Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The Real League Thread Starts Here.

Where the gently caress is my Taric update already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Meth what happened to your cancer did you get super-effective fast forums Chemo?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Methanar posted:

It's stupid it doesn't do this.

It USED to do that. Which is the weird thing, because it was the one actual good thing about old Champ Select!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Put spears in mans, pull spears out of mans. Kalista.

(Also Xin.)

(And J4.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

He probably just needs a couple post-release QOL buffs. It's not like Azir where it's still impossible to balance him a year later. I've seen him be pretty drat effective with the right support botlane (much less so mid, and I don't think he's good there.) His main trouble is he takes turrets soooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly. Even if your team wins a fight he gets half the objectives a normal ADC would be able to off the back of it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ward debris spawns when a ward dies so if you're paying attention you can tell when an enemy ward expires and can relay that information to your jungler or roaming mid. "River ward's down" is useful info to pass along. Especially since they will likely move up to replace it which leaves them open to getting murdered if your guys move quick.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

WWII jokes are the height of internet humor. :what:

All the best league puns are available! You can be Dat Ashe!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah by the elo people can reliably dodge hooks that are derp-fired at them the Blitz player should be good enough to abuse terrain and fog of war to force people into flash-or-die situations pretty reliably. He's even played in competitive (rarely) as a niche-pick.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yes, all those sample sizes of one are very convincing data.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Huh. So if last year was the year of myths, is this the Year of Evil Bastards, because Jhin is all murder-man extraordinare and this guy seems pretty Smaug-inspired.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

There's two primary things to do with ZZ'rot.

The first is defensive. Drop it in a lane you don't think anyone's going to go to for a while, so like, drop it botlane if you want to Baron dance. It will autopush the lane FOR YOU so that the other team has to send someone back to clean up, don't put it forward of the river generally or it'll just get killed. If you have an inhibitor down, put it behind the downed inhibitor and it will defend the lane from superminions.

The second is offensive. When you are pushing a tower, put it behind you and it'll poop out minions that will help you take the tower. Simple, easy, but if you stop pushing it'll get instantly killed, so make sure it's a solid push.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Why does Gnar feel bad right now anyway, is it just that Fiora eats him alive or?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I got a Red post to say they are planning to do something for Taric similar to Fiora where there was a new skin soon after his relaunch whenever that is, so I have hope.

Really the sad thing is that Sion hasn't gotten any skins since his rework, but I think Sion is also the champion who is least played with a skin in the game. Which makes some sense to me because his base model is really drat good.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

kingcobweb posted:

I played more Willump than anyone in this thread I'm pretty sure and I've entirely abandoned the champ. His objective control is close to worthless right now

Is it just because the neutral objectives are worthless right now and the game is too short for the lead you get from them to matter because I love the yeti and I feel the same way. :(

e: Why yes Rito, I will take that free mecha ward, thanks! You can keep Special Forces Gangplank though.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I love all three of these videos.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I think there's just a definitely point of no return where a game is absolutely hosed, and people on your team are demoralized to point where they're just farming minions in a sidelane and not trying anymore. That's when you surrender, because you ain't winning with a demoralized team. Especially if the enemy team is deliberately styling on you, because that's just going to tilt you for the next game.

If your team is 0-15 and still actively trying to win, and making the plays they can, and chipping away at the enemy lead, then you should play that poo poo out.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I think it's just calculating the money based on RP spent, it doesn't seem to know how you got that RP. So it's probably not taking the coke points or free RP bonus points you get from large RP purchases or RP bonus sales into account. It's definitely overestimating what I've spent on it by a couple hundred, at least.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I feel like Test of Faith is kind of the lovely part of Illaoi's kit and it needs some work to make it more usable. Right now it creates a target dummy that basically baits your entire team into getting engaged on instead of being an actual threat to the enemy team. The debuff is annoying because it lasts much longer than it needs to but it doesn't actually give Illaoi any benefit for lasting that long. Cut the debuff duration significantly and make it more powerful up front and she'd probably be in a pretty good spot. Also I feel like you shouldn't be able to creep block it because literally every other ghost tentacle can go through minions just fine, and landing it right now is too hard for the benefit it gives.

