside ranked (similar to how Overwatch keeps competitive mode open between seasons because people would otherwise just stop playing). You're not going to get any more rewards for ranking up though as those have already gone out, but it is a way to improve your potential starting rank for the next season.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

VodeAndreas posted:

Zyra with Aery, Scorch and Cheap Shot is awesome... Not sure about Mana Band vs. Hat but I don't normally have much CDR as Zyra so any extra is welcome and mana issues go away before too long - all up to how long you think the game will go/if you can poke them out in lane (you can).

Yeah, it's really good. I'm having a hard time deciding between Aery and Comet -- I feel like the latter scales better into late, and actually has a pretty quick cd because you can refresh it so quickly, but the former's probably a better laning mastery. My instinct is that mana band is also more of a laning mastery, but idk.

Either way, she feels great to play now - everyone's so squishy, and Zyra's always been one of those champs where you can die and still do your job/get a bunch of kills. I feel like cheap shot wasn't doing quite as much damage as I'd hope (although still a good bit), but given you almost certainly want Zombie Ward it does seem like the best option. Zyra owns and everyone should play her~

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Honestly, the biggest reason to pick up Zombie Ward is that it dramatically extends the duration of your river trinket wards, since they'll leave behind a Zombie Ward when they die. You can continually force your opponents under turret and have basically perfect vision coverage unless the jungler roams down, kills the ward, then comes back for a second gank attempt.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
The best part about people picking Zyra is that I can play MF support again, which is the most fun.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/5yv0tj2J-quick-gameplay-thoughts-november-15

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

pog boyfriend posted:

will smith is one of the best rappers of all time so lets talk about thresh.
Is this a "Thresh Prince" joke?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Moatman posted:

Is this a "Thresh Prince" joke?

The Thresh Prince and Jazzy Jhin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

hard to tell from the vid but it looks like you ulted with your mouse right on top of her and she did the classic 'try to escape in a straight line" maneuver.

i think that only works on the minimap, but no i definitely was not targeting her character with the ult as that would be pretty optimistic that she wouldn't move

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

Honestly, the biggest reason to pick up Zombie Ward is that it dramatically extends the duration of your river trinket wards, since they'll leave behind a Zombie Ward when they die. You can continually force your opponents under turret and have basically perfect vision coverage unless the jungler roams down, kills the ward, then comes back for a second gank attempt.

Yeah, I've been thinking about switching to Zombie Ward over Eyeball collection a lot because Eyeball just doesn't give enough stats to be worth it, and vision is worth a thousand words. I'm gonna try that out later tonight.

Also Press the Attack Ashe is really good and very fun and unless someone gets really, stupidly tanky early you can basically go without a tank shredder item and even double up on lifesteal if you want for maximum stupidity.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Are there any exceptionally standout TT champs right now? I hate this game but I luhhhh TT

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

It isn't really a couple gimmick posters, anyone who is either good at Udyr or good at the Udyr playstyle are dominating right now. There's a reason why all of a sudden Trick2G is going heavy on solo queue again, and it's because split pushers are able to get away with their same bullshit they haven't been able to do for two years now and I guess people have just forgotten how to play against them. Doesn't hurt that there's barely any wrong way to build a split-pusher right now and tank junglers aren't bad either.

This is the short form of “aggressive junglers.”

And yes, that is true. Udyr, Xin, Warwick, and Shyv are all great at doing then 2-buff invade plan. Assuming you get the kill and steal at this juncture, as well, you can turn it into a ton of pressure on the opposing jungle, which translates into a lack of enemy jungle pressure on lanes.

As had always been the case, junglers can and do exert a lot of control on the game.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I'm getting an "unable to connect to authentication server" error when I try to login. The guide they provide to troubleshoot these issues wasn't helpful and the server status says its up. Anybody have any idea what could be causing this or anybody having the same issue?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

saltylopez posted:

I'm getting an "unable to connect to authentication server" error when I try to login. The guide they provide to troubleshoot these issues wasn't helpful and the server status says its up. Anybody have any idea what could be causing this or anybody having the same issue?

i tried and got the same error but also the client is acknowledging the error so i am gonna guess the issue is widespread

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Could be a stability issue of some sort, since they just took ranked queues down as well.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://plays.tv/video/5a112ccf556c8d863c/lethal-tempo-kass

https://plays.tv/video/5a10ef5cbc2426602c/gently caress-non-aggressive-junglers

Methanar fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
seems mediocre

• Locked thread