Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I think they're gonna have to rethink worked ground if they want her to midlane successfully. She's a mage with a no damage ultimate whose poke is extremely gated... it's kind of not good.

I can't imagine her being much use as a support with worked ground as it is either.

I honestly thought she'd be really good with so much utility but the damage just isn't there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I honestly don't know what the gently caress they bothered changing Shen for. The spirit sword thing has nothing to do with his lore and is just a stupid minigame for the sake of having a stupid minigame. He is basically the same champion who does the exact same things he did before, but he doesn't have ranged poke anymore.

And yes this season has been terrible. The vision changes were bad, the marksman update patch cycle was awful, and the new champs have been clunky and weird.

I have a ton of experience with Zyra support but lately I haven't even been winning with her due to top and mid feeding someone to uncontrollable in the first ten minutes. Her damage falls off horribly the longer the game goes if they have any tanks at all, though it can recover a little if you actually get to six items. If I could get an ADC worth half a poo poo the lane is free but man... Just have not had any luck at all this season.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I think it can definitely work more than once, if you use it like a TF ult, opportunistically. It's good for long chases and deep diving and cutting someone off who overextended. But yeah the whole "Taliyah is supposed to get kills anywhere but in the lane she plays" thing that's being said there is pretty loving stupid.

Also the whole "does not function without Rylai's" thing is something I am really getting sick of.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The marksman update did do a decent job of making different ADC's want different items and play differently.

Unfortunately, whichever item set is the strongest is the only group that's gonna get played.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I just don't understand why worked ground doesn't have a benefit to it, it feels like half a mechanic. (no, a lovely movespeed buff is not an actual benefit compared to losing most of the damage on your Q.)

They actually hotfixed lower mana cost on Q and carved 40 seconds off worked ground, I don't really think that's enough.

I really like the idea of her W interacting with it, either making it larger or maybe reducing the activation time to make it easier to land her combo would help significantly.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 24, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's me I'm the person who can't win games with Zyra.

On the other hand Nami seems really decent this patch, she gives 0 shits about all the poke mages in bot lane and very easily sets up kills on them.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I can't play HOTS because too many years of other Blizzard games means I am sick to death of the Blizzard's Crew of characters. I still can't believe Overwatch isn't just a bunch of orcs and starcraft dudes chasing each other around a map.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Why wouldn't you count Gnar? He's a cave-yordle but he's definitely a yordle.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

If you watch pros play against Fizz they trash him in lane so he's always significantly down CS because he doesn't farm well under turret, and they ping him the gently caress out whenever he leaves the lane. He's a frustrating champion because he has 2 dashes built into his kit that don't require his R which I'm not sure anyone else actually has. Most champs with that much mobility need to ult for it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I have this sort of kinda maybe feeling that the amazing cool graph thing they posted about how players tend to play champs in certain group clusters had a lot to do with this marketing sales tool my shop release and wasn't just for funsies.

But I mean, it could just be me.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ryze is named after one of the company founders so...

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The article said they were using their Riot accounts to bully people in game which just seems moronic if you want to keep your job, especially if you're some low level CS rep.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm pretty excited about the exp changes, because being level a level 12 sona vs. a lvl 18 leblanc is sad-fuckin-times, and the less often that happens the better.

I really don't like the eye-stone items. They're incredibly boring stat sticks and their only purpose is to free up an inventory slot so you can rush better items. If the active support items aren't worth buying over the eye items there's kind of a problem.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

There's plenty of reasons to take coin in lanes where you're just not safe AA'ing, like say, Braum/Lucian or other powerful engage lanes, or in lanes where you have a hypercarry ADC who just wants to farm or has a power trough early. It's a passive effect that you can always count on for champions who don't have a safe, consistent way to proc knife.

Coin's active is not bad, especially if your team has lovely or no real engage, it also allows you to disengage fights you wouldn't otherwise be able to and overstay to get an inhib or something without having to be terrified of enemy homeguards.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm honestly disappointed with Ryze's new ulti because it feels like such a cool ulti for a support to have and now we can't ever have that champion.

Why two ranks? How does that even make sense? No other champion has a two-rank ultimate.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

When they were testing it heavily on PBE I bought like 100 boxes just to see how many it'd take to get the gems for annie, it was well over 70 boxes before I had enough, and I was buying the super-premium ones. This told me to never, ever, try for one of the gem skins.

I've gotten a lot of high-tier skins in my live boxes though. Gentleman Chogath, Alien Heimer, Hot Rod Blitz... So far I've only gotten enough dust from various means to unlock Gentleman Cho but a free legendary is a free legendary so I'm cool with that.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

One thing young botlaners really need to learn is when to just give up the outer turret. If you can't even farm at all due to them just diving you, give up the turret and farm back at T2. It's a lot riskier for them to play forward enough to threaten you at that turret, so they end up roaming and you can deny some CS from them while not feeding any more kills. It does give them free reign to roam to other lanes, so make sure to be noisy about pinging missings and the support should reinforce mid or wherever they end up going, not just sit bot with the ADC unless they come after him.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

End Of Thread.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Oh hey, new champion reveal! Crazy old man yordle riding the dinosaur critter from the posters. I have no idea what lane that's gonna be, possibly a jungler?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Some of those VO lines are amazing, but that poor actor must have gone completely hoarse, my god.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The D.VA comparison is legit. Apparently bonus health only applies to Skaarl so there's no double dipping, which means he's running around with base health in dismounted form.