Also I've heard that the target dummy gets doubled resistances which is why it's literally impossible to kill it if you accidentally pull a tank's soul. That thing should be pretty easy to kill regardless of who you pull, and right now if you didn't get a carry you might as well just ignore it. That's kinda bad.

Giving her a stun really isn't necessary, cleaning up her E and making it feel good would be fine.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Tales of Woe posted:

I understand why they made Zhonya's really stat-inefficient since the active is nuts, but I feel like it leaves an itemization gap that could be filled with another seeker's armguard upgrade that's more about the stats

Bring Moonflaire Spellblade to da rift IMO.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gridlocked posted:

Is Tham Kench just bad now?

I got 8k IP to spend and I was looking at picking up either Tham for Top/Support, Kindred for a new jungle experience or Bard because he looks mad fun to play.

Tahm's overnerfed, but he's one of those champs who will always be either broken or overnerfed. Kindred is a squishy finicky champion who has trouble fitting into most groups. Brad is awesome. Buy Brad.

You will hate Brad for like 10 games because everything you do is wrong, then you will love Brad forever. He's weird but he's balanced and once his kit 'clicks' with you it's really, really good. Also his base and skins are all good.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

slydingdoor posted:

Yeah I was unclear. First shutdown's 300 kill 150 assist 450 team so 900 total. Then the second's 300 kill 150 assist 150 team for 600 total. Sum 1500.

Thornmail's just not really a good item on supports and there's not much else to say about it. Maybe on a leona or braum as a last item if they're really fed but even then it's kinda questionable.

You're better off with components that have CDR on them like a glacial shroud because they give you more hooks and flays. Even if it's not a completed item it's still more useful to you than the thornmail would be, because as a support you're not "tanking" damage for long periods of time. You're either being ignored or being focused and dying within 2-3 seconds. Thornmail's efficient on beefy characters like rammus or poppy who have things on their kit that let them survive longer so the thornmail has more time to work, even while being focused they'll take 7-10 seconds to kill, more than double the length of time it will ever take to kill any support.

Kindlegems, codexes, and glacial shrouds are amazingly good buys in the midgame, don't think they aren't because they're components instead of completed items.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I was trying to think what it was that I liked so much about nu-Taric splash and I think it's the fact that he has an entirely unnecessary popped collar in between his warcraft shoulders.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Luna Was Here posted:

i think my favorite part is the massive erection it gives me that will no doubt be blueballed when riot teases him being a standard laner then promptly dumpsters his ratios and shoehorns him into obscure support position once again

Poppy, Naut, and Trundle do just fine as top and support, so it's perfectly doable. We'll just have to see.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It may not make you feel better Door Frame but the ten-cent art is meant as a temporary bandaid while they actually do new art because a lot of the old art was either bad or traced or both.

"temporary" of course, is gonna take a while given the whole 100 champion roster thing, but the plan isn't to keep the bad deviant-art splashes forever.

oh what the gently caress why'd they ruin Groovy Zilean this is a travesty.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 6, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I don't like new Grail. I feel like it's going to make solo lane Lulu even more of a problem in competitive and be completely underwhelming on everyone else, except MAYBE Karma.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The slow is real good and I say this as a player who detests anyone who plays blue Ezreal.

SKT Azir should be sweet, especially if they make it a not-cheapo skin. Only Elise actually looked cool out of the rest of them, which is sad because SSW's skins were all great.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

There was so much salt in post game. We were down 30 (160 to 190) and clinched it with two aces and some good capping. Ascension is my favorite game mode.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

slydingdoor posted:

Build defensive items like warmogs on Soraka when the enemy team actually smartly tries to kill you in ways that are difficult to outplay. If it's not like that--you can kite them out or your team pokes and their team doesn't, etc.--build a bunch of AP or utility items and coast to victory with your top tier WR top tier BR champion. If it is one of those games--their team pokes well, they have assassins you can't outplay or outward, they have a ton of aoe, etc.--go ahead and build warmogs or GA or whatever you need to stay alive and be Soraka, and carefully coast to victory.

This is all good, but I'll add that if you're getting focused out as Soraka you generally want to build to counter whichever diver is catching you out since it's probably the same guy consistently doing it. Leblanc going from 1-shotting me in a round of cooldowns/ignite to failing to do it at around 25-mins has won me a bunch of games, thanks to my best friend ZZ'rot portal.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

URF... really isn't all that fun. It's just whoever gets more of: Fizz, Alistair, Malzahar, and Maokai. Which is not to say your team couldn't have got them too, but your team is going to inexplicably get Heimerdinger, Vayne, and Illaoi 5 times in a row instead.

Bring back Ascension.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Morgana also shuts down the CC from a lot of those reworked mages, which are gonna be very popular. :getin:

I honestly haven't felt much of a desire to play for the last couple months. This season just hasn't been any fun, I'm hoping the mage update will help a bit.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Trip report: New Zyra feels really drat good. It was hard to tell if it's an overall buff or nerf based on the one game I played but she just feels really smooth to play now. The base movespeed buff is noticeable, especially in the early lane phase, and the plant spawning passive makes her level 1 a lot safer. I was surprised how quickly they start spawning as the game goes on, and the spawn radius is forgiving. It means you always have a couple enraged plants going in her ultimate, too, which isn't always easy to do with just your W plants.

Still feels like Zyra, but more plants. Plants everywhere. Yay for plants!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I can deal with a bad team comp once in a while but three games in a row with no tank and a bunch of squishy, no CC, feeding morons is just too much. Did people completely forget how to make a team on this patch, what the gently caress?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Not Dominion is pretty fun, I will spam the heck out of this on live. Short, high kill fighty games. Faster than Ascension, too.

Sidenote: Taliyah is fun as hell and we are definitely gonna see her in Professional play.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 7, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

SaffronKit posted:

I am unsurprised at A. Sol being at 56% winrate, the patch has done wonders for his itemization. You can actually cap your CDR without having to get morelleo/athenes now. Also the GLP is reallllly good, way better than RoA for him.

So what exactly DO you build on Sol? He's such a weird champion but I'm addicted to playing him in the weekend fun-modes.

Also 56% win rate and 1% play rate on a brand new champion, that's kind of sad. :(

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gibberish posted:

9-3 on Zyra support in the last two days
AP quints and blues, Mpen red and HP yellows, 12/18/0 thunderlords

Went from Gold II to Plat 5 on my smurf usually with most damage and gold

Get on this poo poo before its nerfed boys :getin:

What's your build order? I used to rush Rylai's after FQC but champion.gg is saying go for Liandries first. Not sure if any of the new items really do much for her, or where to get the best CDR for your buck on her anymore.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Tired Moritz posted:

if I'm gonna have an account named SMUG ANIME GIRL, it gonna be accurate.

Get Jinxed.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Rammus is really stupidly fun in Ascension.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Can someone translate this math into english, TIA.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It is a sham, and a scam, since they didn't implement the IP buy thing but released it with an RP-alternative available.

I've opened like 5 boxes with the keys I've gotten through play and never gotten a single champion shard, and I got my two S-ranks on Janna this morning, so those tokens are just gonna sit there until they give the IP buyable item. Kinda sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Just played two ranked games.

My Yasuo: 2-11.
Their Yasuo: 25-5 with a pentakill.

gently caress. Yasuo.

Game three, our Yasuo feeds an Olaf to unkillable.

gently caress

F U
C K

YA
SU
O

mistaya fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 21, 2016

• Locked thread