The ult autolocking on the first champion it reaches is going to lead to some funny stuff. Not sure he'll be a pro-pick at all but man he looks fun to play. Also that VO is hilarious even if they only keep half of it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

He's really NOT basically Gnar, at all, in any way.

His movespeed is poo poo in tinymode but he can run AT enemies still, and his gun's backdash-distance is significant if he needs to buy some space. He kinda reminds me of an AD fizz/fiora style diver since he has the forward dashes, with a delayed hook on his trap to pull enemies back in.

Seriously, Mega-gnar has a bunch of on-demand CC and a fat stack of health. Mounted Kled has two dashes and a delayed hook. They both have an attack speed steroid attached to a passive skill I guess?!

His ult is really powerful and possibly one answer to the Sivir Meta. The path it leaves is as wide as a lane and you run Sivir ult speeds if you follow it as an Ally, and it lasts for a LONG time. It's only in the forward direction, though.

I dunno, he feels like a pretty standard/solid toplaner to me. Moderately tanky, some CC, easy to gank for, Sion-level movement ult for ganking midlane and taking the whole team with you. I think it works rather well, having played with it and seen others play it on PBE. Maybe it just looks generic on paper or maybe SA just hates %health damage so much they can't help chortling about lovely champions every time they see it on a kit.

Really I just want to see someone CHAAARGE into the Baron pit with their whole team when everyone thought they were too far to contest. It'll be sweet.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Libertine posted:

Aatrox is great he's the dark heart dark warrior sword swing good champion design okay great North Korea number one country in the world.

I consider Mecha Aatrox to be the real Aatrox and he's just a giant transforming robot out to punch the giant Void monsters in the face which is way better than anything they did with his base skin.

Their stance that Aatrox is kind of boring and pointless but not broken enough to bother ever doing anything about is annoying. Maybe once like, Yorick and Evelynn and some of the other real shitters get done they'll take another stab at him.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Re: FQC The slow is mainly good for landing other things (like Bard ults or Nami bubbles) but I think it's best use is to discourage flankers. Being able to spot the Leblanc coming around the side brush or get vision on the enemy jungler behind the baron/dragon pit without putting yourself at any risk is pretty valuable.

Eye's probably the better item right now but spoopy ghost aint useless.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Libertine posted:

Did you just like lay a craps table down and put item icons on top of it and shoot dice until you came up with this build?

That has a higher chance of producing a viable build than what got posted, I M H O.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I usually say "fun lane" if it was an even or exciting lane in post game, even if like Top had a monster-feedfest that ruined the game for someone afterwards. Most of the time the enemy team agrees or smilies or something.

GG EZ is always insulting. GG is only insulting if the game was a total shitstomp, otherwise it's about as neutral as post-game commentary gets.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

*makes a joke about nidalee spear hitboxes being as wide as shovels*

The spoopy shadow isles coloring should be a tipoff. Though if they turn all his particles spoopy shadow isles green then I'll be pretty disappointed.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Work Friend Keven posted:

Worlds is coming up and that means it's time to buff riven

I think it's probably more that they're re-releasing Championship Riven and want all the scrubs to buy it.

The Corki, Orianna, and Malphite buffs are definitely "worlds is coming up!" buffs though.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Verv I just want to say your Ryze .gifs make me laugh and I appreciate them.

Servaetes posted:

Chumbler at long last revealing his musclewoman endgame fantasy will always be a special moment in the many iterations of this thread.

Agreed.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Don't tell people to play Top Vayne you fool! :argh:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So they're not going to release a single new support this year, eh? :(

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Old Shen could flex support, at least, and that was fun to play/watch. I don't really have an issue with new Shen but I don't think the ghost-sword makes any sense for his LOOOORE or character so it's kind of irritating, also it just doesn't seem to DO all that much.

Like, I haven't seen people do sick outplays via sword positioning, it's not even a good zoning tool. It presents no actual threat on it's own. I think this is kinda due to not being able to throw it forwards into any kind of threatening position, and the enemy team being completely unable to interact with it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah but positioning the sword is literally a matter of having the SUMMON SWORD button available or not. It's not like Orianna where there's outplay potential or solid micro.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's more like I think it's a complete waste of new tech that doesn't do anything a regular spell cooldown wouldn't do, and it's extra screen clutter in a game that has a lot of that already. I already said I don't mind New Shen (other than the fact that it killed Support Shen, which was fun.)

I mean, Riot's already admitted his rework was kind of bullshit and no one was particularly happy with it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Morde/Taric got me plat last season so I liked it. :v:

Some of the jugger-items are still fun. I love Dead Man's Plate.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Oh it was incredibly broken and stupid and I took full advantage of it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's not even sarcastic, if one guy refuses to leave a lane take the whole team down his lane and push it. Don't try to convince him to leave it, don't think about how you could just end if he could get his head out of his rear end and look at the open inhibs, just shove where he is and bring it on home the long way.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

rabidsquid posted:

i got the skin but never got the summoner icon

Same, here. Where is my birthday poro damnit? :argh:

My first ARURF game stuck me on Miss Fortune and a full AD team vs. Alistair+Taric+3 assassins.

We did not have a good time.

Random champs on Summoner's Rift seems like it has some issues with losing at champ select, URF or no URF.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Wait how the gently caress is that Annie, she has Yordle ears.

I thought it was Tristana. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's literally just female superhero stuff. Being willfully dense over it makes you stupid, not better than anyone else.

• Locked thread